Bale

• I don't personally hold him BUT we all know there is going to be lots of MB around him this summer, my question is if he leaves and joins Man United how much do you think he will he drop too?

• To be honest if he goes to United i dint think he will drop in price as he will be an even bigger media magnet. Unless he has shocking form like sanchez.

• everyone said that about Sanchez though and I don't think he has won much MB since.

• That's because he has been poor. If he was scoring and playing well consistently and United were still in the race for the league and champions league he might not have dropped so much. Obviously United have pogba and with everything going on with him, it might have influenced his price as Sanchez isn't the main man.

• I think we've seen a trend in all United transfers (and many others) hitting a spike when they sign and falling from grace the following weeks (Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez to name a few).... Then it's down to form as to whether they can hold or climb back up over time? My preference like many others though is to sell on the spike and go in for more when the price hits rock bottom after a slump in form or during injury perhaps?

If Bale is 'rumoured' with United this summer then no doubt his value will go up... The MB around him will drive people to invest and if he actually signs why not £6/7 per future? Then the sell out will ripple through and his value will fall but perhaps the buyers will outweigh the sellers meaning he'll still hold worth more than he does now?

In which case he sounds like a perfectly good investment to me? Unless he goes nowhere of course!!!!

• @dannypea said in Bale:

I think we've seen a trend in all United transfers (and many others) hitting a spike when they sign and falling from grace the following weeks (Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez to name a few).... Then it's down to form as to whether they can hold or climb back up over time? My preference like many others though is to sell on the spike and go in for more when the price hits rock bottom after a slump in form or during injury perhaps?

If Bale is 'rumoured' with United this summer then no doubt his value will go up... The MB around him will drive people to invest and if he actually signs why not £6/7 per future? Then the sell out will ripple through and his value will fall but perhaps the buyers will outweigh the sellers meaning he'll still hold worth more than he does now?

In which case he sounds like a perfectly good investment to me? Unless he goes nowhere of course!!!!

Do you think if he signs people would market sell or instant sell him?

• I think he’s going back to Spurs they need a marque signing for the new stadium but I wouldn’t be surprised at a swap for Ali with a 1 year loan back deal and to subsidise wage too. Or maybe Kane and cash something will go down but part will be Bale back to spurs is my guess. Can’t see him trading London and Madrid for Manchester Sun or the capital for Rain and Pooles pies :-)

• @Josh I would instant sell myself to get the price i want (would rather sell at say 5.00 minus comms then 4.50 playing the waiting game to market) just so I can put that money in to something elsewhere faster.... Not everybody works like that though and most will 'want' to sell to market to get the best deal for themselves... I liken it to having a football agent or a Dragon though... I would rather have 75% of something rather than 100% of nothing.

• I sold my shares yesterday. Personally don’t see Madrid winning the CL (obviously still not impossible with them!). Bale came off after just 45 minutes yesterday. I think his price will drop and then I’ll buy back into him for after the WC with MB etc because that’ll go on for a while I reckon. Too injury prone these days so I wouldn’t hold out on him once a move is finalised. That’s just my 50ps worth anyway

• I brought in Dec when he was out injured and sold in Jan when he had a few United rumours circling after scoring a couple of goals for Real... nice small profit - he's the sort of 'patchy' player that you can make (or lose) a few quid on short term because of his hot & cold form/injury status/future uncertainty... Could easily buy now and make a good return on him in the summer but i'm still holding out as i think he'll fall more unless he either produces in the UCL semis/final and el Classico... so three games or a massive movement in his transfer status would see him rise earlier, otherwise Zidane to keep binning him his price keeps falling and in the summer when the rumours start the price should boom!!

• I think its pretty nailed on hes coming to UK, regardless which club, his price wont drop on what it is now only go up with the hype of a returning superstar, and lets be honest hes not exactly bad at PB either

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.