What is your portfolio actually worth now?

• Since the introduction of the new Match Engine it has become a lot more difficult to sell your players at the Market Value, for most players, buyers are very unlikely to buy now and will instead put in a bit to try and get them cheaper, even if it is just a couple of pence. This means that the figure shown for your portfolio value is now pretty misleading and it's difficult to know how much you could actually sell your players for.

I was interested to see what my portfolio was actually worth and compare it to what it was worth before the ME came in, I was actually pleasantly surprised as the drop wasn't as bad as I expected.

Pre Me Value: £16,100 (it obviously wasn't a nice round number like this but this is as close as I can remember)
    Post ME displayed value: £16,440 (so on the face of it, I've made a nice profit since the ME came in).
    Post ME Instant Sell Value: £15,149
    Estimated post ME Value: £15,800 (This is just the average of the Market Price and the Instant Sell Price, I figure provided I'm patient I could probably get this for most of my players).

So overall, the impact has actually been less than I expected, I've lost between £1K and £300, depending on whether I use my estimated value or the Instant Sell value. At max just over 6% of the value of my portfolio.

Obviously I'd rather not lose anything, but if you'd asked me to guess before doing the figures I'd have guessed around 20 to 25%, so this is a lot better than I expected. I'd be interested to see if other people have similar results, or if there is a big variation depending on portfolio make up.

My portfolio is a combination of big name dividend monsters (Messi, Neymar, Kane Salah etc), young promising players with future growth (Tonali, Max Aarons, Kluivert, Dolberg, Jesus etc) and players I am hoping will get a transfer to a bigger club (Havertz, Grealish, Neres, Skriniar etc).

Appreciate it's a lot of work to work this out, took me about 15 minutes and there are people with portfolios much bigger than mine, but thought it was interesting to see.

• @GDS

Once proper full order books (Buy & Sell orders) are introduced the market price should converge around a much more representative value, currently buyers are allowed to snipe at largely captive sellers. Any buy order purchases achieved at a discount are immediately valued at full market sell price in your portfolio, giving an instant boost. The real value however comes as the platform grows, both new users & existing ones adding money, creating demand & pushing up prices. ME & order books are certainly a good step in the right direction but there will be some uncertainty as the full system settles in & market confidence is allowed to return. I'd be happy to wager that your portfolio will be worth significantly more in 6/12 months time even if you do absolutely nothing.

• Glad you prompted me to look at this
    Based on current values and taking into account the minimum 2% commission charge
    my port values are below
    Worse case if i sell up everything today im down 6.78 % - this is factoring the 2% commission + an extra 0.5% as when you sell players some of them will go down by 1p

0_1591000633105_upload-20acfcce-c58b-45fd-bca7-bb3bf3f35788

My port consists of 30 players most of which are in the range between £1.30 - £4 with a few of the top end
    so i would imagine if i had more sub £1 players, the potential sell up loss would be considerably greater - but as it is, it slightly more encouraging than i had expected.

• @Advinculas-Index said in What is your portfolio actually worth now?:

Glad you prompted me to look at this
    Based on current values and taking into account the minimum 2% commission charge
    my port values are below
    Worse case if i sell up everything today im down 6.78 % - this is factoring the 2% commission + an extra 0.5% as when you sell players some of them will go down by 1p

My port consists of 30 players most of which are in the range between £1.30 - £4 with a few of the top end
    so i would imagine if i had more sub £1 players, the potential sell up loss would be considerably greater - but as it is, it slightly more encouraging than i had expected.

Did you check how many of your holds had 300 bids on?

I've put a small portion of each hold up for sale at market value. I'm curious to see just how difficult it is to get some money back. It's been around 24 hours (I think)... I've sold just 4 futures... out of 1200+ that I've had up for sale.

I'll post an update in a week or so with my findings. .

• Players in the top 25 are selling within a day or two max.

Its the players outside this range that we now have to work out what extra % we are willing to lose to sell them.

I don't like the change 0 it was easier before - buy or sell - simples.

• 2 questions:

1. Were you considering your portfolio value based on IS value before the introduction of ME? Nothing changed for you, you are just selling to a trader and not to FI
    2. I think there is a wrong idea on Market Sell liquidity. I don’t see any difference vs pre-covid. I’ve been able to sell players in any price range. The queues are very short, because impatient traders tend to instant sell. Keep also in mind that players placing bids will likely not buy that player at full price anyway. If I want somebody which I believe will hit a new high in the short term, I hit buy. The highest number of bids are probably placed on off-cycle players (Ligue 1, Bundesliga soon) and I can bet those traders would not have adopted the same strategy pre-ME

• @NewUser455434

I wouldn't have considered my portfolio in terms of IS values prior to the change as I would very rarely have sold at IS prices. Provided I was willing to be patient I would have been able to sell the vast majority of my players at their value. This isn't the case anymore, for a lot of the players the displayed Market Value is now a work of fiction.

I've had a few players listed since the ME came in, including people like Neymar and have struggled to sell, so while there is now improved liquidity if you are willing to take a hit on prices the liquidity appears a lot worse if you actually want to achieve what they are listed as being worth.

What FI should have done when introducing this new system was revise the way player values are shown, this should reflect the actual average price they've sold for, possibly with a couple of values being shown for last 24 hours, last 7 days, last month. This would allow people to actually see the actual values of their portfolios, rather than seeing some unachievable figure.

• @Dan-The-Man said in What is your portfolio actually worth now?:

@Advinculas-Index said in What is your portfolio actually worth now?:

Glad you prompted me to look at this
    my port values are below

Did you check how many of your holds had 300 bids on?

I've put a small portion of each hold up for sale at market value. I'm curious to see just how difficult it is to get some money back. It's been around 24 hours (I think)... I've sold just 4 futures... out of 1200+ that I've had up for sale.

I'll post an update in a week or so with my findings. .

Just gone through them - they all have > 300 bids on them at the moment(assuming my method of checking was correct). (thats not to say they might not in the future though)

• @GDS I do not agree with changing the players value, because you can market sell your players. Like you, I have Neymar in the queue. I may sell it or not, but will depends on external factors. With no Logic 1 till September, I am not expecting to sell Neymar now, but I do definitely expect to market sell him. The liquidity on Neymar today is no less than the one he had during the period he was injured, players tried to shift him for months. Then suddenly he started to play again and became the king during Jan-Feb

• @NewUser455434

I'm not sure I agree that the reason futures aren't moving is the lack of football. Obviously that contributes, but I think the new system is the main reason.

Before, if you wanted to Market Sell you joined the queue, eventually you got to the top of that queue and you sold. It may take a day, it may take a week it may take a month, but eventually you would get to the top of the queue.

Now there is no guarantee you will ever get to the top of that queue, as people are effectively able to queue jump by offering him at a lower price. You'll only ever be able to Market Sell if every single person who is willing to sell at a lower price has sold their shares. And even then, once you get to the top of the queue and start selling, if someone decides to undercut you by 1p you just have to wait until they've sold all of their shares and hope no one else comes along in the meantime. Even if you do eventually sell at MV it's going to take you a lot longer to do it.

I'm not saying get rid of the Market Value figure, but why not also include an actual realistic figure as well? Then people can choose which figure they want to use. The Market Value one is fine for providing a max possible value and making you feel good. But how about an actual realistic sell price for those of us who want to know what we could actual sell for?