current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures

• Folks, just a quick heads up, in relation to an issue I have encountered 3 times now when buying players on the new matching engine.

Long story short, If i place more than 1 bid for the same player at different prices and both bids are matched/successful, then only the cheapest bid is added to my portfolio (although the bids are both showing as 'matched').

The remaining outstanding futures appear to be floating around in cyberspace ... 🤨💩

Apparently the tech guys are aware of the issue, but I have massive concerns that the errors will not be picked up by anyone other than the individual account holder on carrying out an audit.

If like me, you have been very busy on the matching engine over the past week, I appreciate it can be difficult to keep track of your portfolio.

But hopefully, this post will save a few punters from losing out on money they didn't even know they had lost!👍🤣

• I had the same issue, messaged CS and they sorted it immediately, but I am wary that I may have bought some more shares that aren’t showing up

• @TDOG said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

I had the same issue, messaged CS and they sorted it immediately, but I am wary that I may have bought some more shares that aren’t showing up

That's my main concern ... that there could be thousands of missing futures and the user is not even aware that they are missing!!

I only stumbled upon the errors in my portfolio!

• Just noticed a missing Harold Kane share thanks to this

I havent checked through my other transactions at the moment but it does concern me that others have "slipped through the net"

• I had a matched bid yesterday as a top up, they were added to the player 'total value' but I don't think the average buy price changed..
    Anyone else had similar?

• @Advinculas-Index said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

Just noticed a missing Harold Kane share thanks to this

I havent checked through my other transactions at the moment but it does concern me that others have "slipped through the net"

The problem only seems to relate to when users have placed more than one buy bid for the same player at different prices ... hopefully that will narrow how many transactions you have to check mate! 🤯

• It’s a massive problem.
    I have been in regular touch with CS and each time they ‘manually’ do a reconciliation. The shares do turn up.

However, considering I have a large portfolio and I don’t keep spreadsheets it’s very difficult to keep tabs on this.
    I have decided to take photos of my portfolio or the player I’m bidding on so I can see how many shares I have before I instruct any bid.

The annoying thing is it’s been a problem since ME started and it’s a disappointment that FI haven’t rectified this as of yet.

• @johnboywalker said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

@Advinculas-Index said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

The problem only seems to relate to when users have placed more than one buy bid for the same player at different prices ... hopefully that will narrow how many transactions you have to check mate! 🤯

Managed to find another 52 asensio shares which i hadnt accounted for , i got onto the chat facility and they were able to resolve it straight away, but ill bet there must be hundreds of thousands of cash affected by this.

• @johnboywalker said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

Folks, just a quick heads up, in relation to an issue I have encountered 3 times now when buying players on the new matching engine.

Long story short, If i place more than 1 bid for the same player at different prices and both bids are matched/successful, then only the cheapest bid is added to my portfolio (although the bids are both showing as 'matched').

The remaining outstanding futures appear to be floating around in cyberspace ... 🤨💩

Apparently the tech guys are aware of the issue, but I have massive concerns that the errors will not be picked up by anyone other than the individual account holder on carrying out an audit.

If like me, you have been very busy on the matching engine over the past week, I appreciate it can be difficult to keep track of your portfolio.

But hopefully, this post will save a few punters from losing out on money they didn't even know they had lost!👍🤣

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't touched ME since its inception, and this issue reassures me not to go near it until the full OB is here.

• @Advinculas-Index said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

@johnboywalker said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

@Advinculas-Index said in current matching engine 'known' issue - missing futures:

Managed to find another 52 asensio shares which i hadnt accounted for , i got onto the chat facility and they were able to resolve it straight away, but ill bet there must be hundreds of thousands of cash affected by this.

This is exactly what I was afraid of!?

If experienced users like you and I are being caught out by this, then surely there will be hundreds of new users losing out.

The FI technology does not pick up the errors.

Only manual intervention resolves it.

If experienced users like you and I are being caught out by this, then surely there will be hundreds of new users losing out.

Indeed, i suspect the volume of bidding i have undertaken since it started up is relatively low compared to some.
    Thanks for the heads up though - im now around £130 better off than i thought i was 👍🤣

Indeed, i suspect the volume of bidding i have undertaken since it started up is relatively low compared to some.
    Thanks for the heads up though - im now around £130 better off than i thought i was 👍🤣

Hey, it's not just King Eric that helps folks make money around here! 🤣

I should definitely be charging some sort of commission for this ...

JBW claims direct.
    'Have you ever been ripped off by the index or involved in buttfuckery that wasn't your fault. Give JBW a call. Nae blame nae claim!'

• @johnboywalker thought my balance looked odd the other day... Going through transaction history is flecking awful now as every bid and cancelled bid is logged, but oddly not the purchases from bids!

I've gone through my figures about 5 times and think I've lost some money in the midst of all this ME chaos...

Does this sound like this fault? Has money gone but no shares in?

• @Westy

On the 3 occasions it happened to me. It was the same issue each time.

Placed bids on a player of 25 futures at £1.28 and 30 futures are £1.25 ... I woke the next morning to see that both bids had been successful, but the lowest priced futures had not been added to my portfolio, yet the money had been removed.

I luckily took screenshots of my port prior to the matching engine going live, so I could check the numbers quite easily.

I'm not sure if yours is the same issue, but if your gut is telling you it doesnt look accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fuck up in there somewhere!!

• @johnboywalker
    On my Asensio cock up i thankfully i had my transaction history downloaded up to the end of April so i downloaded the rest and then filtered on Asensio so i could pinpoint the error - even that was a bit fiddly though.

I had to do this as i had been sells and Buys on him close together on the sane day so it would have been virtually impossible to know for definite otherwise.

Im surprised that there hasnt been some sort of communication gone out about this as im sure it will have affected hundreds if not thousands of traders a lot of which wont even have realised.