Mehdi Taremi... 29p

• Who Is Mehdi Taremi

The papers call him the "The Iranian Zlatan" and he currently plays for Liga Nos 5th place, Rio Ave.
    (for those who don't know, 5th place will qualify for the Europa League this year, because 1st and 2nd are in the final of the Taca De Portugal)

I was first put on to Taremi by a cousin of mine, who I know to be a very intelligent football fan. This was over a year ago now, back when the Iranian was still playing in Qatar, listed at just 10p on FI. At the time, Taremi had been linked to then Premiership club, Huddersfield Town and would later be linked by [SkySports to Aston Villa.](Villa

When he moved to Rio Ave, I chose to stay with him, as by that point, I'd seen plenty of videos on the guy, he's incredibly talented and we all know that being a shinning star in Liga Nos, can often result in a move a major PB club. It seemed like with him up top, Rio Ave might even have half a chance of securing a place in Europe, which would naturally see him spike in price. I posted about it at the time.

0_1591006812899_Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.16.24.png

Developments
    Taremi's debut for Rio Ave saw him bag a hatrick causing is price increases to hit the trending page a few times in short succession and he followed that up with some big goals against Benfica and Porto

In January, a A €2.5m deal was accepted and announced for Mehdi Taremi to join Ligue 1 outfit, Bordeaux. but on Transfer Deadline day, the owners of Bordeaux went dark and it later emerged that they had financial troubles so pulled out at the last minute.

Newest Development
    Benfica, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, are all said to be interested and last week Spanish paper Marca reported that Espnayol were "lining up a move" for him. but that they were set to face competition from Seria A's Atalanta.

Meanwhile, Rio Ave are reportedly looking for his replacement already, which makes sense given he's clearly got one foot out of the door.

Summary
    He's currently at a club who will qualify for the Europa League if things stay the same and so far he has had interest from teams who are in the Champions League, LaLiga, Seria A and the Premiership. Prior to ME, I would have said he was well worth the punt. Since ME was introduced, my confidence levels are at an all time low as I feel I need to learn the platform again, so rather than recommend him like I have done previously, I want to hear other peoples thoughts on him as a hold. Good, bad or ugly.

Full Disclosure
    I have 1200 Mehdi Taremi... and 200 of those are up for sale along with a portion of all my players to see how long it would take me to free up some capital under the new system. Hopefully some of you want in, you get a bargain, I get to lower my exposure whilst I find my footing and he goes on to make us a bunch of cash! WIN WIN WIN. In all honesty, I don't know if under the new system, he's a good or bad hold....guidance would be appreciated.

• @Dan-The-Man
    Hi, good write up, very accurate. I have been on him a couple of months.
    Even if he signs for Benfica or Porto, I can see a sell on and cash in after the first season.
    If I was you I’d hold, he’s really under exposed at the minute. Take the 200 out of the queue.
    He’s a double your money easy player.

• I couldn't buy an Iranian player with counterfeit money,he'll be having all the summers on the beach,but good luck.

• He's 27,don't see him as prospect,he is what he is.

• @Ringers said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

@Dan-The-Man
    Hi, good write up, very accurate. I have been on him a couple of months.
    Even if he signs for Benfica or Porto, I can see a sell on and cash in after the first season.
    If I was you I’d hold, he’s really under exposed at the minute. Take the 200 out of the queue.
    He’s a double your money easy player.

My logic is.... if he stays and they get 5th place, he's going to have PB potential when they are in Europa League, which could attract traders to him given his cheap price. If he leaves to any of the clubs rumoured... that's when the seriosu PB potential begins because he's more than a goal scorer. Fingers crossed.

The 200 in the queue, is just 200, of 1,200 and it's just part of an experiment I'm running on all of my players, where I've stuck a portion of each up to see how long it takes me to sell. I've not placed any decent sized bets in here for ages, as my port has been tied up during lockdown, so small portion of my players, I've market sold out of has at least given me some liquidity.

• @Dan-The-Man whats your gut telling you in terms of price when he moves to 'any' of these clubs?

• @NewUser65276 said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

He's 27,don't see him as prospect,he is what he is.

He is a player who has developed throughout his career as the standard of the football he plays gets better.

Didn’t do Vardy any harm

• I've looked at him in the past and he is cheap - but the risk profile is certainly higher now for these types of players and I think that would put me off.

• @Dan-The-Man he’s definitely not staying, there is a Portuguese article in which the Rio Ave chair says he’s on the way, it’s just a matter of where.

• He's worth 21p per share of my money.
    Sort of a try first and see how I get on with him.

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

He's worth 21p per share of my money.
    Sort of a try first and see how I get on with him.

SNAP

• I'll take 300 at 18p :):):)

• @Millerman said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

@Dan-The-Man whats your gut telling you in terms of price when he moves to 'any' of these clubs?

I’ll give you my guesses.

Benfica (or Porto) the current best striker is Vinícius at 1.34 (high 1.64) he is a bit younger and a step ahead of Taremi, in that he will be closer to a PB transfer. However Pizzi and Seferović are both older and on the way down at 44p and 43p. It obviously depends on his performances, but I see him north of 44p maybe 50-55p. If he kicks on, scores loads and plays well in European games and transfer spec comes 80p plus.

If he moved to a PB league 70p-£1

Premier League 80p-£1.25

He was linked in the winter window to Villa and Bordeaux, so there are possibilities.

• @Millerman said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

@Dan-The-Man whats your gut telling you in terms of price when he moves to 'any' of these clubs?

Not sure what Iran's prospects are in the World Cup, if any... so it depends on where he goes. If he stays in Portugal but at a club in one of the European competitions, he's still raising his profile, playing in a PB cup, etc, so he certainly becomes more interesting to the wider market. Maybe he increases slightly... say 10-15p, a bit more if he gets a goal. This time next year, maybe he's got a bit more of a name about him. You only have to look at the likes of Telles, to see what playing well in Liga Nos can get you.

But let's say he moves to Spain, Italy, France or the UK (he's had links to all of them)... well, that's an every week PB chance for a striker who bagged a hatrick on Liga NOS debut.... could see him double up if it's a low tier club and if it's a decent club, who knows.

• @Ringers said in Mehdi Taremi... 29p:

@Dan-The-Man he’s definitely not staying, there is a Portuguese article in which the Rio Ave chair says he’s on the way, it’s just a matter of where.

Yeah, I mean, he was one foot out the door at Xmas and there's already links to everyone else.

• Had a bid in at 25p for a few days now on this guy. Agree with all points been made, seems a no brainer as there's room for growth even if he stays at Rio Ave. I think he'll move on though, been keeping tabs on him since January when the Villa move didn't happen as it seemed likely he'd be off in the next window.

His goalscoring record at international level isn't far of Sardar Azmoun and he's done well within decent leagues in Europe, has also been linked to PB leagues and is currently 90p+. Lots to be encouraged by here.

• There’s bids in for 28p now. Seems a little odd, not enough of a rise yet to take offers surely.

Just buy at 29p

• @Ringers

This was 200 earlier, so at least 91 have been picked up at market price, which is a weird number.

I'm so impatient when it comes to these things ha. In other circumstances I'd have just cancelled this sell order and done the instant sell, but I'm not actually trying to sell the player, I'm just trying to see how long it would take to sell a sizeable quantity of each player.

0_1591194866728_Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 15.33.35.png

• @Ringers Probably a fair assessment. I was chancing my arm a little bit with a bid to save a few quid really. I've gone in with a purchase now at 29p because I do think he'll take off sooner rather than later.

• @CptMorgan fingers crossed