Calm Down and Carry On

• Can already see some alarmist and knee jerk comments on here already after the twitter Q & A. But lets look at in detail:

New territories - In mine and a lot of other users views going back at least 2 years we have concluded it would be nearly impossible for a merged index and the main thing was to develop a strong transparent UK version

Media - The top players are wrote about in all papers and news outlets and will remain the top players for MB in the future, sorting out name glitches and few other irritating bits will be good.

The scoring matrix was already going to be reviewed annually so nothing changes there and again any changes are likely to be minor - yes TAA may get a little less per cross but the defenders who come 2nd and 3rd to him may also lose points - He will stay play for a team that dominates the ball, attacks down the flanks and he is young and should only get better!

Hopefully by the start of next season (not long) we should have sell orders, a better IPO system, a NASDAQ operating system, knowledge of when our 3 year holds finish and more accurate data on players.

All in all it was just an update on what we could have guessed and predicted - personally I am fine with it as in just a few weeks the product will look and feel better.

• People really don’t appreciate how fantastic this platform is and the growth potential it still has. Yes there is room for improvements but so many jist love to complain and get a negative tone going. Just enjoy the ride! Anything else is a bonus.

• To be fair people have every right to complain if you set your port up for one set of rules and matrixes and then they change them, and change them again, and change them again.

I’d rather they just made changes and said that’s it, no more changes for three years. At least we’d know where we stand.

How can you build a port if you don’t know what you’re building it for?

• @Erased-Citizen

You are getting far too worked up about this and my advice would be to do nothing as if you make knee jerk reactions losses usually follow.

You have to remember this is an embryonic product in its infancy and therefore the one guarantee is change. Just think if Apple had said we do not need an iphone 2!!

• @Erased-Citizen How can FI build a better platform if they don't make changes for 3 years?

Changes are how improvements are made, get over it.

• @Fletch said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen

You are getting far too worked up about this and my advice would be to do nothing as if you make knee jerk reactions losses usually follow.

You have to remember this is an embryonic product in its infancy and therefore the one guarantee is change. Just think if Apple had said we do not need an iphone 2!!

But doing nothing has implications also! For example I’m currently buying into big MB holds (something I’ve never done but I’m now doing so that I have a total diverse port and can add dividends to my profit abilities). However, if they change the media review and it effects the big names, prices will tumble and I lose out.
    Yet if I don’t buy them in case they change the media review and they end up leaving it as is, I’m then left with no media players and bigger prices to pay to start getting them.

Catch 22 situation at present while they decide how many more changes they might it might not do; all of which have an impact on people’s strategies and ports.

Surely your own port must be susceptible in some areas if they do or don’t change certain things?

This effects us all and it’s got nothing to do with moaning as people just want clarity, certainty and a settled platform.

• @Gaz said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen How can FI build a better platform if they don't make changes for 3 years?

Changes are how improvements are made, get over it.

Advise me how you build a port then?

• Yep nothing to see here, move along

• @Erased-Citizen they haven’t actually changed anything. Just said up for review which we all already knew...
    it’s going to get to a point where the best players get the best scores. It is still at the point at the moment where the best player on the pitch could be out scored by another.

• @Erased-Citizen

Take time to read and digest what has been said - Have you bothered to look at the top 10 media scorers from today - Then look where there points came from and if you take 1 outlet away they all lose points so the table stays the same - The press write about the big names everyday - If they get rid of The Star, The Mirror and The Express today's winners would still look the same

• @Zaka_7 said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen they haven’t actually changed anything. Just said up for review which we all already knew...
    it’s going to get to a point where the best players get the best scores. It is still at the point at the moment where the best player on the pitch could be out scored by another.

But why keep reviewing things? Set a matrix for PB and MB and leave it be or at least leave it for three years minimum. How can you buy shares in a player based on a set of rules, only for them rules to be changed and when changed its a race to sell those players as they have been devalued by the changes.

Surely the best and most profitable thing for FI and it’s traders is stability! They should be trying to entice big investment and traders but I certainly wouldn’t be investing as a big trader looking at all the uncertainty and continual tinkering.

• @Erased-Citizen The same way you would have traded two hours ago, nothing's changed.

• @Fletch said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen

Take time to read and digest what has been said - Have you bothered to look at the top 10 media scorers from today - Then look where there points came from and if you take 1 outlet away they all lose points so the table stays the same - The press write about the big names everyday - If they get rid of The Star, The Mirror and The Express today's winners would still look the same

But who decides what is and isn’t classed as a tabloid? All newspapers are tabloids in my opinion.

• @Erased-Citizen it’s incredibly rare something is perfect from the off. And the can’t change it mid season. I reckon it will get to the sweet spot soon enough and likely not need to change again. I see your point I really do. But so many more positives and the index will still be booming. Particularly for those in it for the long term. All this short term panickers like what’s currently happening on TAA are just creating short term bargains for the rest of us. Almost every matrix that could be created he’s stand a huge chance of winning. People are just so blinkered.

• @Erased-Citizen

They decided not to include the Sun because of views they had - but it does not matter what the outlets are as they all write about the same players - Have you been and looked at the points today as I suggested as if not it is pointless trying to help you.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Calm Down and Carry On

But who decides what is and isn’t classed as a tabloid? All newspapers are tabloids in my opinion.

Quality Press.

I just started a thread on this below.

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/17236/quality-press

• @Zaka_7 said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen it’s incredibly rare something is perfect from the off. And the can’t change it mid season. I reckon it will get to the sweet spot soon enough and likely not need to change again. I see your point I really do. But so many more positives and the index will still be booming. Particularly for those in it for the long term. All this short term panickers like what’s currently happening on TAA are just creating short term bargains for the rest of us. Almost every matrix that could be created he’s stand a huge chance of winning. People are just so blinkered.

The index might be booming but if I have a port set up towards a certain area and they change the value of players in that area then there’s very little you can do without taking a big hit on profit and value.

I get products needs to change and be tinkered with to improve but these are major changes that have major implications. I know it’s not possible but it’s almost like you should be given the option to sell players at market price or keep holding them before a big change is introduced as it’s effectively a change in terms and conditions which you’re either happy with or wish to withdraw from. Not a great example but it’s similar to if your mortgage or insurance offers or terms change; you have the option to accept them or not.

• @Erased-Citizen it’s a betting platform?

• @Tincan said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen it’s a betting platform?

It is but I’m not sure what your point is? If I bet on something at the bookies they don’t change the bet once I’ve bet on it.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Tincan said in Calm Down and Carry On:

@Erased-Citizen it’s a betting platform?

It is but I’m not sure what your point is? If I bet on something at the bookies they don’t change the bet once I’ve bet on it.

The trouble is you’re only going to get that luxury if you’re happy for the index to stand still and not attempt to be better.