Quality Press

• Following Adam Cole's Q&A, I could be taking this too literally, but it was part of my feedback in the previous survey on MB which Adam referenced so there may or may not be a direct link.

Quality Press is actually a real thing. See below. It's basically the old broadsheet newspapers (as opposed to tabloids). Focus is on more serious debate as opposed to celebrity culture or sensationalism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_press

As for the impact on MB, I don't foresee a big change as I guess the same players mentioned for the most part but with different focuses.

Obviously this would be supplemented with football news outlets (BBC Sport, Talksport, Sky Sports etc) so my guess is simply replacing the Daily Express and others with these?

Quality Press

The Times
    Sunday Times
    Guardian
    Observer
    Financial Times
    Daily Telegraph
    The Sunday Telegraph
    i

• I agree with and for FI addicts like us here on the forum it would be great, however there target market do tend to read other papers - I cannot see them leaving out all the others even though I would approve.

The daft thing is I do believe the same players would still win there share so it is a big debate over nothing in the end :)

• @Fletch True. Not meaning to cause offence, but if they are targeting 'whales', then the above sources would likely carry more credibility.

Ironically, I think you are right about the same players, but the focus of the stories are very different. For example, I can imagine in depth feature articles on players backgrounds in the above, but no haircuts!

• I don’t regard any press as quality but that’s a different story as they all have their own agendas and leanings.

If they want to make changes then publish those changes, stick by them (I.e. don’t change them again and again) and give people the opportunity to sell players who would become undervalued because of the changes that weren’t in existence when they bought those shares.

• I don't think you'd get as many lazy Pogba stories in the quality press. Petty feuds with Graeme Souness don't seem to feature in the times for some reason

• How come the daily mail isn’t included currently?

• @ChazFI123 How come the Sun isn't? Isn't it the nation's Favourite?

• The Sun and Daily Mail are about as newsworthy as a piece of toilet roll.....used.

• @ChazFI123 I think the I is/was part of the Daily Mail. Was the DM ever a broadsheet?

• The Sun is excluded as the FI ownership (I think Mike) has Hillsborough links and the Sun's reporting of that was disgraceful.

If we have the guardian we will probably get stories about how much more money does Pogba earn than a teacher!!

• I'm sorry but just because an owner has personal links with Hillsborough you cant exclude the biggest selling daily in the UK...... Yes the Sun is a crap paper but to be honest most the UK media is rubbish and is now just click bait. This includes the broadsheets.

• @trig said in Quality Press:

I'm sorry but just because an owner has personal links with Hillsborough you cant exclude the biggest selling daily in the UK...... Yes the Sun is a crap paper but to be honest most the UK media is rubbish and is now just click bait. This includes the broadsheets.

What you may be missing, is that The Sun, is a hated paper, banned in Liverpool. FI just don't need the intense negativity it brings.

• The Sun is hated by Liverpool fans not everyone, I did say it was a crap paper which it is but dont get carried away. Also it is not banned in Liverpool just a lot of places refuse to sell it.

• @trig ok maybe not banned but it simply not sold; the outlets used is contained within the rules.

And as a private company the owners can do what they like...if they don’t want to include the sun they don’t

• @trig said in Quality Press:

The Sun is hated by Liverpool fans not everyone, I did say it was a crap paper which it is but dont get carried away. Also it is not banned in Liverpool just a lot of places refuse to sell it.

Klopp wouldn't even answer questions from The Sun and weirdly, it wasn't because he's a Liverpool manager as such, it was integrity. Gotta love that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKWEUQBicw

• The Times, Sunday Times and the Sun all Murdoch papers..............

• ‘The Guardian’ - quality press?????!!!!!???? Funniest thing I have heard in the last few months! 😂🤣😂

• @trig

And SKY the outlet that made the Premier league what it is and probably was the main reason for FI . Murdoch outlets have been superb for the UK despite their one mistake of supporting Bliar.

• @Erased-Citizen

Best sellers and central to the English football culture it is folly to ignore them ,as others have said the Guardian can stick to what it's good at fake news.