Pb matrix survey

• Moving away from the dick swinging ‘mythical matrix review’ thread , thought it may be interesting to hear from traders what parts of the matrix they will be suggesting change on?
    For me, termination of the inaccurate cross and a significant boost for ‘big chance created’.
    That’s just off the top of my head.

• @Timothee-Atouba yep. Agree with those two.

Long term I'd like to see GWG removed but appreciate it likely won't happen. Or a bonus for multiple goals/ hat tricks etc?

• @Metropolis definitely scope for a multiple goal boost. I think there’s a narrow sweet spot for that one where it won’t just guarantee a very big score just for goals alone and little else.
    I think as far as losing gwg is concerned you’ve got more chance of Adam Cole releasing his own emoji.

• The thing about inaccurate crosses can actually still be a big chance created, like when a cross is whipped in between GK and last defender only for Lukaku to fall over himself an not connect. Just my opinion mind

• @Gregolocky Exactly. An increase to ‘big chance created’ will more than make up for scrubbing wayward crossing if you’re actually good at crossing.

• @Timothee-Atouba Big chance created then could be come very subjective to whoever is watching the match and calculating the scores 🤷‍♂️. Could be worse and more contentious than ever.

• especially if they start to provide PB score breakdowns

• @Gregolocky Possibly. But it does already exist on the matrix.

• Has to be GK being more competitive.

• Personally I do not think there is much wrong with it, maybe a 1 point reduction for unsuccessful crosses, but if there was one change I would like is that defenders subbed off after say 75 minutes to get the clean sheet bonus. I always think its unfair when a team is winning say 4-0 and in the 1st minute of injury time they sub of a defender that he misses the bonus points.

• The boost for GWG is disproportionate. I'd make that a lot smaller.

• @Fletch said in Pb matrix survey:

Personally I do not think there is much wrong with it,

I tend to agree, any changes need to be quite small, but more important than which metric changes is CERTAINTY. I could live with almost any matrix if I knew that was what my 3 year bet was based on, not constant rumour & speculation of reviews & changes, that just destabilises the entire FI concept.

Why does it matter? FI is based on trust & confidence that a wager can be laid around certain parameters that are know & can be modelled & will payout accordingly. The last matrix resulted in attacking FB/WB's becoming defender kings & killing the previously dominate passing CB's. I have no problem with the what type of player best suits the matrix but a MAJOR one with building a portfolio on that & the consequent increase in prices for those best suited, only for it to be then rewritten & those players plummet in value & some previously unwanted ones rocket as they are now best suited with absolutely no predictability.

Set a matrix review once a year maximum, preferably pre season, known in advance & then stick with the result for a minimum 12 months - How hard can that be?

• @NewUser159387 said in Pb matrix survey:

Set a matrix review once a year maximum, preferably pre season, known in advance & then stick with the result for a minimum 12 months - How hard can that be?

To be fair.... I think this is exactly what they plan to do 😐

• @Ericali

Didn't see what AC said on Q&A so I certainly hope so, FI just need to be more professional overall both in communications & implementation. Their latest dividend miss payout/ recall debacle was just the latest example of failing to get the absolute basics correct then compounding the error with terrible decision making. A prolonged period of stability & certainty would allow what is potentially a fantastic world beating product to grow & flourish benefiting everyone.

• I'd like to see something introduced/removed that makes CB's more competitive with FB's and more points for a player scoring more than one goal.
    Add to that a separate category for GK's with a small dividend on offer.

Think that is all we need and would create interest in all areas of the market and make the matrix better suited to actual on the pitch performance.

• @Ericali said in Pb matrix survey:

@NewUser159387 said in Pb matrix survey:

To be fair.... I think this is exactly what they plan to do 😐

To do this would be disastrous.

How can we buy into supposed 3 year "bets" if the terms change every 12 months?

Are we heading the way of some kind of Fantasy League scenario, where every 12 months there is an absolute portfolio cull based on new terms?

I said to @MrWh1te to wait until the q&a before going on a hiatus and to face the music if his negativity was misplaced. So ... if he did wait, he'd see that his concerns went largely ignored by Adam Cole and nothing has been said to quash any fears about IS being gone forever. And if anything, even MORE uncertainty and doubts have been raised now! So Mr White, if I had a go at you (not sure I did 😂) then I apologise. Your concerns are now very valid

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Pb matrix survey:

@Metropolis definitely scope for a multiple goal boost. I think there’s a narrow sweet spot for that one where it won’t just guarantee a very big score just for goals alone and little else.

I wouldn't mind seeing the GWG scrapped, rarely reflects the ebb and flow of matches, game state etc. If they were going to continue down the GWG route, I'd like to something for equalisers as well.

• I'd like to see a 'you knob head' category for when a player gets a yellow for a goal scored or takes 4 minutes to walk off the pitch when subbed in the 92nd minute.

In all seriousness I'd like to see keepers have their own slot.....keepers are pretty much worthless at the moment.

• Personally I hate the idea of a survey.

We all have our own agenda (and money currently invested in that agenda) so our answers will be geared towards protecting our investment (or enhancing a bad investment that might benefit from certain matrix changes).

The matrix works fine, sure there are one or two "cheat codes" but they aren't 100%!

Using the most divisive player on the index as an example because he apparently benefits most from the current matrix....

How many games has TAA played this season, and how many times has he won PB in those games? If it's more than 30% then I'd say yes, have a look at the matrix because there would clearly be a bias.
    Can anyone tell me what the figures are?

We desperately need stability right now. An MB review is happening, as well as the ME part 2 coming in. THAT'S PLENTY!

Adam Cole needs to retract that PB review statement because it's going to stifle investment from now until summer! I know I am not buying anyone now until I know what's happening with the PB matrix. I'm sure hundreds of others are going to do the same.

• I don’t care what they change I’ll adapt and any negative impact on my holds will be balanced by nature CA growth if I decide to stick with them.

What I want is them to fix it for a set period, I’m happy with a 12 month review every June implemented for the start of July every year. That way I know the playing field and I can plan and adjust accordingly.

• @Sav2000 said in Pb matrix survey:

I don’t care what they change I’ll adapt and any negative impact on my holds will be balanced by nature CA growth if I decide to stick with them.

What I want is them to fix it for a set period, I’m happy with a 12 month review every June implemented for the start of July every year. That way I know the playing field and I can plan and adjust accordingly.

If they did that Sav then I don't see why shares should be valid for 3 years. They should make them valid until retirement mate.

Say I've held a cheap player for exactly 2 years now who is great at tackles but tackles get reduced in a matrix change....,nobody will buy him, I can't IS and he expires and I lose everything.
    The day after he expires, the matrix changes again and tackles are trebled! That player doubles in value but i dont own him now 😢