Does anyone hate that FI doesn't seem to be about football anymore.

• It feels that we have to second guess what the company is going to do to either change the rules or bend them.

As much as the bookmaking industry is disgusting how they can ban winning gamblers, they don't change rules so gamblers can bet knowing that if they have a 7-1 winner they will be paid accordingly.

With the index from one month to another things can change that leads to bets being worth soo much less or soo much more. Does anyone feel the same way I do? So frustrating.

• No. The product is continually evolving and improving for the better. Every significant change they have introduced over the last 3 years ( PB, IPD, Matching Engine) has improved the platform and increased its appeal.

If the rules had been fixed as they were 3 years ago as some posters seem to pushing for, I guarantee there wouldn’t be anything like the sums invested that there are today.

• 0_1591132135667_Screenshot_20200602-193801.png
    Mate sell orders are coming and not too soon for you I'm sure. No crumbs of comfort from Mr Cole for bottom end traders other than sell orders is in the immediate road map.

• Well the last couple of months have felt like it’s not about football. Pretty inevitable since there has been no football.
    The people panicking are the ones checking in 50x a day expecting to see changes and booming ports when the reason for our bets is not even taking place.
    Chill out, relax and watch the rockets and positivity fully return in about 15 days 😃

• @Tom7471 At the moment, it can feel this way but I'm reserving judgement until football resumes and things return to normal. I think the situation with IS is very problematic and disappointed to see it not addressed tonight.

As for the matrix, I don't expect a big change, but happy to cut them some slack on this.

One thing I would expect is any changes made to be based on overall traders sentiment. Ie taken from surveys etc and not just in FI's interests.

• @Coleyscrooge said in Does anyone hate that FI doesn't seem to be about football anymore.:

No. The product is continually evolving and improving for the better. Every significant change they have introduced over the last 3 years ( PB, IPD, Matching Engine) has improved the platform and increased its appeal.

If the rules had been fixed as they were 3 years ago as some posters seem to pushing for, I guarantee there wouldn’t be anything like the sums invested that there are today.

I do partially agree as some changes needed to be made to make it more professional and to attract those big professional traders. Especially as this company is still in its infancy. However, there also comes a point where once you’ve done that you should stop tinkering and provide stability as that’s crucial on a trading platform like this. Yes introduce order books and make the platform professional looking and appealing but is there really a need to have reviews and change media and performance matrixes in ways that effect investments. They are making a rod for their own backs in doing this and will never reach their full potential in attracting big traders if they continue this way.

I’d actually love to hear the views of big professional investors and if they’d invest in something that changes its fundamentals so regularly? I doubt they would with any confidence.

• Real football is barely about football anymore you loon. It's all business. A football gambling platform with hardly any games these days to gamble on, might as well naval gaze whilst its quiet.

• yes

said on another thread

bought players at a price knowing there was a get-out via IS if things went sour....bad form, no transfer, injury etc

That was what I signed up to when I invested

During covid we had a dip due to no games, and IS switched off

then we go to ME and without the chance to get out of anything beforehand

a 66p player now has a highest offer of 33p

50%

Bringing in ME straight after no IS was a joke, and it has now taken away all of FI's risk from any purchase. Nobody's bothered about my little investment or my port dropping.
    Were Pogba to get a career threatening injury tomorrow we may see the walls come down

• @Leighton you know the German league has started?

• @Munchie63 thats it. If they changed a rule making sanchos value worth much less then all hell would break loose.

• @Dalian-Smith

can you explain how/if sell orders help people buying the lower end players? will the spread get tighter? thanks

• @G27 Sell orders will give an opportunity for sellers to offload stock which currently very limited in options. I'm not sure it's the big fix for some in their current predicament. The removal of IS has removed the security of investing in the lower end. Price adjustment to these new conditions is likely to occur particularly to those with negligible pb value. Demand will dictate the tightness of the spread but understandbly the lower end has now lost some of its appeal without IS.

• Every company is the world is constantly evolving, some companies communicate their product strategies really well and some don't. FI do not.

• @Tom7471 this is it for me in a nutshell. The guys who are sitting on mega ports of Top 20 players and raking in dividends left right and centre couldn't give two shits about the lower end (cos they either have few or none of them - and their big gun profits would far outweigh their bottom end buys anyway) so they just think certain people are whinging for the sake of it. Unfortunately for many they don't have thousands to throw at players so build up a nice port at the bottom end. Probably did plenty of very shrewd and wise purchases which are now worth the princely sum of fuck all. Not sure how people struggle to comprehend the whinging to be honest.

Yet reverse this and imagine FI installing a change to the system where all the £0-£1 players managed to double/treble/quadruple in price due to the said change, and all the top end of Sancho, Mbappe, Pogba etc were affected and you were left with a player who was now worth half or a third of his value (after you naively thought you were sitting on a mass wad of cash) the platform would go into absolute fucking meltdown. People crying foul. Unacceptable etc etc.

Then all us little guys at the bottom would be saying to those guys 'you should've read the T&Cs blah blah blah.' See how level headed the replies would've been then :)

• Surely the bottom end are by definition 'riskier' bets given their price is lower. So you would expect that the spreads are wider in percentage terms at the bottom compared to the top?

• @Neil2265

We’ve only just had the first part of OB introduced. I still believe that if you’re purchasing shares in sub £1 players for multiple fundamental reasons more often than not they will do what you bought them for... go up in demand/value. The IS will close but try and sell in the queue. I could go into great detail about making the most of various spikes but I see great value/opportunity at the bottom. Of course there’s some absolute rubbish but if you do your research then you can thrive. I’m enthusiastic about the sub £1 market and am not convinced by some of the scare mongering (I’m not alluding to your comment). I’m optimistic that more users will join the platform and as well as buying the shiny Sanchos etc will see the affordability/opportunity at the bottom, use IPD to contribute a %clawback and see many shares soar in value. I’m not talking about 9p Saudis Arabians but there are top flight international players at 30p that are worth buying... I hope!

Edit: Sorry, couldn’t remember your comment when writing. It’s funny how we determine risk differently because I see more expensive players as riskier bets because they might go down in value but see so many cheap players going up at least once in three years.

• @PaulM Yeah i agree! Majority of my players are below £3 and have some below £1. As long as you're not buying terrible players with no prospects there will always be a chance to either market sell or a case when the spread is narrowed if the player is in demand.
    Don't really see the problem some are bringing up...providing the player is good enough to compete or win dividends in the future - which is ultimately driving the price.

• I don't know any other business that has given you 8% profit for simply investing money in the index as FI have done,all your Euros would have gained 8% and invested in a British business. All other investments are dead at the moment and the only surprise is that much more money didn't pour into the index,I have been an investor for three years on the index but do realise the newbies who have jumped on the bandwagon may not have seen the same growth I have and the investment bonus was just too good to refuse.

• For the record we have never been betting on football.....we place our bets based on our predictions of the behaviours of others on the index.

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Does anyone hate that FI doesn't seem to be about football anymore.:

the platform would go into absolute fucking meltdown. People crying foul. Unacceptable etc et

People just don't have a clue do they. You were able to buy players that were "crap" and you would have a safety button now that has gone people are now saying its our faults. I just hope the top end don't crumble