The need for stability

• Surely one thing all of us can agree on is that stability is best for traders, best for FI and more importantly at present, best for attracting big and professional investors into the platform.

There’s currently a big argument going on across a number of threads and it’s somewhat lost it’s way and being made out that people don’t want any change, which is not the case.

I think everyone (even those who don’t like change) understands that for the platform to grow, become more professional and to attract the big investors it had to change. So the changes in terms of introducing ME in various stages and heading towards OB, while making the app and platform more professional and attractive was 100% the right thing to do and in turn will bring more traders and more profit for all of us.

Those changes are then supported by a PB and MB matrix, which effectively determines the value of a player (how likely are they to win PB, how likely are they to feature in the media, etc, etc). Again this is great and a crucial element as that’s what we all base or purchases and portfolios on and these are the two main elements that effect players prices and values. Again, I don’t think any will disagree on that?

However, once all the needed changes are in place (ME, OB, etc) and you have an agreed PB and MB set of matrixes, why do any further changes need to take place as you will now have the all singing and all dancing professional platform that you’ve been aiming for to attract those big investors. Yes little things will always need doing to improve functionality but why is there a desire or need to review and change the PB/MB matrixes every so often? I think that’s the key question in all of this for me; why?

We all know these are the two areas that determine player value and determine how we all proceed in terms of strategy and risk. So why can’t they be decided upon and stuck with. Is it because they’re continually chasing a matrix that will suit all players because if so that’s unachievable as there’s always going to be certain players that suit the matrixes better than others.

What are the reasons behind these reviews and changes when they know changes in these areas have a substantial effect on players values and the risk elements that come with having shares in those players? This is the only thing I’m struggling to get my head around as it’s one of the biggest things that effects all traders and while there are many positives about this great platform, this is an issue they’re creating which I can’t understand and the only thing which stops them having the stability that WILL interest more and more big traders.

I don’t want this to turn into another thread of going loggerheads at each other. I just want to understand the need for matrix changes as I don’t see it when you consider how key they are.

• @Erased-Citizen knowing you've recently changed your port to include media, this is driven your frustration right, fair enough but the media big boys will still be the ones wrote about. When the media changes came in to include all players, everyone panicked as it started to look like lower end were getting a say but actually overtime the big boys still win more than most, albeit the figure might be slightly above the one they stated. Too much change at once can have a negative effect but it's worth noting we knew about these media changes some time ago, let's not pretend we didnt. You bought media players knowing this we just aren't sure how it will change at mo. Everyone is now panicking see "PB or Media" review but there is a survey next week where we have our say and tbf to them they tend to listen from it.

• @Erased-Citizen agreed, be good if FI could say: "ME was a big change and order books will be a big change, but apart from that, the product is pretty fine as it is so we're not gonna change it any time soon."

• @Shippers said in The need for stability:

@Erased-Citizen knowing you've recently changed your port to include media, this is driven your frustration right, fair enough but the media big boys will still be the ones wrote about. When the media changes came in to include all players, everyone panicked as it started to look like lower end were getting a say but actually overtime the big boys still win more than most, albeit the figure might be slightly above the one they stated. Too much change at once can have a negative effect but it's worth noting we knew about these media changes some time ago, let's not pretend we didnt. You bought media players knowing this we just aren't sure how it will change at mo. Everyone is now panicking see "PB or Media" review but there is a survey next week where we have our say and tbf to them they tend to listen from it.

I wasn’t aware they were going to review the media until last night and I’m still lost as to why they need to keep reviewing the PB/MB. Why the need to review every 12 months? Why not just set it and leave it? I just don’t understand it.

• @Erased-Citizen the MB review has been on the cards for months we’ve had two email surveys about it.

• @Erased-Citizen said in The need for stability:

@Shippers said in The need for stability:

@Erased-Citizen knowing you've recently changed your port to include media, this is driven your frustration right, fair enough but the media big boys will still be the ones wrote about. When the media changes came in to include all players, everyone panicked as it started to look like lower end were getting a say but actually overtime the big boys still win more than most, albeit the figure might be slightly above the one they stated. Too much change at once can have a negative effect but it's worth noting we knew about these media changes some time ago, let's not pretend we didnt. You bought media players knowing this we just aren't sure how it will change at mo. Everyone is now panicking see "PB or Media" review but there is a survey next week where we have our say and tbf to them they tend to listen from it.

I wasn’t aware they were going to review the media until last night and I’m still lost as to why they need to keep reviewing the PB/MB. Why the need to review every 12 months? Why not just set it and leave it? I just don’t understand it.

I can see the argument for them keeping the metrics stable but in terms of the Dividends associated with PB/MB it is quite correct that they should review this every 12 months and for it to be linked with player prices otherwise we well be back to the situation we were at last year where traders were complaining about the pitiful dividends on offer in relation to player prices at the top end.

• @Erased-Citizen as @Sav2000 pointed out we've completed two surveys on it so any changes being made are following these surveys more than anything. When did you join, I feel like you've been here through at least one of the surveys? The PB review was something that we all know "may" happen but doesnt mean anything will change. I assume questions will be put our way in the survey regarding it.

• One last thing I'll say, however, is I think the big changes have happened, and any future changes will be largely inconsequential so I don't think there's too much to worry about going forwards at least.

• @Sav2000 said in The need for stability:

@Erased-Citizen the MB review has been on the cards for months we’ve had two email surveys about it.

I’ve not had an email or a survey but I have only been on here for four months. Four months that have been very unstable with Covid and changes to the platform.

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in The need for stability:

One last thing I'll say, however, is I think the big changes have happened, and any future changes will be largely inconsequential so I don't think there's too much to worry about going forwards at least.

Let’s hope so as that’s all I’m after and I’m sure that’s what any new investors are after.

• @Erased-Citizen but you just said order books were a good thing 😅. Plus I'm not sure they could of done much about Covid

• @Advinculas-Index said in The need for stability:

@Erased-Citizen said in The need for stability:

@Shippers said in The need for stability:

I can see the argument for them keeping the metrics stable but in terms of the Dividends associated with PB/MB it is quite correct that they should review this every 12 months and for it to be linked with player prices otherwise we well be back to the situation we were at last year where traders were complaining about the pitiful dividends on offer in relation to player prices at the top end.

This is the second time I’ve read this view on two different threads. So basically those with long term ports are at high risk from change every twelve months. So you’re better off setting a port and players up for twelve months under the current matrix systems and then selling up at the end of those twelve months and building a new port again in line with the new matrixes; if they change as a result of the annual review?

• @Shippers said in The need for stability:

@Erased-Citizen but you just said order books were a good thing 😅. Plus I'm not sure they could of done much about Covid

They are a good thing, I didn’t say they weren’t. Likewise what they did during Covid was the correct action and saved all our ports and the platform. My only issue as stated in my original post is the obsession with changing the matrixes every twelve months and trying to understand why they need to as I don’t see why?

• It’s not an obsession, it’s a financial need.
    The worst trader for FI is the one that buys lots of shares, and under a feeling of stability, doesn’t trade. Those players get massive rewards in terms of dividends and pay back nothing in terms of commissions. You understand that this is not sustainable

• @Erased-Citizen there have been two in the last 4 months

this is a thread about the second one

@Erased-Citizen there have been two in the last 4 months

link text

Can you show proof of this as I genuinely have had no emails (email is ticked under my profile), no surveys and I’ve not seen any mention of a survey or article about a survey on the platform news or their twitter page?

• @Erased-Citizen proof is above buddy

• @NewUser455434 said in The need for stability:

It’s not an obsession, it’s a financial need.
    The worst trader for FI is the one that buys lots of shares, and under a feeling of stability, doesn’t trade. Those players get massive rewards in terms of dividends and pay back nothing in terms of commissions. You understand that this is not sustainable

So they want instability and want us to sell up and change our ports every twelve months? Can’t see that attracting big investors but it certainly gets rid of the need for 3yr expiry dates.

@Erased-Citizen proof is above buddy

That must have been just before I joined, hence him saying “last month” and the post is 3 months old. Not sure how to find out the exact time I joined without trawling back through transaction history but I can honestly tell you I’ve never had an email or survey about changes. In fact I very rarely get emails from FI.

• @Erased-Citizen

your first ever post

You’ve been here whilst it was discussed