This popped up on my screen today.

• Football Index is a real money virtual stockmarket licensed and regulated by the Jersey Gambling Commission and the UK Gambling Commission. This is a betting platform and should not be viewed as an investment vehicle.

I wonder what prompted it being put there?

• they need to delete the stockmarket bit pronto

• Yea I saw that before mate and wondered if it was new

0_1591183414864_Screenshot_2020-06-03-10-28-46-1.png

• @Westy why do you say that? Surely calling it a virtual stockmarket is perfectly ok?

• Yep, I noticed it from yesterday. It's a legal thing. AC mentioned legalities in opening up in foreign territories, which is more complex.

• clarity

• @Black-wolf im just still in a bad mood about rules changing or being threatened or hinted at changing..in the stockmarket you dont have these variables.

• @Westy of course they do, things change all the time trust me. Most changes will need shareholder approval at an Annual General Meeting or General Meeting but usually will see it over the line more times than not regardless how happy holders are. Id say we get more of a say than shareholders do who actually have rights. Companies can go bust as well, I've seen companies price go from £2 say to nothing in 3 months and shareholder lose everything. I appreciate peoples frustrations but when you take the above into account, plus other stuff like dividends yields, things aren't that bad here 😉.

• @Black-wolf said in This popped up on my screen today.:

@Westy why do you say that? Surely calling it a virtual stockmarket is perfectly ok?

Its not a stock market in any form though.

When you buy a share in a company on the stock market, you technically become a partial owner in that company (this is subject to huge amounts of company low and in reality you don't own any of the company in any truly meaningful sense, but fundamentally you are legally a partial owner).

None of us own a partial stake in Neymar or Pogba, so to label it as a virtual stockmarket whilst using real money is misleading. Index doesn't fit perfectly but much less misleading than stockmarket.

• @Shippers said in This popped up on my screen today.:

@Westy of course they do, things change all the time trust me. Most changes will need shareholder approval at an Annual General Meeting or General Meeting but usually will see it over the line more times than not regardless how happy holders are. Id say we get more of a say than shareholders do who actually have rights. Companies can go bust as well, I've seen companies price go from £2 say to nothing in 3 months and shareholder lose everything. I appreciate peoples frustrations but when you take the above into account, plus other stuff like dividends yields, things aren't that bad here 😉.

but the rules of the market dont change or the measures by which you judge companies by? companies are the equivalent to players on here- and yes loads of variables in investing in a company and a player- thats fine, thats the risk vs reward...the stockmarket doesnt interfere with how you measure a purchase?

• At least we dont have to pay tax.....

• @Westy the market interface doesnt change no but then it's been around years and years, I wouldnt say the market drives the investment. This is football and we knew the index would adopt changes and we have to adapt with them, it's not like people havent been chasing for Order Books, an overhaul in media. PB reviews seem like they may come every 12 months maybe but should that implement change everytime, I doubt it.

• @Shippers said in This popped up on my screen today.:

@Westy of course they do, things change all the time trust me. Most changes will need shareholder approval at an Annual General Meeting or General Meeting but usually will see it over the line more times than not regardless how happy holders are. Id say we get more of a say than shareholders do who actually have rights. Companies can go bust as well, I've seen companies price go from £2 say to nothing in 3 months and shareholder lose everything. I appreciate peoples frustrations but when you take the above into account, plus other stuff like dividends yields, things aren't that bad here 😉.

Apples and oranges. Companies die, the stock market does not. Us users are bearing the risk of player price movement and, even more importantly, the existential health of Football Index.

• @Rocky-Raccoon thats why it says virtual stockmarket . I suppose the could change it to the virtual football player exchange but i personally feel virtual stock market is more appropriate

• @Advinculas-Index You don't pay tax in a stocks and shares ISA either

• @StevieP said in This popped up on my screen today.:

@Advinculas-Index You don't pay tax in a stocks and shares ISA either

Always trust in the Horse

• @StevieP said in This popped up on my screen today.:

@Advinculas-Index You don't pay tax in a stocks and shares ISA either

This is true as long as it is not over £20k per year.