How has the ME changed your portfolio?

• My portfolio has went from 12 players with between 300 to 100 shares in each to 48 players and 17 outstanding bids with the majority of holds at 50 and 25 shares per player. I still have a few at 300 shares but my portfolio has definitely stretched and thinned out.

Anyone else going this way or have you reduced players and increased the shares per player?

• ME has brought about a good £700 increase in Port Value - but actually to get that value - I never would as very few people market buy anymore so actually my port is maybe £1k less in value than advertised.

So for me - its poooooo - but I don't use this as a trading/betting tool, so maybe I have the wrong mindset?

That said, every player I have been buying since its started have been around 12p a share lower than market buy and they are bought with the euro and world cups in mind.

So - no affect for me, but I just don't really know what its worth anymore.

• @Black-wolf said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

My portfolio has went from 12 players with between 300 to 100 shares in each to 48 players and 17 outstanding bids with the majority of holds at 50 and 25 shares per player. I still have a few at 300 shares but my portfolio has definitely stretched and thinned out.

Anyone else going this way or have you reduced players and increased the shares per player?

I’ve reduced players and increased shares. Gone from a 30+ port with most having 25-40 shares to a 20 port (looking to reduce to 15) with some having 40-75 and some 100+ shares. I’ve also gone from having none of the top 20 to four or five.

However I’ve currently put a freeze on my port and purchases after last night. As it looks like I may have to change from being a long term trader in my purchases outside those top 20 players.

My current port has also gone down 4% since ME.

• Nope - I currently have 21 players with a minimum hold of 100 and that hasn't changed. I haven't used ME yet. I'm not planning to until the full OB has arrived.

• I have only bought Theo Hernandez, long term hold, and Ighalo as a quick flip since ME. Have used it to top up a few of my holds and to IS a few cheaper players when their IS gets close to market price.
    Not really changed my strategy, yet. Hold a diverse 27 player port across all leagues, youth, PB, MB with an eye on Euros and beyond.

• I have 25 shares in 15 players, about half of the very big guns and half steady £2 players. I see these as MB/PB earners plus CA with platform growth. No trading, just sell in three years.

I then am committing to buying 100 shares each in sub £1 players.

Using ME I have however upped some shares to totals of 125. There was just great opportunity to snap up players and lower average cost. I have far too many players in my port so will continue to trade/condense over time. There are so many value players out there though. In time I’ll prob have 50 players not 100 but having learned from mistakes, commit to buying 150 of each if I make the progress that I hope to.

Why anybody is choosing not to use the Matching Engine to buy players they believe in at a cheaper price is beyond me!

• @Millerman said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

very few people market buy anymore

I just couldnt scroll past this. The ticker is flying, spikes are massive. Those very few people doing all the market buying must have some fuckin huge and unbelievably diverse portfolios.

It seems like its fashionable to just slate the product and the management at the minute. People are queueing up to spread panic and doom, and some of them, not necessarily Miller, but others, I'm sure think they're doing it in ways that are ever so subtle, but simply put, they need to work on their subtlety.

The Footie has been up every day and up BIG. If very few ppl are market buying then how come players previous peaks are being smashed? How come the blindingly obvious BL trend happened, and happened big? How come the blindingly obvious EPL trend happened and is happening big? How come the most blindingly obvious Serie A players are starting to move?

Take Dybala, about the time of the ME he was sat at almost his all time peak of about £3.54. The only time he came close to that was in about August, so unless people think theres been a sell queue on him for 10 months, then his subsequent rise off the back of ME has been solely market buys, with no de listing. Hes up 40p since ME, with an average buy price of £3.75, and probably a minimum 700 delta. So theres a net 105k gone into him in 10 days or so, but yeh, very few ppl are market buying.

Anyway, I digress. How come the blindingly obvious la liga trend is starting?

How come youth players with thus far limited playing time are blowing previous peaks out of the water? Ya know, Foden, Greenwood, Saka, Martinelli, Elliott, Tonali, Kulusevski, Zaniolo, Camavinga, Almada? It's not unlisting. It's not ME? So it must be market buying. And why these players in particular? As well as the likes of Sancho, Rash and Mbappe being at all time highs? Then there's TAA, EBH, Havertz, Odegaard, Ferran Torres who have all hit all time highs recently.

These few market buying, super diverse whales seem to have great faith in the product. Hmmm. I think I'll go with them rather than a dozen or less naysayers on the forum.

I wonder what the other 600,000+ users who have obviously had absolutely no part in all these rises recently think 🤔

• I’m in the process of reducing the number of players I hold and increasing the number of shares per player to at least 100. The thinking here is that it’s much more difficult to benefit from compound interest through reinvestment of dividends when you only hold 20-30 of a player. I’m doing this by market selling players in the top 200 which I have smaller holdings (only those which I’m in profit on) in and using the proceeds to top up on lower priced holds through the ME.

Contrary to the current premium holds trend, my portfolio is becoming more heavily weighted towards the < £1.50 range. There’s just way too much value there to pass up and as a long term trader I feel there’s a real oppertunity to benefit from the current short term attitude of many traders jumping on the latest trend, especially while there is zero commision on ME purchases.

I’ve deposited an additional (roughly) 20% of my portfolio value since ME and my port is up around 3% in this period so happy enough.

Liquidity would certainly be an issue should I want to withdraw at short notice and my port is undoubtedly worth less than face value at today’s date, however there’s no circumstances where I’d need to do so. I haven’t gambled more than I can afford so while I have a decent amount in FI, if the whole lot disapeared in the morning it would be a significant annoyance rather than a financial disaster which would affect my day to day life. Therefore I’m happy to play the long game knowing every player in my port will have multiple exit points.l, whether that be tomorrow or in 2 years.

• @MickTurbo said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

@Millerman said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

I just couldnt scroll past this. The ticker is flying, spikes are massive. Those very few people doing all the market buying must have some fuckin huge and unbelievably diverse portfolios.

It seems like its fashionable to just slate the product and the management at the minute. People are queueing up to spread panic and doom, and some of them, not necessarily Miller, but others, I'm sure think they're doing it in ways that are ever so subtle, but simply put, they need to work on their subtlety.

The Footie has been up every day and up BIG. If very few ppl are market buying then how come players previous peaks are being smashed? How come the blindingly obvious BL trend happened, and happened big? How come the blindingly obvious EPL trend happened and is happening big? How come the most blindingly obvious Serie A players are starting to move?

Take Dybala, about the time of the ME he was sat at almost his all time peak of about £3.54. The only time he came close to that was in about August, so unless people think theres been a sell queue on him for 10 months, then his subsequent rise off the back of ME has been solely market buys, with no de listing. Hes up 40p since ME, with an average buy price of £3.75, and probably a minimum 700 delta. So theres 105k gone into him in 10 days or so, but yeh, very few ppl are market buying.

How come youth players with thus far limited playing time are blowing previous peaks out of the water? Ya know, Foden, Greenwood, Saka, Martinelli, Elliott, Tonali, Kulusevski, Zaniolo, Camavinga, Almada? It's not unlisting. It's not ME? So it must be market buying. And why these players in particular? As well as the likes of Sancho, Rash and Mbappe being at all time highs? Then there's TAA, EBH, Havertz, Odegaard, Ferran Torres who have all hit all time highs recently.

These few market buying, super diverse whales seem to have great faith in the product. Hmmm. I think I'll go with them rather than a dozen or less naysayers on the forum.

I wonder what the other 600,000+ users who have obviously had absolutely no part in all these rises recently think 🤔

And this is what I mean by my mindset - I don't think for a long time I have slagged this product off. I just can't get my head round my port value and how its worth what it is when its not.......?????

Your right with the facts, you can't argue with them - its just I can't get my nogging round it.

All I know is this place is much better than a bookies and or a savings account.

I dunno what i'm trying to say!!!!

Your right though.....(and i don't mean that in an arsey way).

• @MickTurbo said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

@Millerman said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

Take Dybala, about the time of the ME he was sat at almost his all time peak of about £3.54. The only time he came close to that was in about August, so unless people think theres been a sell queue on him for 10 months, then his subsequent rise off the back of ME has been solely market buys, with no de listing. Hes up 40p since ME, with an average buy price of £3.75, and probably a minimum 700 delta. So theres a net 105k gone into him in 10 days or so, but yeh, very few ppl are market buying.

Let’s hope the introduction of the sell side of ME has the same effect on Market Sell. If so then it’s been a successful implementation 👍🏼

• The tight spread the matching engine is providing on premium players is excellent and has enabled me to sell up 5 of my 50 players (comprising around 30% of my total portfolio value) quickly and at somewhere close to full market price.

The downside is the other 45 players, who are all mid-priced or cheap players, which I'm obviously going to have to hold until the market improves or they become more popular with traders / matching engine users. I have several decent 30p-40p players where the current highest bid is an insulting amount like 10p. No way am I selling for anywhere close to that amount. I'd rather hold for another year or two and see how the market changes and develops.

• @Millerman the good traders will match buy where sensible/feasible, and market sell when theres an opportunity AND when it suits, not just willy nilly because a player they hold is spiking.

But good traders will also market buy where match buying is impractical. For example, last wknd Havertz was rocketing, and some pillock but a bid up that was equal to his market buy price.

Another example, this morning sancho was £14.05 to buy, but there was a £14 bid in. I mean what the fuck is the point in that?

In demand players will be market bought. If you've bought a player (not u personally) that wont be in demand at any point in a 3 year period, then simply put, you've bought a dud. You've backed a 3 legged horse, and you're not gonna win the bet.

This isnt a food bank

• @MikeWagner This looks very similar to my current approach. Good to know I'm not the only one with this sort of strategy.

• My port looks about the same in terms of number of players held, only difference is I've been able to massively reduce the average buy price on a lot of my holds that sit between the £1-£2 mark. All it takes is a bit of patience and you can pick up some major bargains.

I did a bit of an experiment buying extra Skov shares during a match day where it was clear he wouldn't be winning PB, managed to pick some up from about 20p cheaper than his current buy price, I then flipped them later in the week and made a tidy profit. They were very easy to move even though Bundesliga is no longer flavor of the month. Because this was such a success, I've put aside a portion of my portfolio balance for flipping like this. I sold some Bruno shares and have been using that money to pick up cheap bargains using the ME. It's free money from impulsive traders straight into my balance.

Apart from that it's been business as usual and my port is up about 5% since ME was implemented.

• @Black-wolf

My port is down to 28 players and I will make it smaller.
    I played the sub £1 section in and out of the 20p,40p etc threads, trying to get to grips with the index and make some money.
    More futures for less.

With the fear of bottom end being a race to the bottom , I've sold what I could and will keep players with crazy spreads as its transfer time in a few weeks anyway.

I've now swapped to Less futures for more.

With the ME i was able to sell obviously at a loss but I was also able to buy cheaper futures in the other players so it was a win win/ loss loss depending on how you view it. I'm -£68 from maybe's into the should be risers.👍

I've got half a port with my old strategy and half with my new one. I only need 4/5 players to rise to get me on track.
    It'll be better when OB is finished with the sell side so you can exchange straight away instead of waiting, otherwise Market sell moves up and you miss out.
    Overall its making me learn to be more risky than I would , which isn't a bad thing 😎🍻

• The biggest change has been in my cash balance; I used to try & keep 1 -2% available to react to opportunities, it is now rarely above £1, which is currently frustrating FI in their attempt to reclaim the mis allocated dividends! I will now set reasonable ME bids on players who I would normally market buy & just park any extra funds in low ball bids. This is a win/win as any accepted prove great value & they can of course be cancelled immediately should a short term opportunity present itself.

• Our portfolio has diversified, where I could sell I have, with what I could sell I've purchased a couple of Media friendly players, with the rest I've gone Spanish, Italian and even longer term French as their are some real bargains to be had.

I still have the same number of players but I have found myself looking for little spikes to sell and move on players that I've bought, continually turning over between 10% and 20%, in some case buying again and repeating the process, just adding more shares each time with the profit. I am checking though several times a day just looking for those spikes, my portfolio is about 3% healthier but with the spreads I'm probably a couple of % down but definetely healthier.

Can i ask a general question, for those using ME, what kind of ratio are you having between placing bids and having them accepted.

• @Gresty said in How has the ME changed your portfolio?:

what kind of ratio are you having between placing bids and having them accepted.

Entirely dependent on the popularity of the player & how much discount you want; 20% on Sancho or Bruno - impossible but 50%+ on many squad players is available, just often in small numbers but patience is the key. I try & avoid chasing the price upwards unless you have a specific reason for a quick deal, such as gameday IPD's, & if I reach the level I'm happy to pay & still no luck just cancel & move onto someone else - just so many potential bargains & so little cash to cover them all with!

• @MickTurbo yeah there’s definitely folk market buying plenty including myself. My portfolio is at an all time high and growing by 1% or more per day, i havent seen growth like this since the share split

Its interesting to see folk going for bigger holds in less players i had assumed more would have taken the same route as myself due to large holds potentially being harder to sell on. Its ggod to see people still have varied ways they want to trade.

• @Black-wolf personally nowts changed for me in the sense that I just trade the trends. I think the ME is a useful tool for loading up very cheaply on trends that may be a little further off, whilst I would generally be market buying my Serie A/ La Liga players at present as I did yesterday, buying 800 el haddadi and 200 ocampos direct from FI, whilst also getting bids matched on a non PB player over the course of the day who may be a gold mine in a couple of months time. Had the ME been brought out earlier I'd of probably been ME buying la liga and Serie A players in early April whilst market buying my BL holds. The penny will drop mate