Foden or Greenwood?

• Foden or Greenwood?

Which would you buy?

• Greenwood but that's purely cause I'm a United fan. I wouldn't put you off either to be honest

• @Brad I've got an equal number of each, but way more confident in Greengoat.

• @Jimbob confident in the long term I presume? Can’t see greenwood getting too much game time especially if Sancho transfers

• Neither short term but both have potential long term to be stars. I feel at present their prices already include the expectation people have of them and if they don’t hit the ground running when given more match time, you could see a dip before they pick up again.

Just my opinion though.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Foden or Greenwood?:

Neither short term but both have potential long term to be stars. I feel at present their prices already include the expectation people have of them and if they don’t hit the ground running when given more match time, you could see a dip before they pick up again.

Just my opinion though.

I'd be interested to see what would happen to Foden's price if City signed a midfielder in the summer to replace Silva, not saying it'll happen but you wouldn't put it past Pep. Both are getting the price where they need to play regularly (maybe Mason less so due the United bias on here)

• @ChazFI123 said in Foden or Greenwood?:

@Erased-Citizen said in Foden or Greenwood?:

Neither short term but both have potential long term to be stars. I feel at present their prices already include the expectation people have of them and if they don’t hit the ground running when given more match time, you could see a dip before they pick up again.

Just my opinion though.

I'd be interested to see what would happen to Foden's price if City signed a midfielder in the summer to replace Silva, not saying it'll happen but you wouldn't put it past Pep. Both are getting the price where they need to play regularly (maybe Mason less so due the United bias on here)

You really couldn’t blame a very patient Foden for fucking off to another club then, if that happened.

• @Erased-Citizen I saw this season Sancho has more goals and assists than Foden has PL appearances

• @ChazFI123 said in Foden or Greenwood?:

@Erased-Citizen I saw this season Sancho has more goals and assists than Foden has PL appearances

It’s a shame that so many young players feel they have to leave this country to get game time and a chance. However, we are seeing that change slightly with a newer generation of managers such as what Lampard is doing. Probably because he realises you need that chance at a young age.

• Can't buy either now mate until we know whats happening with the PB matrix - being named a substitute might score -10 in the new version, we just.....don't....know. ANYTHING is possible 😐

yes I'm being cnty but this is the fault of Adam Cole.

• @Brad he played nearly twice as many minutes as Foden last/this season according to transfermarkt, and given that Igahlo is staying on rather than bringing in a big name, I'd guess his progress will continue nicely. There's a suggestion that he has bulked up during this time off, which did wonders for the likes of Rashford and Ronaldo when they both came back from summer breaks as men rather than boys. The United factor means more media div's too. Plus United will take citehs champions league spot assuming the ban is upheld, not that Foden gets many champions league games. Myself, and I'm sure others, only signed up here in the first place to invest in the future of Greengoat, not sure if Foden has that same pull. Not knocking Foden, as I said, I hold a lot of shares in him too, but so much more going on for Mason. The Sancho concerns were discussed a week or so back I think, I reckon it's a good thing myself. People who haven't seen much of Greengoat play but have heard about his talent may not have been as blown away by him on the wing, despite (I think) 12 goals in his debut season. If his main position is going to be a 9 or 10, he'll get more goals as it is what he does best. If in any doubt, always better to split the money between the two of course, either could break a leg etc.

• Foden is my biggest hold as of a week or so ago. I've said plenty of times what I think of him so wont go over old ground.

If I'd had the cash I'd have also gone big on Greenwood there and then but I didnt so had to choose. Whilst for me there was only gonna be one winner, I do think that in all probability Greenwood will make a lot of people a lot of money and I'm probably gonna get on board at another stage hopefully in the not too distant future.

• @ScouseSte said in Foden or Greenwood?:

Can't buy either now mate until we know whats happening with the PB matrix - being named a substitute might score -10 in the new version, we just.....don't....know. ANYTHING is possible 😐

yes I'm being cnty but this is the fault of Adam Cole.

The 1st 4 words of your final paragraph was the only helpful part.....

• I’ve bought a small amount of Greenwood who is far removed from my primarily sub £1 approach however I have a handful of the big guns. Those big guns are almost exclusively Man Utd players because having been on the Index three months I’ve witnessed the media monopoly first hand (Look at today’s rankings). Foden can be special but the Man Utd factor has tempted me to buy a young English star in Greenwood.

• @Brad I’d say Greenwood personally. A lot closer to first team football than Foden.
    If Pep trusted Foden he would already have a lot more minutes under his belt in the league than he has. People might say he’ll get more game time once Silva leaves, but you’d be naive in thinking he’d be able to just slot into Silva’s role. He would’ve played a lot more already if that was the case.

Bear in mind I’m a Utd fan, but I think what I’ve said isn’t bias and has some thought behind it.

• Foden for me easily .
    Reckon he has shown more to this point and less risk.
    Greenwood to me is still raw... massive potential but nothing guaranteed espicially as a number 9.
    Can see foden for years being a stand out for city and easily getting in the England mix next season.
    Where does greenwood get minutes for England from sancho Kane sterling rashford . He might eventually force his way in but don’t think he is the cert that others predict.
    Be interesting to watch though .

• I firmly believe in 10 years time we will be looking at these two players and how important they’ve been for club and country! Think they both have massive futures

• This is an excellent question. I hold them both and find it hard to choose between them I think i would stick with foden just because i am unclear what sort of forward greenwood will become. Of course greenwood being a forward has a smaller pool to conpete against. Hmmm

• Greenwood all day long.

• Greenwood has done well for a struggling side without ripping up any trees and foden with a little game time hasn’t looked out of place in a great side. I’ll be making foden my biggest hold because if he gets plenty more game time I think he walks into that England midfield which means euros and World Cup on the horizon as for greenwood he’s already got a mountain to climb to get ahead of any of England front 3/4( Kane Sterling rashford Sancho ) so can’t see him the England squad just yet.