Advice Please

• Hi All,

I have £1,000 in savings which I’m using to go abroad with at the end of August this year. That in mind, I am tempted to input some, if not all of it into FI to try and add a couple hundred on top.

After the Werner news today I am considering opting for a big investment in him. What are people’s opinions? Would the fact that there is likely to be no football between end of July-August impact how much potential there is to make some money? I have only been on FI for a few weeks so still learning the ropes.

Thanks!

• If i was working with a thousand and based on your parameters
    i would be looking to spread it around on 4 or 5 cheaper players (but ones with intrinsic value) maybe in the £2 to £3 bracket, you'll be spreading the risk then

Also consider the fact that in August the CL will probably be the main focus so perhaps look at players likely to feature in that.

• Werner is fine but I wouldn't put it all in one player

Someone like Rashford seems like a safe bet as well and maybe some youth like Foden, Greenwood, Martineli, Curtis Jones albeit some of these have had significant rises so bear that in mind

• @NewUser319260 come August would you be in desperate need to get that money out? If so I would suggest considering not investing as you will end up maybe taking a price that could be better in a month, two or even 5 after that or even selling at a loss. If not, then as @Advinculas-Index advice is probably the right way to go

• @Shippers thanks for the advice. My plan would have been to withdraw at least the majority of that initial deposit as that would be the money I’m banking on to go abroad with. Maybe it is a bit risky. I like the idea mentioned above about spreading it over 4/5 players..

• If using the money to go abroad, I wouldn’t place it in FI - only use what you can afford to lose or potentially have to leave in for a longer period (ie 3 years). Returns aren’t guaranteed nor is it a good idea to have a defined exit timeline.

Sounds a bit preachy but wouldn’t want you not to go abroad (if any of us can then!) if you are stuck with a hold you can’t exit.

• @Gazza said in Advice Please:

If using the money to go abroad, I wouldn’t place it in FI - only use what you can afford to lose or potentially have to leave in for a longer period (ie 3 years). Returns aren’t guaranteed nor is it a good idea to have a defined exit timeline.

Sounds a bit preachy but wouldn’t want you not to go abroad (if any of us can then!) if you are stuck with a hold you can’t exit.

I agree, I personally wouldn’t invest money that you need in only a couple months time, it wasn’t so long ago that it was thread after thread of people having money trapped in this platform cause they couldn’t sell anyone, this isn’t guaranteed money and to be honest you’d probably start getting the hang of FI just as you’re planning on exiting

• Yeah I would keep your money away from FI just incase you pick the wrong players or they go out of form. Go away spend nothing and then come back with some change and chuck it in FI.

• I'm only new as well but I suspect a broken leg or few a people signing new contracts and not moving you could have bugger all to go abroad with?!?!?

• I wouldn't put that much money in if you need to take it back out again quickly, play about with the ME with a couple of hundred and maybe build from there?