Thoughts on Marcos Alonso

• So what is everyone's thoughts on this guy?

As a defender when playing under Sarri etc at Chelsea the number of goals he got as a defender was immense. However it seems obvious that Lampard does not fancy him.

Do they sell him, does he want a move to protect his chances in the Spanish team for the Euros??

• Underpriced. Forced his way into Chelsea team pre lockdown and was getting good scores. Would probably do even better somewhere if he moves and is guaranteed starts.

• Priced about right, maybe slightly overpriced. He's 29 and a defender. There are only 2 defender is his age group or older that are priced higher in Sergio Ramos and Alex Sandro. Technically Timm Klose but that is because he got IPO'd at a disgusting price and has risen only a penny on that. Even then there is only a 10p difference between Alonso and the top so it is difficult to see how far he can climb. He also hasn't delivered a penny in dividends this season.I see absolute best base scenario is him getting just above a quid if he starts delivering massive divs, which might need a transfer. But even then take one of the best older defenders for dividends this season in Chris Smalling. He has delivered 16p in divs yet only 61p.

I would be extremely surprised if Alonso ever hit a quid from now on, and more likely to gradually decline.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor smalling was a one of I don’t think he’s exactly a div machine😂. I don’t hold but with a good move he could double imo. At least 50% as he’s a goal scoring wing back and if played regularly they don’t do too bad on the matrix. Ramos has been as high as 1.40 this season. You wouldn’t expect the older div earners to be highly priced while there is no footie. Pretty sure he scored high enough to win divs on a gold day and got out scored with a plus 200 maybe a 190

• @Jdog smalling or alonso?

• @Jdog said in Thoughts on Marcos Alonso:

@Dr-Jan-Itor smalling was a one of I don’t think he’s exactly a div machine😂. I don’t hold but with a good move he could double imo. At least 50% as he’s a goal scoring wing back and if played regularly they don’t do too bad on the matrix. Ramos has been as high as 1.40 this season. You wouldn’t expect the older div earners to be highly priced while there is no footie. Pretty sure he scored high enough to win divs on a gold day and got out scored with a plus 200 maybe a 190

I think you are going to have to do a bit better than that... You are saying he would hit 1.68 if he doubled, higher than Ramos who has media about him and takes penalties. If you are gonna say he is gonna be 70% higher than the current most expensive defender in his age group, then it seriously needs to be backed. Alonso has delivered 10p worth of dividends over the last 2 seasons. To put that into perspective, the following defenders have delivered 8p or more just this season and are all cheaper than him
    Chris Smalling
    Cristian Ansaldi
    Fernando Marcal
    Aleksandar Kolarov
    Patrick van Aanholt
    Sebastien Corchia
    Diego Godin

I seriously think Alonso would be a poor investment right now. You may make a little bit of money if he hits form. But with so much of the Index growing, there are safer places to put your money,

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Ramos is 33 or 34 not 29. Also, he hasn’t played much this season and fell out of favour. Ramos was not 1.40 due to media at all it was due to his pb. Plus alonso is rumoured to go to inter where he would play wing back in a dominant side. I didn’t quite realise his price tbf but I reckon I could defo get him on a bid less than 80p tbh. I could see him maybe 1.20 with a really good transfer like inter but who knows. Stalling isn’t regularly in contention for pb he had a one off pb win. U can’t say this player has earnt more in divs so he is a better player for pb. Who is better player for pb serge gnabry whose won 15p or smallish whose won 16. I think I know who is more likely to win pb and it’s not smalling