Footy index scout and Port

• Hi

Hoping someone can give me a heads up on a couple of things.........

Firstly, I have tried to sign up to the free footy index scout membership but for some reason it won't send an activation email to verify my account. I have tried this with two separate emails and neither have had an email from them. I have contacted them but no reply yet. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, Im becoming a little concerned about my port and how much its dropped. I have put most of my savings in this around 650 (not a lot I know). My two biggest holds Tim Kleindienst and Robert Skov are down significantly and have lost me around 15 quid each. (Again, won't seem a lot to most on here but overall I'm down around 40 altogether in a port that didn't really hold a huge value in the first place). There are a few German based players in it, so I imagine its due to other leagues starting and investors are focusing more on PM and Spanish league players? I imagine Skov will rise again especially nearer the euros (providing he doesn't get injured). However, Kleindienst I have a feeling will just drop and drop. I think the instant sell option would be over 20p lower than what I bought him for so overall I would lose around 90 quid on him if i did that. Feel a bit trapped with him. Not ideal. Is he worth holding onto? Not sure.

I know a lot of people say to ride out dips but its a tricky one.

Thanks folks

• @SJH101 Skov is a definite hold, he’s back playing as a forward ( winger ) recently but classed as defender now on FI.
    Always likely to pick up assists or goals so you can likely sell on a spike further down the line if you still wish to do so.

Can’t help with Tim Kleindiest as I know next to nothing about him

• Kleindienst is a 2nd division player... surely the only reason to buy him is a gamble on him either getting promoted or getting a transfer? I’d suggest staying patient and waiting to see what happens when this season comes to a close.

• @SJH101

Hey mate, welcome to the platform.

Don't apologise for what you see as a lack of investment compared to others. It is all relative and only gamble what you can afford to lose.

At present, the platform is going through a period of major transition. The impact of Covid19 could never have been foreseen. Those in charge have done fantastically well to navigate through some extremely choppy waters.

You probably won't see much daylight until all leagues are back up and running, but trust me, once this platform is back to normal, you will become an addict, just like the rest of us!! 🤣

Once stability returns to the platform, I'm sure all areas of your portfolio will pick up.

Oh and just wait til Bobby Skov takes the next penalty for Hoffenheim 😉🤐🤑

• I knew nothing about Tim Kleindiest but having seen his stats in Bundesliga II, I can see why you invested in him. 12 Goals, 4 assists in 22 games, fwd aged 24. You are either going to make a tidy profit if he get his chance in a big league or you'll keep losing money as he gets older. That's the bet you made. One I would have made if I knew about him tbf. If you cash him in now, you don't see that bet out to the end. It's one of those, that once you have found him and invested you have to let it run it's course. if you ever do get cold feet, at least wait until the start of next season. Sell now and you're selling when a lot of money is moving away from Germany anyway.

If you do decide to sell up. Let me know. I have no spare cash atm, but will happily take some shares off your hands at better than IS price if that helps.

• @FootyIndexScout dunno how active he is but i think this is the guy that runs the site ?

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Footy index scout and Port:

I knew nothing about Tim Kleindiest but having seen his stats in Bundesliga II, I can see why you invested in him. 12 Goals, 4 assists in 22 games, fwd aged 24. You are either going to make a tidy profit if he get his chance in a big league or you'll keep losing money as he gets older. That's the bet you made. One I would have made if I knew about him tbf. If you cash him in now, you don't see that bet out to the end. It's one of those, that once you have found him and invested you have to let it run it's course. if you ever do get cold feet, at least wait until the start of next season. Sell now and you're selling when a lot of money is moving away from Germany anyway.

If you do decide to sell up. Let me know. I have no spare cash atm, but will happily take some shares off your hands at better than IS price if that helps.

I’ve been trying to sell him for weeks as he’s done sweet FA since the return and burned any chance of a move to a PB league.

• @SJH101 said in Footy index scout and Port:

Firstly, I have tried to sign up to the free footy index scout membership but for some reason it won't send an activation email to verify my account. I have tried this with two separate emails and neither have had an email from them. I have contacted them but no reply yet. Anyone else had this issue?

I didn't get this issue when I signed up a couple of years ago. Have you checked your scam/junk inbox? Sometimes emails you are expecting that don't arrive have been moved there by your email provider.

• @SJH101 it’s going to be a few weeks/months until you get a feel for how FI works. So don’t beat yourself up if your running a few losses. Keep learning, researching and gradually your hard work will reflect in profit. Your bound to have a few trades in the red to start with- we all did 😎

• @Erased-Citizen said in Footy index scout and Port:

@Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Footy index scout and Port:

I knew nothing about Tim Kleindiest but having seen his stats in Bundesliga II, I can see why you invested in him. 12 Goals, 4 assists in 22 games, fwd aged 24. You are either going to make a tidy profit if he get his chance in a big league or you'll keep losing money as he gets older. That's the bet you made. One I would have made if I knew about him tbf. If you cash him in now, you don't see that bet out to the end. It's one of those, that once you have found him and invested you have to let it run it's course. if you ever do get cold feet, at least wait until the start of next season. Sell now and you're selling when a lot of money is moving away from Germany anyway.

I’ve been trying to sell him for weeks as he’s done sweet FA since the return and burned any chance of a move to a PB league.

You’re really selling him to me 😂

• @SJH101 said in Footy index scout and Port:

Hi, I just wanted to check that this was fixed for you yesterday and you received our email reply letting you know?

• Hi

Thanks for the responses. Yeah very excited. I have been on here previously but sold my shares and left for a while due to other financial commitments. I will hold and see what happens. thanks again. looking forward to hopefully making a bit of cash.

• @FootyIndexScout Hi, thanks for responding. Just checked and still no sign of email. Checked junk/spam etc. Should I try again with a different email? Thanks

• @SJH101
    As coincidence goes I hold both your germans.
    Enough said about skov and I think he defo a good hold once over the bump of all Germans being more or less on a downward slide at moment.
    I have held Tim for a good while and have nearly a 100 percent paper return on him. He still has a chance of outright promotion and I wouldn’t rule out a transfer either . If u urgently want out let me know and i can take the shares at a fair price . I have a lot already and plan on riding it out for a while yet with mr klein

• @BMCG @SJH101 I would do much the same and would be happy to buy into him. I have a number and think this could be a decent investment for the future - today he was on target twice in a 4-1 win and they are really pushing for a play off - my advice is stick with him or sell him to me

• @SJH101 try not to worry. All my BL players spiked and have now regressed. Some are definite long holds but there are definitely a couple I'm kicking my self for not cashing in on at peak prices. Skov I dont hold but didnf he start o the bench the other night or something? That's enough for a lot of people to start listing for. The BL trend has more or less ran its course for the time being, such is the nature of the index, but itll come back around as their new season w0ill presumably be the first to start, meaning probably a repeat performance of last months spikes. Just a trend mate, you'll come to recognize and even predict them. You'll be fine

• @BMCG said in Footy index scout and Port:

@SJH101
    As coincidence goes I hold both your germans.
    Enough said about skov and I think he defo a good hold once over the bump of all Germans being more or less on a downward slide at moment.
    I have held Tim for a good while and have nearly a 100 percent paper return on him. He still has a chance of outright promotion and I wouldn’t rule out a transfer either . If u urgently want out let me know and i can take the shares at a fair price . I have a lot already and plan on riding it out for a while yet with mr klein

not sure on Skov. If he gets reclassified (which he should) is he really a £2 midfielder?

• @chaps1988 I think he has been as high as 2.07 so there is some hope of movement. Would think it will depend on how Hoffenheim finish and his form going into the Bundesliga starting again and potential Euro's. The classification of a player has always raised questions for me especially when it comes to Divs . He is currently classed as a defender on FI and I don't think it would make much difference him moving to midfield or should I say I don't see how it would make much difference - Ive never really understood it.

• @Gary-T Far more midfielders to compete with where generally a higher score is needed to win positional PB. Whereas defenders less competition and lower score required to win. If he stays as a defender he's tremendous value when playing as an attacking player and when you look at competing players' price, but to be honest if he isnt reclassified it'll be a joke.

• @chaps1988 Pretty sure he was only recently re-classed to a defender.