Vote for change ✊

• 0_1591540074435_vote-change-poster-concept-66985859.jpg

A PB matrix review looms large on the horizon, people are running for cover & battening down the hatches, "fire in the hole" - it's Football Index Armageddon.

Some loonatic screams "The end is nigh" - with his acrimonious scouse drawl.....

0_1591540031184_Screenshot_20200607-152610.png

But is it? 🤔

This week, we the users get the chance to be a voice that is heard - a voice that can be used for good, one that shapes the platform & product for the better going forward.

A chance to readdress the imbalances.

Do we want to see a full back priced higher than a 20 goal a season England captain & world cup golden boot winner?

Is this the look we are looking to create for the product?

"What's your football knowledge worth" is the slogan used - well it's worth absolutely nothing as a new user if you don't understand all the quirky intrinsics of the current matrix it seems. 😐

So why does Reece James (£3.56) cost more than Tammy Abraham (£2.75) - or absolutely any other Chelsea player for that matter? 🤔

Why does Alfonso Davies (£4.44) cost more than Coutinho (£3.07) Kingsley Coman (£2.32) or Robert Lewandowski? (£2.25) 🤔

Why does Trent Alexander-Arnold (£9.59) cost nearly 3 times as much as Mo Salah? (£3.61)

The answer? 🤔

Crosses!

0_1591543198735_drac.jpg

(Dracula - one of many not happy with the current PB matrix)

0_1591543622866_Screenshot_20200602-223453.png

By hook or by crook we have become the "crossing" index - and it's a flaw in the system, a cheat code if you will.

+3 points for an attempted cross - for a mere attempt.

That's right, you heard me right - an attempt!! 😲

It could hit the first defender & go completely out of play 🙈 not to worry it's +3 points "banked."

This is ludicrous & should definitely be changed when we get chance to go to the ballot box.

Next up, on my personal hit-list - goalscorers

These are the most important men in the sport, the guys who traditionally command the "world record" transfer fees throughout history.

0_1591544360956_Screenshot_20200607-163901.png

They stick it in the back of the net - goals ultimately win games ⚽⚽⚽ they are the most important currency of football.

We have players priced such as:- (age in brackets)

• Lukaku £2.02 (27)
    • Aubameyang £1.99 (30)
    • Immobile £1.96 (30)
    • Jimenez £1.81 (29)
    • Icardi £1.54 (27)
    • Aguero £1.46 (32)
    • Vardy £1.23 (33)
    • Ings £1.21 (27)

Goalscorers everyone of them - virtually rendered worthless in Football Index terms. 😐

Some may say a few on the above list are a little long in the tooth, but Lautaro Martinez is 22 years old & only costs £3.71, Moussa Dembele is 23 & costs £2.94 & Anthony Martial is 24, has 11 goals in 23 premier league games costs just £2.52. Likewise, Sadio Mane has been in the form of his life for the past 2 seasons & only aged 28 yet costs just £2.94.

Each player I've name-checked would command a hefty transfer fee in the real world, but on the current PB Matrix they will probably need a brace or a hat-trick to even begin to be competitive.

Goals need to be weighted more according.

• 45 points for one goal (current matrix score)
    • 55 points for the second goal
    • 70 points for a hat-trick or each goal thereafter

It would make the index easier to understand for new users & align player prices to real world values.

Right, I'm now off to buy some strikers while they are still cheap. 😂

Let's make our voice heard when we get a unique chance to help shape a potentially great product going forwards - What do we all think?

0_1591545462825_images.jpeg

• 0_1591545582090_Screenshot_20200607-091046.png

• By Vote for Change, you mean Vote for @Ericali early retirement? 😁😁😁

• @Ericali I agree but it's easy to forget that every time a striker puts it into row Z he also gets 3 points for a 'shot'.

I'm just making the point that it's not easy to find the perfect balance

• @MickTurbo said in Vote for change ✊:

@Ericali I agree but it's easy to forget that every time a striker puts it into row Z he also gets 3 points for a 'shot'.

But so does every other player on the pitch. 👍

You have to buy a ticket if you want to win a raffle.

If it's in relation to crosses (which I suspect it is) you can shoot from every angle of the pitch whereas crosses predominantly come from wide areas (FBs & wingers)

• In my bestest Scouse drawl, GO FOR IT! 👍🏻

I want every one of you to vote for all those changes you require and I hope every single one of them gets implemented for you all 👍🏻

And I hope, whatever changes are made, remain in a fixed state for 2 seasons at least. But it's seems the general consensus want to go through this palarva every 12 months.
    Changing the conditions of our 3 year bets and making it harder to win. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

It's like William Hill taking your money for an each way bet in a 5 horse race and then, just before it starts, adding 3 or 4 more runners to the lineup, yet still only paying out on the first two places. Whist some of us rightly kick off at the changes to our bets, the majority of you are saying "oh but it's much better to watch a race with 8 runners than 5 so I'm happy if they do that. The poor bookie has to make money too" 🙈

• Fred has made a change, in fact a complete transformation as i went to buy him

0_1591546973863_771A1FD6-3EA5-4ADF-9CBC-3321CCD8CD03.jpeg

• If my bets are fundamentally changed, I will be withdrawing all my funds. We get reminded every day to be responsible gamblers. Time for FI to show they are a responsible gambling company.

• @MickTurbo said in Vote for change ✊:

@Ericali I agree but it's easy to forget that every time a striker puts it into row Z he also gets 3 points for a 'shot'.

Mick you can pick numerous holes in this argument of Erics mate.

Half the players he has listed are nearer to retirement than anything! That's probably more a reason they are cheap on the index and nothing to do with the matrix.

So many factors go into a players price and the matrix is not as significant as he thinks.

Without doubt, AGE is the most important factor, because unlike shares in a big company, the assets we are investing in only have a limited shelf life.

• Not my aim to pick holes, I want the matrix to be balanced, just showing crosses aren't the only flaw

• @Ericali said in Vote for change ✊:

Do we want to see a full back priced higher than a 20+ goal a season England captain & WC golden boot winner?

Is this a good look for the product?

Next up - goalscorers

These are the most important men in the sport, the guys who command the "world record" transfer fees throughout history

Why shouldn't TAA be higher priced than Kane? Already one of the best full-backs to grace the Premier League with the potential to become a once in a generation talent. Some people think he could even blossom further if he moves to midfield. As for Kane, he's had an outstanding career so far but now gets injured for a few weeks once or twice every season. Some people think that while still very good, he may already be past his best.

With regards to world record transfers, you make a valid case. Interestingly though, if you look at the British record transfer holders of the last thirty years, there are as many midfielders in there as strikers and even a defender in Rio Ferdinand. So why shouldn't FI reflect that somewhat, especially until it expands beyond being an essentially British and Irish product?

• Whole sale changes can't be made, a few tweaks yes.
    Obviously if your a short term opportunist trader like Ericali it benefits traders like this for things to constantly change, they dont want prices to keep increasing based on stability such as TAA because they get left behind as they are not putting money in for the longterm. These types keep big cash balances so the money isn't in the market. If we are all forced to adopt this strategy capp app will be dead as money wont stay in the market long enough.

Those like me leave there money in longterm holds which is what underpins the value of players rather than soft money.

I didn't put 70k in to a carefully constructed port for the longterm as the share/bet is valid for 3 years to have the goal posts moved constantly.

There needs to be a balance to allow all strategies to thrive based on small carefully thought out changes to achieve the best possible product but also with a level of stability to keep traders for the longterm. There meant to be attracting the big fish and weather we like it or not thats what we need for the platform to be massive. What Shark is going to stick 100k+ into something with no stability?
    That is all

• Get rid of GWG for start.
    Goals, Assist and Clean Sheets should be worth more on the matrix. But I hope its not too drastic as it could ruin peoples portfolios.

• @Ericali said in Vote for change ✊:

@MickTurbo said in Vote for change ✊:

But so does every other player on the pitch. 👍

You have to buy a ticket if you want to win a raffle.

If it's in relation to crosses (which I suspect it is) you can shoot from every angle of the pitch whereas crosses predominantly come from wide areas (FBs & wingers)

Wait, let me get this right...

You're saying any player can shoot from any angle on the pitch (and any distance) and it doesn't matter how far off target the shot goes, and for this they earn three points?

Yet crosses usually only come in from wide areas and usually it's only from a certain type of player, full back and winger, and yet this should not earn three points?

Eric, well done mate, you've identified another flaw ... SHOTS are clearly too heavily weighted. Noted down for the survey. Cheers

• @Splurger_Dan completely agree. I (almost) don't care how often they change the matrix, or what changes they make, but what I do care about massively is not having things change significantly all in one go. I think most people would agree the current PB matrix is a bit flawed, but it doesn't need a sledgehammer taken to it; a few simple amendments should smooth things over a bit.

The obvious thing is indeed not rewarding the accurate crosses as much as they do and I would apply the same principle to not rewarding wayward shots the same too. Happy for a brace or a hat-trick to be more generously rewarded too.

• @ScouseSte
    Id say shots on target would be a more worthy consideration

• Another one that may go is Corner Won. A player may put in a bad cross that a Def sends to corner and our guy gets 8 points (cross + corner won)?

However I agree they cannot move the goalpost all of a sudden to a striker market, if they are making changes they will make minor ones (I hope)

• @Advinculas-Index said in Vote for change ✊:

@ScouseSte
    Id say shots on target would be a more worthy consideration

I agree mate but in reality I don't care if it stays the same or if it changes dramatically. I just want to know that whatever does or doesn't happen, it won't be a case of going through all this shit again in 12 months time. It's just not on mate.

• @ScouseSte that's why I'll be selling up if they keep changing our bets. We need to know what we are betting on. They say it's a 3 year bet yet change the terms far more frequently than that.

• @Hotspur said in Vote for change ✊:

@ScouseSte that's why I'll be selling up if they keep changing our bets. We need to know what we are betting on. They say it's a 3 year bet yet change the terms far more frequently than that.

You need to get with the times mate! Did you not know it's fashionable now to encourage FI to interfere and reduce the chances of your bet winning? Yes, it's the new craze, everybody is talking about it.
    That making money and investing malarkey is sooooooo last year mate! It's all about giving FI commission as often as possible now, and don't dare speak out about it or you'll receive personal attacks from traders trying to discredit you