Why is selling so tedious?

• I’ve been trying to sell my shares since Friday morning and they are just not selling. It’s so boring as I want to free up some capital to invest in other players without having to instant sell.

I have shares in Werner, Ampadu, Tonali, Longstaff, Garcia, Sow etc. No one is buying:

I’m relatively new. Anything I’m missing?

• @NewUser319260 what price do you want for ampadu and how many u have?

• @NewUser319260 have you set a reserve when selling?

• @NewUser319260 said in Why is selling so tedious?:

No one is buying:

You answered the question yourself right there

• Werner, Tonali, Garcia will go in max 3-4 days. I have my doubts that you can shift Ampadu and the others in less than 2 weeks is no event driving buy orders (goals, starting XI, transfers). Ppl are now buying in-demand players

• @NewUser319260

Who are you trying to sell mate?

You realise that in order for your sale to go through, there needs to be a buyer at the other end? Another human trader willing to purchase the item which you wish to sell.

With that in mind, then ask yourself the question ... why would someone else want to buy something I wish to disregard?

When players are in demand, the sale can go through in a matter of minutes. When the player is not 'soup of the day' instant sell provides the opportunity to exit the trade at a reasonable price.

• @NewUser319260 It's a buyer's market at the minute. I've sold a decent number of shares this weekend at market value. They do sell. It's going to be better for selling once sell orders come in. It's on the FI road map and hopefully it won't be too far away.

• @NewUser319260 The trick is trying to sell as the player us rising, you may end up selling a few pence under the peak but if make the funds work elsewhere it is worth it.

• @Dan-w Yes, this I know.

• @NewUser319260 said in Why is selling so tedious?:

I’ve been trying to sell my shares since Friday morning and they are just not selling. It’s so boring as I want to free up some capital to invest in other players without having to instant sell.

I have shares in Werner, Ampadu, Tonali, Longstaff, Garcia, Sow etc. No one is buying:

I’m relatively new. Anything I’m missing?

I’ve had players listed for weeks and their IS isn’t worth taking the hit on (20p or more loss on each share). The sooner the sell side is added to the ME the better. I’m hoping that will help as if not that will be the end for purchasing lower priced players (certainly for me anyway) as even if they have potential the risk will be too big.

• @Dan-w I only have 1. What do you mean? How can I sell
    Him directly to you and how?

• @Dalian-Smith said in Why is selling so tedious?:

@NewUser319260 It's a buyer's market at the minute. I've sold a decent number of shares this weekend at market value. They do sell. It's going to be better for selling once sell orders come in. It's on the FI road map and hopefully it won't be too far away.

This. Everyone is trying to get a bargain at the moment so not many buys are going through at full price, especially for players further down the price list.

This market needs sell orders to get the lower end moving a bit faster.

• what do you mean by sell order? Cheers

• @trig said in Why is selling so tedious?:

what do you mean by sell order? Cheers

Have you read that thread I gave you yet mate?? 🤣😉

A sell order is the next step that will be implemented by the football index on the journey towards full order books.

A sell order will allow sellers to set the exact price which they wish to sell at.

• I did read it but must have missed that bit ahahaha.........

Thats what I thought it mean but cheers anyway

• Don't worry guys! im selling Kroos from march ! 50 shares only ! can anyone top him up ? la liga starting tommorow haha

but jokes aside.... cant even look at this guy anymore...

• @Dalian-Smith said in Why is selling so tedious?:

@NewUser319260 It's a buyer's market at the minute. I've sold a decent number of shares this weekend at market value. They do sell. It's going to be better for selling once sell orders come in. It's on the FI road map and hopefully it won't be too far away.

People are hoping for a lot from sell orders.

I don't see it making that much difference to the lower end. You still need a buyer and a lot of these guys are basically bad bets.

How much of a discount are people going to offer that is going to persuade people who aren't even putting in a bid now to buy.