Deposit Bonus

• When do traders think the next deposit bonus will be and is it worth waiting for while the market is rising rapidly at this point in time ?

• @NewUser157192 said in Deposit Bonus:

When do traders think the next deposit bonus will be and is it worth waiting for while the market is rising rapidly at this point in time ?

Haha are you on the same platform as us mate?

Things aren't great!? 🤣

0_1591624043976_Screenshot_20200608-144612_WhatsApp.jpg

• Absolutely flying the last few months with live premiership football on the horizon got a few more K to chuck in !!

When do traders think the next deposit bonus will be and is it worth waiting for while the market is rising rapidly at this point in time ?

0_1591625089505_upload-f9f48833-7f79-4d4c-b2e8-0f4b74b529f6

The market is flat at the moment. There's hardly any trading. The small figure on the right of the Footie shows how low the trading is. Yes, it could be worse and be a minus (negative) figure. I'm doing very well compared to where I was before the last DD, but not every trader is in this position.

When do traders think the next deposit bonus will be and is it worth waiting for

Highly likely to be 3rd week in Sept, to celebrate FI's anniversary (Birthday Bonus 21st Sept 2018, 24th Sept 2019). Whether it's worth waiting for, rather depends on if you believe you can get a 10-15% rise or better on any money deposited now against waiting 3 months?

• Understand what your saying been on the platform a couple of years myself.Plenty of liquidity at the top end of the market and is where I'm thinking to top up I realise the lower end is a bit slow at the minute but that will change.

• @NewUser159387 thanks for the reply I thought it was a straight forward question cheers for your opinion on the bonus making about 10% so will see if that continues for the time being good luck.

• @johnboywalker same platform probably different strategies onwards and upwards

@johnboywalker same platform probably different strategies onwards and upwards

I'm doing alright mate. My port is fairly stagnant.

I was referring to the fact that on several threads across the forum and other social media platforms, users are unhappy with recent changes and many are being very vocal about either leaving the Index or planning an exit.

Following the global pandemic that absolutely butchered the financial markets and the worlds economy, I can't see a deposit bonus happening anytime soon. 👍

• As someone said on another thread, deposit bonuses are long gone. I’m sure any bonus they offer will stick to the “net trades” formula they have used recently. Deposit bonuses were too easy to take advantage of!

I’d be very interested to see FI’s analysis on the costs and benefits of trading bonuses. While they must pay out millions, there is no doubt they stimulate the market and generate huge trading activity. I would guess a large proportion of bonus payments immediately get reinvested too.

If the business case stacks up as I suspect then I certainly hope we will see one in the summer to keep money in the platform for the (admittedly short) period of no football between seasons.