IPO Preview - 9th June

• FI are once again testing the water with a left field choice...

Footballer Team Price Range Time Range
    Mislav Orsic Dinamo Zagreb £1.35 – £1.65 13:00 – 14:00

Truth be told I can't be bothered bringing out my usually table for this one.

Initial thoughts on this IPO - it's obviously another test of tech for Football Index. Also worth noting the release window has now moved down to an hour, it has been 2 previously. Lets get to the player.

I usually pride myself of at least knowing most of the IPOs that enter the platform from outside the top 5 PB Leagues... after all they are usually involved in some sort of transfer speculation, are a key player for a Europa team or a highly rated youth prospect. I had never, however, heard of Mislav Orcic. And he's 27. His career has taken him from Croatia to Italy, back to Croatia (different team), to South Korea, then onto China, then back to South Korea (different team), and now back to Croatia where he is playing for his 3rd different team. A versatile player, who can operate on either wing or through the middle, its in Europe where he has made his mark. 3 goals in the Europa league last season were followed by 4 in 6 Champions league matches including a hat trick against Atalanta. Linked heavily with West Brom in the January transfer window but they seemed to have cooled their interest now. 3 caps for Croatia, all in 2019.

Once again FI IPO a left field player at a very hefty price. I know this is to test the system, but at some point they are going to have to test it where some decent volume of trading is expected.

Other interesting thing to note with the ME coming in - IPO start price has been viewed as a safety net on player prices - e.g. if someone IPO'd at 80p they were never going to dip significantly below that. Now that doesnt exist, IPOs who came in with a hefty price could be a very bad investment - just something to note.

Happy Trading.

• Haha. How do FI see this as a test where there’ll be so little demand?

• I don't see the point of adding someone where there will no money going in. If it is to test the system, surely they can do that internally in the test environment of the Index. You would think they want to add someone who can stretch the system a little bit, but not break it. Someone like Antonio Marin from the same club would have been far better choice (hint hint to anyone from FI reading, please IPO him before it is too late and he is well known...)

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

Completely agree. Part of my job is IT releases and you do load test etc. in the test system, its not like they are trialling a new IPO system.

• Am I the only one who has got no notification for this IPO? I've logged out and back in and checked app and browser and nothing.
    Not that I'm interested in this one!

• @Splurger_Dan

I have 2 questions about this post

1. Are you a Timelord?
    2. If @Johnnyboywalker doesn't make this statement in 29 days will the Matrix break?

0_1591634902809_upload-fa5697c3-fe5a-4d20-8ad3-c546ce976e30

• @Advinculas-Index said in IPO Preview - 9th June:

@Splurger_Dan

I have 2 questions about this post

1. Are you a Timelord?
    2. If @Johnnyboywalker doesn't make this statement in 29 days will the Matrix break?

0_1591634902809_upload-fa5697c3-fe5a-4d20-8ad3-c546ce976e30

check you out knowing what month of the year we are in😂.
    It's been a long lock down🤪!