D Parejo

• What are your thoughts on Parejo of Valencia. Has fallen in price.in recent months but a proven PB player. I just looked at valencia remaining fixtures and they are very favourable.

• He will always be in with a shout of PB divs but you need to think about exit. Think he's 31 so you won't have people chewing your arm off to buy him if his performance dips.
    I bought him earlier this year, when I thought he had bottomed out.....but had more to go. Spread is pretty low now so there's some confidence at his current price point.

• @TotalPunt

He is at the oeak of his career playing as well as ever. I see no reason why he wont co tinue at the moment .. at least one more season. . and the PB scores he gets his price will not remain the same .. well i dont think so anyway.. . Lets see : )

• @TotalPunt said in D Parejo:

Spread is pretty low now so there's some confidence at his current price point.

Is a low spread not indicative of high confidence and demand?

• @MI25 Decent price. People are scared of older players at the moment but it WILL change by September at the very latest.

• @MickTurbo Yes, that is what my clumsy words were saying 🤓

• I think there are many better places to put your money. There also worse places, but many better.

In his favour he has returned 27p of dividends this season which is not to be sniffed at.

But you can't shake off the fact that he is 31. For players that are 31 or older, he is already the FOURTH most expensive behind Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandowsi. It is hard to see where he makes any cap appreciation going forward. If he was 25 this scenario would be okay. You could watch his price stablise whilst taking in the dividends. But at 31 his price is going to slowly depreciate the older he gets. Which means your dividends are only trying to play catch up to the money you have lost.

The only way I could see if you making a decent profit here is hoping he lands a couple of monster dividend payouts consecutively, which would see a decent rise and you could sell off that.

• He's returned 27p divis so far this season but I bought him at 105p & sold at 185p, having seen him drop back from over £3, just after the PB player price rises last Oct/Nov, I'm happy with the trade but although he'll compete for PB his age is a worry. With the move towards full order books the market demand will ultimately dictate exit prices & although personally I don't mind older PB players, I'm clearly in a minority.

Anyone over 28/30 seems to be deemed worth less than a 16/17 year old who could conceivably be stacking shelves whilst Parejo is still returning dividends, irrespective of any logical explanation, but it's not possible to fight the market, so I would be avoiding at his current price due to the high risk nature of getting stuck with a depreciating asset. Will he return over 180p in divs over the rest of his career, if not arguably he's over priced.

• Yes, another counter view offered up on twitter the other day below. Classic conundrum about remaining career divs vs price - if you can get out first you're probably ok, but I wouldn't go for Parejo expecting decent CA.... other than a potential one game fomo spike (maybe). Not sure if I would buy again now as market sentiment on age has shifted even more in the past few months + opportunity cost.

0_1591714440605_Screenshot_20200609-155114__01.jpg

• Depends if and when a dividend increase is announced.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

Fair points. Inthink he will mainain his current price at least for mid next season .. amd as you say if he gets losnter PB during this period .. which he is capable of.. then he will rise sharply. Thanks for your advice, appreciated.

• Maybe we will see a change with 3 leagues returning in the next week but 'older' PB winners do not appear to be attracting any new money if the recent events with the Bundesliga are a marker. Kostic, Muller, Arnold (well he looks old) didn't gain any new money after their wins and I don't recall any real CA advances apart from Haaland and Kavertz which were accompanied by transfer spec in reality and the perennial bridesmaid Kimmich who's posted great scores.

Given the other comments on this thread about IS, I don't see how the price will stretch further, good luck though.

• @TotalPunt said in D Parejo:

Yes, another counter view offered up on twitter the other day below. Classic conundrum about remaining career divs vs price - if you can get out first you're probably ok, but I wouldn't go for Parejo expecting decent CA.... other than a potential one game fomo spike (maybe). Not sure if I would buy again now as market sentiment on age has shifted even more in the past few months + opportunity cost.

0_1591714440605_Screenshot_20200609-155114__01.jpg

This guy talks such rubbish! 😂🙈

I don't even own Parejo but that's total 💩

• I think he’s a fantastic PB player and they’re a great run of fixtures, but I’m not convinced I’d be able to sell him afterwards so that puts me off massively

• @Ericali You can argue about the numbers but if you can't sell at the end then there is merit to trying to evaluate a player like this. If you're waiting until he has returned his price in dividends then you will be in trouble, no doubt, but price will start a downward trajectory at some point to reflect his diminishing useful life.

All about timing (and mine sucks a fat one)

• He won't reach his former peak but he should get a decent rise after solid PB scores and the FOMO kicks in. I've noticed a lot of traders are considering him with football returning and his spread is already small, so two good signs for buyers/holders.

It's also worth noting that these solid PB holds usually drop during the summer transfer window. However, seeing as this season will basically be rolling into next season, it shouldn't be as much of a problem for holders.

• Can anyone explain how he got to a peak of £3+? I wasn't on FI then and he seems quite unheralded generally so just interested

• @FootballArgos Came out and won pb a couple times early season, then October dividend increase. Could get there again if there’s a decent increase this year to offset the fact he’s a year older.

• @Timothee-Atouba

Spot on. He will continue to get spikes in his price due to his PB scores. .. i wouldnt be surprised if its in his first game back this friday!

• @Jimbob said in D Parejo:

Depends if and when a dividend increase is announced.

This is exactly it and what people are ignoring is that he is one of the best PB earners on the index and FI have said tiered PB wont happen. So that means if he wins top mid then he is the only player on that day doing so, if he wins regularly and people refuse to buy because of age you could also argue they are foregoing the chance to win those Midfielder dividends.

Put it this way, if Parejo plays for 5 more years but in the next 3 years he wins 4 times as many PB dividends than Havertz, which player would you consider over priced?