Random thought about using player names

• Just seen a couple of buys going through the ticker of TAA and also Andy Robertson.
    Trent is over 4 times more expensive (we know why, let's not go there again!)

I wonder if we will see a case soon where a player objects to being listed on the index? I mean, placing a first goalscorer bet and getting big odds for Robbo to score first is not psychologically damaging, it's accurate 😀.

But as FI becomes more accepted and established within society, there could come a point where your "share price" as a footballer on FI has a significant effect on confidence and even performance on the pitch.

If I was Andy Robertson, I'd be pretty unhappy, even though I know my price is based on my ability to win dividends within the game of football index, and not directly related to my form on the field.

Am I talking shite here or is it a possible thing?

• Ste I will have a pint of what you have been drinking today!!

• @Baydog you will appreciate this one. A fellow flat earther! But probably right... 😂

Who knows Ste... Must be part of their license/regulated 🤷‍♂️ surely haven't got this far without considering image rights etc. Then again... Didn't man utd recently complain about footy manager or something 🤔

• @Fletch said in Random thought about using player names:

Ste I will have a pint of what you have been drinking today!!

OK so I must be talking shit 😂.

I just imagine Robbo watching TV at home and seeing an ad for Ladbrokes "first goalscorer Andy Robertson 33/1" and him laughing thinking that's about right

But then the next ad break seeing an FI ad with the current live prices scrolling on the bottom, the actor saying "check what your favourite players are worth" and seeing Trent at nearly £10 and then himself at £2 or whatever. Devastating

Then imagine in the Liverpool v United game, Rashford playing on the right, keeps coming up to Robbo and getting in his ear "you're only worth £2 on the index lad, you're crap. I'm £8!" 😲

Could play havoc 😂

• @ScouseSte said in Random thought about using player names:

Could play havoc 😂

I'm sure a lot of players are aware of their ratings on FIFA and could say I'm an 88 you're only 79 or whatever but doubt it's really going to have an impact on a professional player's performance.

They've got to have pretty thick skins, there's a lot worse stick they get from the crowd!

• @Snrub

Yea it is a ridiculous thread 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

• you see some in disgust at the way FIFA portrays them, so yes possible!

• @ScouseSte talking shite as usual Ste ;) but please let me continue the shite talk.

Robertson will do a bit of research into the PB matrix, not pass the ball inside to Henderson or Gini all game and instead just cross the fuck out of the ball from anywhere inside the oppositions half. Doesn't matter if 95% of them are a bag of wank. He'll be racking up that score baby!!

End of the game he'll brush past TAA, stick his middle finger up his nose and give it the "have a bit of fucking that Trent you overinflated £9 tossrocket."

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Random thought about using player names:

@ScouseSte talking shite as usual Ste ;) but please let me continue the shite talk.

Robertson will do a bit of research into the PB matrix, not pass the ball inside to Henderson or Gini all game and instead just cross the fuck out of the ball from anywhere inside the oppositions half. Doesn't matter if 95% of them are a bag of wank. He'll be racking up that score baby!!

End of the game he'll brush past TAA, stick his middle finger up his nose and give it the "have a bit of fucking that Trent you overinflated £9 tossrocket."

Haha ALL ABOARD THE ROBERTSON ROCKET 😂😂

• @Vespasian32 said in Random thought about using player names:

@Baydog you will appreciate this one. A fellow flat earther! But probably right... 😂

Who knows Ste... Must be part of their license/regulated 🤷‍♂️ surely haven't got this far without considering image rights etc. Then again... Didn't man utd recently complain about footy manager or something 🤔

Ha! Finally someone asking the right questions! Right, let me put on my foil hat, because they will be listening...
    Ste, I am a worrier of the highest level (I put on my dating profile that I am a warrior of the highest level, and let her quickly realise for herself that it was a typo.)
    When I first started on FI it struck me that there could be copyright infringement. If the company and us as traders are profiting off a players name, then surely they can sue. I think this is why FI is a betting company, and why there is an expiry on the share. If there wasn't then there would be copyright issues...
    Just by way of note, I believe there is a competitor to FI, and I am not sure that their bets expire. Where does that stand them on copyright 😉

• @Baydog don't need to worry about the main current competitor, they are very professional.

Remember when Fi got their bum smacked by ASA for breaking a basic rule? Think the competitor (even though younger) had already blanked out the faces of those type of players. FI should from that point have made sure every legal thing is in place to not get in any trouble again- i am sure they have hence the amount of DD and EDD going round.

Guess they both pay for the rights like Fifa do and Pro evo don't- and Fifa I know involves currency transactions using those rights- sort of gambling.

@Millerman may know a bit more as think hes looked into stuff like this?

• @Westy said in Random thought about using player names:

@Baydog don't need to worry about the main current competitor, they are very professional.

Remember when Fi got their bum smacked by ASA for breaking a basic rule? Think the competitor (even though younger) had already blanked out the faces of those type of players. FI should from that point have made sure every legal thing is in place to not get in any trouble again- i am sure they have hence the amount of DD and EDD going round.

Guess they both pay for the rights like Fifa do and Pro evo don't- and Fifa I know involves currency transactions using those rights- sort of gambling.

@Millerman may know a bit more as think hes looked into stuff like this?

I'm not sure that I share your confidence on that one. I haven't looked into it so I cannot speak with any authority on the matter. FI won't need to worry about rights as it is clearly a bet that expires. They would not be exposed. EA will pay a whole lot of money for rights to use and profit off those players names

• @Westy

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-EA-Sports-pay-FIFA-for-its-license

What I would say, is tread carefully. Find out if they have found a licensing loophole (hard to imagine they have same access to funds as EA.) If they haven't, then it won't be long until EA come knocking on their door

• There are some daft names on here to.Just seen "where did sold go" buy Tolisso 900 shares.I guess for tonites game but he is out with an ankle injury.Doh!

• @osmanlao people have been buying tolisso as hes been linked with United this afternoon.....plus bayern aren't playing tonight

Edit apologies, seen they've got a cup game, so they are playing, just not pb eligible....strange that the fixture didnt show on 1 app I use but did on the other

• @osmanlao It's a cup game tonight so doesn't count for anything

• @Ddr They are playing semi in the DFB pokal live on BT sport.7.45 tonite.

• @osmanlao yeah just edited

• @Ddr Not another Man utd link.

• @osmanlao well we do need to have the full quota of 50 players per day linked with them as per usual