New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB

• After trying to not say anymore on the subject, I have rushed this through to try and beat the survey in case there are any traders sat on the fence or not sure how to vote (if indeed we do get a vote).

I have striven to show both sides, along with my personal stance.

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/foresight-4-to-change-pb-or-to-not-change-pb

If it comes across as me trying to put votes in people's minds it really is not my intention- I actually agree with a lot said in the vote for change camp too...

I am now leaning towards just wanting whatever matrix we get to be one locked in to trade by for a few years. I am happy for the current one to be tweaked if they then lock it in! (Just more happier if its the current one locked in as a years worth of watching players and looking at data wont have been wasted...plus itl save a lot of commission!)

• I'm in your camp.

Key summary for me;

That the pb matrix is fixed is more important to me than how it is defined.

The concept you mention of 'scouting' is salient.. We want to be able to spot something earlier than others and for it to be worthwhile... Not spot a 16 year old who is good at crossing, which next year turns out to be a negative on the pb, so you find someone who makes clearances... Next year thats a negative etc. You need time for your research/scouting to pay off.

With no IS its more difficult and painful than ever to change strategy, so the rules need to be more rigid to negate the need to change so often.

I think, like you, I'm kind of over it whether it changes or not. If they can make it 'better' great... But if it does then become lopsided in favour of cbs or target men or poachers etc... Live with it.

I've taken a lot of money out.. If they come out with a strong statement 'this is the matrix (new or old) for the next 3 years' I would probably reinvest a fair bit. If they don't... I won't.

• Good article mate👌👍

In the interests of fairness, I'd now actually vote for a couple of matrix tweaks in August (lessen crosses to 1pt and a add score accumulator for goals) on the basis that it's then fixed for 2-3 years. That appeases the "crossing matrix" haters and everyone can shut up whinging about it.
    Imagine a period of 2-3 years where the only uncertainties are whether your players perform on the pitch, break into the first team or get that big move from a non pb league etc? Those are all risky enough bets without the added manipulation from annual system tweaks.

Give the "we want the matrix to be as accurate as possible" crowd one last shot at it and then let's get back to playing the game in front of us and placing bets with confidence over the next 2-3 years 👍

• really good article bud. I just think they should lock something in for 3 years, simple and easy.

• @Westy great article mate, I do get both sides of the argument and try to look at it from ours and FIs point of view. Only thing I'll add (even though I actually feel it was a great point) is most people probably wouldn't even look at the matrix when deciding to buy a youngster (of course some will) but most will buy a youngster for hype, FOMO or because they generally believe they will be the next big thing.

• Excellent article and fair set out of both sides of argument.
    One note on the youngsters .. from coaching and watching a player up to at least 20 years old they will with growth have massive changes to their effectiveness and style .
    Take crossing set pieces etc ... in all likelihood they won’t have that string to their bow refined to the point it’s obvious as they won’t have enough experience and opputinity to demonstrate it.
    Take Harvey Elliot at Liverpool .
    I like him cause he is a class act technically.
    He won’t take set pieces for Liverpool instantly but over time he might ... TAA be hard to shift, but I’m backing him as a player first ... his fit to whatever the matrix develops too will only become apparent later ... I thinks it’s fundamentally same for all players in the youth section.
    Back the player to become top level if they succeed they likelihood is they will fit all matrixes if they have a strong personality MB is also a given as their profile grows .

• would have though the survey would be out today...nice quiet day with no fixtures

• @Westy said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

would have though the survey would be out today...nice quiet day with no fixtures

Do you really think there was a survey or even a PB matrix review planned mate??
    Come on! Adam Cole panicked in the Q&A and was backed into a corner and came out with "a review in the summer but nothing might change" to get traders off his case.

They'll be either scrambling to sort a survey out now or possibly leaving it until after Adam has been on the fig podcast (where he might offer a proper answer and maybe even backtrack?)

• @ScouseSte good point!
    Although nearly every answer was 'fill in our survey next week'

• @Westy

Hmm who knows then? 😆

• @ScouseSte said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

Adam has been on the fig podcast (where he might offer a proper answer and maybe even backtrack?)

This is a double edged sword.. On one hand we want some straight answers etc... On the other, if he provides them, it means FIG and his pals would have had inside info for a week... Knowing full well how the market will react I. E. Buy Trent if AC comes out "we judged the reaction and have postponed any changes to next summer on pb"

• @Vespasian32 said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

@ScouseSte said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

Adam has been on the fig podcast (where he might offer a proper answer and maybe even backtrack?)

This is a double edged sword.. On one hand we want some straight answers etc... On the other, if he provides them, it means FIG and his pals would have had inside info for a week... Knowing full well how the market will react I. E. Buy Trent if AC comes out "we judged the reaction and have postponed any changes to next summer on pb"

Yea I do find it odd that FIG basically gets insider information.

• @ScouseSte and because ITS NOT A STOCKMARKET I suspect there is no regulation against it 🤔 🤷‍♂️

• @Vespasian32 said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

@ScouseSte and because ITS NOT A STOCKMARKET I suspect there is no regulation against it 🤔 🤷‍♂️

Yea I mean ideally Adam Cole would have maybe done it live (having received the questions up front).

Once again not really doing himself any favours, opening himself up to criticism and accusations 🙈.

• Excellent article @Westy. Only just got round to reading it as I returned to work today after two weeks off with a screwed up back!

I do see and understand elements on both sides of the argument and uncertainty means trading, which means commission for FI (and they know that). I think some little tweaks would be better made now to give us a matrix that could be locked in longer term but ultimately I’m of the same view of yourself on this issue.

Unfortunately due to the fact that a level of uncertainty means trading and commission, I think FI will stick to annual reviews.

• @Westy said in New article: To help ready your mind for any votes/questions in the survey on PB:

would have though the survey would be out today...nice quiet day with no fixtures

Won’t be out yet as they’ve not made an announcement about an announcement 😂

• so far from around the social, I'm sensing...

Facebook group = tweak it
    Forum = tweak it
    Twitter = keep it
    Reddit = tumbleweed...

but sounds like all traders want the next one locked in. This could now be the key thing, a locked in matrix could really help the index explode as I (starting to look elsewhere for options if it goes sour) and @Vespasian32 etc would happily pile money back in if we could trust its one big variable removed from all the variables to consider in making a trade. I do fear that an annual review would lead to a lot of money being put off.