Pogba

• I’ve been a member for just over a month so very new. Either through luck or good judgement i’ve got off to a good start.

Since reading the news about Pogbas more attacking role I can see him getting lots more media attention. He has PB potential if his mind is on it.

Pogba goes against my normal strategy of long term holds and its a risky investment as it depends on his mindset rather than his ability and his long term future could be anywhere.

I just see him coming back with a point to prove with Fernandes and is unlikely to leave Man Utd anytime soon.

It does make me nervous that if he leaves Man Utd his value will most likely drop so timing is everything on this one and selling could be a nightmare. My plan is to sell fairly quickly and probably before the end of the season.

What are your thoughts?

• I don't think he'll leave this summer now, and I think a lot of people have forgotten how good he can be when his mind is on it.

What I would say is I don't believe the articles about him playing further forward, at the start of the season he played him deeper despite not having any number 10s and having more options at CDM (Matic, Mctominay and Fred). So I can't see why he'd suddenly move Pogba further forward now they've signed a CAM

• There has been a lot of uncertainty with him, been a challenging hold for some during the last couple of years. What is certain is that he's now fit and will be playing a significant role for the end of the season with all of the associated media that goes with him. He looks ridiculously underpriced when looking at where other players are now and will offer opportunities to exit at a profit anyway during the next few months regardless of his future IMO.

• I think the fear of him leaving this season is minimal. The only issue I see over the next month or so is the severe lack of media days were going to have :(

• I'd be surprised to see him deployed personally. His own preference has always been deeper in CM and I think he can be more effectively there. Vice Versa for Bruno- two people who are quite comfortable in their current roles- would be weird to displace them both.

• On the left of a 3 in mf is where he will play, (i hope/if they have any sense) with license to get forward. Anything but him in a two in MF where he is a liability and does nothing for FI.

• @Chap I personally think this is a bit of a myth in terms of he's a defensive liability. He's started 6 games in a midfield 2 this season and United have conceded more than one goal once. Pogba might play best in a midfield 3 but United are now at a stage where they don't have to solely rely on Pogba for creativity, they now have Bruno. So they don't just need to play to Pogba's strengths anymore, and changing the role that Bruno had before the break would be worse for the team IMO to play Pogba in a position he's slightly better at. What I have said though is dependent on the who they are playing

• I’ve been saying since he came to the EPL, I don’t think he’s a player who’s style fits with the EPL (too high tempoed at times) and when you add that into his unstable temperament, he’s a risky hold on here in my opinion.

I think you’ll see him shine for half a dozen games then it will be back to injury knocks and the usual smoke and mirrors about wanting a move one day and then wanting to stay the next.

I think Fred showed signs of improving with each game before Covid and Bruno hit the ground running and looks like the type of player United should be shaping their rebuilding project around. I think top of Uniteds list will be another midfielder to join Bruno, Fred, McTominay, James, etc and once that signing is landed (probably next season), Pogba will be on his way.

I’ve always thought he’d be a great FI hold as he’s a PB/MB magnet but his career has become so erratic. If he moved abroad and media was opened up some more then I’d seriously be looking at him as a hold.

• @Erased-Citizen I've been thinking about this a lot when I've been building my fantasy team this week, and I'm really not sure who I would drop for Pogba in the sense that the balance the midfield had before the break was pretty perfect. Fred has been player of the season for United or if not then right up there. Midfield is all about balance and Liverpool have the perfect balance for what they want, whereas bringing Pogba in seems to shift United's balance massively, which is strange cause on ability he's comfortably the best. Pogba at PSG is the absolute dream in an FI sense I think

• @ChazFI123 said in Pogba:

@Erased-Citizen I've been thinking about this a lot when I've been building my fantasy team this week, and I'm really not sure who I would drop for Pogba in the sense that the balance the midfield had before the break was pretty perfect. Fred has been player of the season for United or if not then right up there. Midfield is all about balance and Liverpool have the perfect balance for what they want, whereas bringing Pogba in seems to shift United's balance massively, which is strange cause on ability he's comfortably the best. Pogba at PSG is the absolute dream in an FI sense I think

I don’t doubt his ability, I think it’s just a simple case that he doesn’t fit at United and doesn’t fit with the EPL style and tempo of play.

A move to PSG would see plenty of rocket emojis!

• @ChazFI123 Pogba will start, I think that's a certainty. Fred's become a consistent performer but at the end of the day, he's not the same level of player. I get the 'midfield balance' argument too but I bet if Klopp had Pogba, he'd start him!

• .....Rashford....Martial
    ...............pogba
    .......... Fred.......bruno
    ...........mctominay

For me you have to change the system, a diamond can only fit bruno/pog/Fred in as you need a proper defender like matic or mctominay.
    Bruno needs to dictate the game so plays as an 8.

However Ole could start with the same team that started last few games and that would mean Pog on the bench.

• @Tom77 I’m not too sure mate. Can see Pogba playing with Mctom/Fred/Matic then Bruno further forward. Up top you’d have Rashford/Martial/Ighalo/James/Sancho.

• @r0ss said in Pogba:

@Tom77 I’m not too sure mate. Can see Pogba playing with Mctom/Fred/Matic then Bruno further forward. Up top you’d have Rashford/Martial/Ighalo/James/Sancho.

Did sancho join Man Utd?

• @Tom77 said in Pogba:

.....Rashford....Martial
    ...............pogba
    ...........mctominay

For me you have to change the system, a diamond can only fit bruno/pog/Fred in as you need a proper defender like matic or mctominay.

However Ole could start with the same team that started last few games and that would mean Pog on the bench.

When you get downvoted for a formation you know the forum is In a state, not long until my last post on here.

• @Tom77 said in Pogba:

@Tom77 said in Pogba:

.....Rashford....Martial
    ...............pogba
    ...........mctominay

When you get downvoted for a formation you know the forum is In a state, not long until my last post on here.

Similar but would like to see poggers up where he played at juve, means rash would have to flitto the right but hopefully they could be fluid across the front 3.

--------pogba---martial---rashford-------
    -------------------Bruno----------------------
    ------------fred--------mctomineyney-----
    ---shaw--------------------wank biscuits--
    -----------Maguire-------Bailly-------------
    -------------------de gea----------------------

• @Dan-w don’t know what Juve team Pogba played left wing in 🤣🤣

0_1591811474777_7BA059D9-C515-4BD9-B52A-B5D9EB22470D.png

• @ChazFI123 yeah he may of started off there at the start of most games but drifted left and was too lazy to get back half of the time. 😂

• gwaan jimmy boy
    *edit, moved him up 3p i think, not sure how many he bought in total

0_1592070683955_Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 18.44.47.png