Goalkeepers

• Not going to go over the 'they need a separate category' subject as weve covered that...

Just wondered how many of us actually hold goalkeepers? I hole one GK that I have high Hope's for and hes my biggest hold (rightly or wrongly).

Is anyone riding it out or taking a risk to see if anything is implemented or would the general feeling be I'm waiting time?

Cheers.

• @NewUser600411 said in Goalkeepers:

Not going to go over the 'they need a separate category' subject as weve covered that...

Just wondered how many of us actually hold goalkeepers? I hole one GK that I have high Hope's for and hes my biggest hold (rightly or wrongly).

Is anyone riding it out or taking a risk to see if anything is implemented or would the general feeling be I'm waiting time?

Cheers.

I bought Dean Henderson towards end of 2019 for about 60p, purely cause he was a Utd keeper that was/is looking to go head to head with De Gea, I didn’t think he was worth much more than that, but I knew that wouldn’t stop him from rising on the index. I managed to get out at around £1.10-£1.15ish, because by that point he was the most expensive keeper on the platform. Now he’s just too overpriced, there’s only so much media he can win.

Every now and again I see Dean Henderson going through the ticker 🤯 With the ME as well it’s insane people still buy him at full price.

I did a similar thing with Onana but not that many shares, and I sold on the back of his links to Chelsea. But I don’t hold any keepers for the long term, I don’t see the value of most of them, and I don’t hold in the hope of something moving forward.

• @NewUser600411 I've held GKs usually during season when I see a good IPD opportunity. In fact Joel Pereira was one of my first buys joining here. Safe to say I dont own him anymore

• @NewUser600411 I bought several in my early days, before I realized everyone seems to hate them! Reckon I've held about 10 and despite the gloom around them, all were sold for a profit, some over 50%, all bar a couple over 20%, so they've done me ok. Don't hold any currently, but I'd buy again if there was a special case. Probably more profitable areas of the market elsewhere though as a generalisation.

• @NewUser600411 said in Goalkeepers:

Not going to go over the 'they need a separate category' subject as weve covered that...

Cheers.

I hold one GK - Donnarumma. It's to balance my port and I'm also hoping that something is done for them to make them more attractive. He's won PB 4 times, so that's rare for a GK.

• I think I hold 4, which is probably more than most. But I also have 250+ players in my port so maybe proportionally similar! I really think it's an area that FI should look at, obvious room for growth. I might keep Onana and Henderson but the other two were IPD ones just before COVID hit...

• My whole portfolio is based around Goalkeepers. The more people talk about their lack of value, the more I'm convinced FI need to do something about it. I've got an average of 600 futures in 95 GKs all playing in PB leagues (With the exception of Onana) who all start for their clubs. Their values are all low and they maintain their value too importantly. When the PB review comes and I anticipate tweaks rather than wholesale changes, I would expect to see Goalkeepers given a far better chance of winning PB. If and when this happens, their value will rise considerably. As it stands the best GK in the world (IMO) is Alisson and he's 88p - surely this doesn't sit right with Adam Cole and the gang that someone so outstanding in their field is dwarfed by players in their 30's outside of PB leagues that nobody has heard of.
    I've held these for about 6 months and kept a really close eye on them and will be keeping even if there aren't changes, because their day will come and I want to be there with them when it does

• @NewUser39386 said in Goalkeepers:

My whole portfolio is based around Goalkeepers. The more people talk about their lack of value, the more I'm convinced FI need to do something about it. I've got an average of 600 futures in 95 GKs all playing in PB leagues

I salute you; I like to invest in the odd GK myself & share your opinion that they are undervalued & will in time get some reward but to take such a completely contrarian trading view to build your entire portfolio around them is definitely worth more than one up vote!

• @Geronimo159387 To be honest it's not the most exciting strategy as there are days with very little movement, no speculation and PBs very few and far between. The only saving grace is their values rarely dip and even the smallest tweak to the PB matrix in their favour could make a huge difference.
    Much of this decision has stemmed from taking screen shots of my portfolio over the years and seen just how much I could have made by playing the long game.
    I hear a lot of talk of Team of the week / month that could happen at some point. FI even sent out a few teams of the week in their weekly emails towards the end of last year which might be a pointer to where they take it. I'm intrigued to see the PB Matrix survey that is due out this week as this will give a bit of a heads up of their thinking at least

• @NewUser39386
    There is a thin line between genius and madness.
    And you've found it 😂

• Cheers guys. I just have a big holding in one GK and I hope it all works out... as I hope it does for everyone

• @NewUser39386 said in Goalkeepers:

My whole portfolio is based around Goalkeepers. The more people talk about their lack of value, the more I'm convinced FI need to do something about it. I've got an average of 600 futures in 95 GKs all playing in PB leagues (With the exception of Onana) who all start for their clubs. Their values are all low and they maintain their value too importantly. When the PB review comes and I anticipate tweaks rather than wholesale changes, I would expect to see Goalkeepers given a far better chance of winning PB. If and when this happens, their value will rise considerably. As it stands the best GK in the world (IMO) is Alisson and he's 88p - surely this doesn't sit right with Adam Cole and the gang that someone so outstanding in their field is dwarfed by players in their 30's outside of PB leagues that nobody has heard of.
    I've held these for about 6 months and kept a really close eye on them and will be keeping even if there aren't changes, because their day will come and I want to be there with them when it does

That is unique. You must have balls! Please change your username, as it lets traders know who they're talking to. Maybe yours should be GK- King!

• @Londoner Cheap-As Keepers?

• Jeepers Keepers?

• @Londoner Done! I think the lack of risk and potential high reward means I'm really confident in what I hold and will be looking at increasing before the end of the season (When I think it will all start to change)

• The Grim Keeper?
    0_1591891361898_images (10).jpeg

• @NewUser600411 I hold Vaclik but that's mainly down to Sevilla playing the only game tonight v Betis and they have had quite a few clean sheets this season. Although admittedly games between these two rivals normally produce goals for both teams.
    It's more of an interest bet I guess and I don't usually hold 'keepers

• Hands Christian Handerson

I've took it too far again haven't I? 😁

• @NewUser600411
    Who is this keeper?

• @dean73 I’ve got a load of vaclik. Used to flip him for ipds. Did alright then bought 600 just before everything stopped and can only sell at a huge loss now. Keeping him in the sell queue for now.