My Brand New Video: The Football Index the game has DEFINITELY changed:

• Just all my views on all the changes that have happened in the last month or so. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-CyWf4--_y8

• @Tom7471 bloody hell thought it was gonna be one of your normal 10 minute jobs!

Will have to skive off work for a little longer on this one! :)

• Excellent again mate.

• I can see the extent of your predicament now. I thought I was a lower end trader but you seriously bought into the lower end. Ouch. Instant sell was never part of my thinking when I invested at the bottom end. I generally invested in younger players I could see offer market appeal throughout a 3 year bet. I always intended to market sell when the time came. But I can sympathize with your suituation. You've traded the way you did because FI had your back with is. I hope FI can bring a resolution to your suituation. It's clearly soured your time on FI which is a shame as you've been a good contributor.

• @Dalian-Smith you think Toms got it bad.. I have 5000 josh Onomah lol. Port shows I'm up £800. Reality is I can sell 237 of the 5000 shares for 27p avg.

I would never buy in volume knowing I had to find a buyer for all those shares. I was always going to IS.

38p or so... Broke leg... Went to 30p...i bought 5000.....fulham look good for promotion... A 21/22 Yr old playmaker who's represented England at every youth level... Yes worth 30p with an IS of 28p (risk 2p for likelihood of him reaching 60p+ and doubling my money)

Now my risk is losing 30p making it an evens bet. If I want an evens bet I don't bet on a championship footballer.. I bet on the pedigree dog in an A1 evening race at Wimbledon.....where the win rate is around 95%.

I'd backed IS to be there a) cos it had been every day since I joined FI b) cos they ceo said it would be..

• @Tom7471 Good video. Haven't watched the second half yet, but wondering...

You said this will suit shorter term trading more. Presumably you don't mean matchday trading, but buying before a rise, monitoring the spreads and then selling at a target price?

It seems most players don't rise during matchdats now under the new/ current system. Players top PB but remain static. I do think FI will address this - increase IPDs?

• @Vespasian32 thanks bud

• @Dalian-Smith yeah for me I only had about £4k in my account when I first started the index and only put £500 in and I knew I was coming in just after the share split and the market was booming but I still couldn't afford to buy the big players. So I just did crazy amounts of research at anyone that was really cheap and went from there. With the instant sell in mind, I could gamble with only a limited amount of risk (even though I lost a decent amount on a few). Even when many were rising I still thought the way to make the most was at the lower end and now instant sell has gone I have had to take a 50% loss on a few players that I have already sold. Not only taking the instant sell is one thing but now people can bid at up to 80% off rather than only 40% at the top end it just gives very little value to my holds.

• @Vespasian32 it's brutal isn't it. I had a lot of shares in Guerrero who I thought was a great buy at 20p with a tiny spread and now I sold the lot at 50% discount which is not great for me. As a gambler I feel a little cheated.

• @Metropolis no I mean, putting in low ball bids when someone has had a bad game and then sell them when they are playing there next game. It might only be 10% trades but it's still something that I think could work.

• @Tom7471 said in My Brand New Video: The Football Index the game has DEFINITELY changed::

@Metropolis no I mean, putting in low ball bids when someone has had a bad game and then sell them when they are playing there next game. It might only be 10% trades but it's still something that I think could work.

Very much cheated.

RE strategy this is exactly how I see it now. Forget having a portfolio... Extort people with low bids and sell a bit higher later. Trade between the spreads with many small gains.

• @Vespasian32 I remember you had some of the Fulham lad. I dabble in the Championship. I'm not a big fan of Onomah but your logic stands up. I'm not sure his ship has sailed quite yet. Some of my non pb players have been soaring of late if they are seen to have longer term pb prospects. Championship starts soon and Fulham are well placed for a return to EPL.

It's a pain netherless. I'm sure you'd rather be doing something else with your Onomah money.

None of us are really immune to the is development. A trade can go south at anytime. It was a good get out of jail card. If I want to go long term now I think I need to become a very dull trader and leave myself less open to risk. The days of having 25% plus of your Portfolio in one bottom end player should be over. We have been protected by is but now things have got real.

• well summed up!

• @Dalian-Smith completely agree. Even the "safe" bets are not safe in my eyes. There are so many risks with footballers and if a player goes massively out of form there price will just nosedive. So to potentially make 25% if he is great but lose a real big chunk if something like an injury, move or loses form isn't worth it in my eyes.

• @Dalian-Smith

For me, the main attraction of the Football Index was the lack of risk, or perceived lack of risk.

I can remember explaining the platform to my missus years ago and attempting to justify my 'crazy' decision to invest a 5 figure sum.

The phrase I kept repeating was 'but I can't lose my entire bet, it's almost impossible to walk away empty handed'.

I can't say that anymore ... 🤔

I know folk will say 'you had it easy for years and should never have reasonably expected this to continue indefinitely'.

Well, whilst I agree with that statement, when the potential rewards no longer far outweigh the obvious risks, the decision to walk away from the platform becomes a real possibility.

Adam Cole will be more than aware of the discontent being displayed by the user base at the minute. When several of the most active users on the Forum are up in arms about an issue, it is usually a good indicator that something has gone wrong or a mistake has been made.

Have faith folks. They have always listened to our concerns before.

Here's hoping they take action to redress the risk/reward balance.

• @Vespasian32 said in My Brand New Video: The Football Index the game has DEFINITELY changed::

@Tom7471 said in My Brand New Video: The Football Index the game has DEFINITELY changed::

@Metropolis no I mean, putting in low ball bids when someone has had a bad game and then sell them when they are playing there next game. It might only be 10% trades but it's still something that I think could work.

Very much cheated.

RE strategy this is exactly how I see it now. Forget having a portfolio... Extort people with low bids and sell a bit higher later. Trade between the spreads with many small gains.

Ive been doing this since the ME launched, when you say small gains it really is though because its only possible to buy and sell in small quantities so you still have to have your longterm holds for dividends or the bigger cap app but trading plYers as they go in and out of favour allows profits to keep creeping up

• @Vespasian32 You could be waiting a while for a punt in a Wimbledon A1 😐

• @johnboywalker good points- they usually do react, just wonder if they can at the moment- but there are things they can do to appease those thinking of walking that don't cost anything initially- e.g. lock in some rules.

If they dont sort a few things out, it puts them up against a lot of competitors. They were able to stick out of the crowd with the long term low risk strategy offer- but if that goes, why risk £14 to try and win pennies? When you could risk £14 and possibly win £70 on a bet elsewhere. Or more directly, spend £14 but own that player til they retire and in the meantime use them in free tournaments to try and win prize money... They need to stay separate to these competitors- only way they do that is reward long term investors.

• @Westy @johnboywalker I wonder this time whether the willing to react is the issue... Or their ability to react appropriately...

He could be thinking slapping a div increase on = all forgiven

But I'll still have my money locked into these players... Theyl have reduced the possible strategies and different ways of enjoying the product.... But without IS... Am I really gona put £50k back into a Bruno or pogba situation... One bad transfer link... Or Bruno not taking pens... Or an injury etc... And you can have huge money locked into players for a very long time.. And as you say, the genuine reality that many will now lose full stake.

Div increase... Great... But lack of IS is the major concern....as you said jbw... Its the way it provided a safety net that made me interested and put significant money in. Now its a gamble.. Don't need a big stake and tbh the rewards on offer don't justify the risk.

• You were warned.
    You were told to diversify your port, because Black Swan events can happen at any time, and even if not for those, players can lose value as easily as they gain it.
    But you decided to go ahead and invest big in just a few players, if i remember your strategy posts from a little while ago.
    Sheer greed and FOMO and now you pay the price.
    If you want to succeed you have to learn how to trade and invest in stocks properly, this is just a market like any other.
    If you cannot listen to good advice when you get it, and trade based on emotion, you will suffer the consequence, sooner or later.
    FI and the market owes you nothing by the way.
    This should act as a lesson to to others. Validating his ego and offering sympathy, and blaming FI will not help.

Changing his thesis of how he trades, if he wants to continue, will.
    I know this post won't win me any popularity, and i will be seen as a mean and cruel person. So be it.