Effect of Man City European Ban Being Upheld

• I guess they'll get off or at least get the two year ban reduced to one year or suspended but if the punishment is upheld, do you expect to see some of their players take a plunge in value? Conversely, would Foden's price rise as a couple perhaps leave for Champions League clubs ensuring he gets more action? Any thoughts?

• @Boris999 said in Effect of Man City European Ban Being Upheld:

I guess they'll get off or at least get the two year ban reduced to one year or suspended but if the punishment is upheld, do you expect to see some of their players take a plunge in value? Conversely, would Foden's price rise as a couple perhaps leave for Champions League clubs ensuring he gets more action? Any thoughts?

It could have the opposite affect in some cases as the likelihood of transfer speculation will increase

Sterling to liverpool anyone?

• @Boris999 I don't think a 1 year ban would make a huge difference but a 2 year ban would mix things up a bit more. Probably would be good for Foden's chances of game time but could see De Bruyne and Sterling wanting to move on. Aguero can't have long left either and it wouldn't make it easy to bring in a top level replacement. A move away from the PL for any of them probably not going to be good for long term prices but could definitely see Sterling benefit from some extra media attention until he either transfers or commits to staying. Can't see it staying a 2 year ban (I do expect a 1 year ban though) so after a bit of media speculation, I'd expect the big guns to all stay.

• @Mintyfresh

It would depends on where they go if they went abroad,
    If, for example Sterling went to RM or Barca , PSG i think it would increase his price as Man City are not exactly a big draw from an MB perspective anyway. Of course if he went to Bayern Munich or even worse Juve/inter then his price would nosedive.

Another factor would be if this would accelerate Pep's departure and where would he go and the speculation to goes with that

• @Advinculas-Index bound to be media initially, but long term will depend where they land as you say. Inclined to think any move out of the PL wouldn't be great though, although a foreign media source or two being added to MB could change my opinion.

Can't see Sterling at Barca and Madrid look pretty set out wide, so not really sure where he would go. PSG will surely need to sell before they go big in the market otherwise won't they breech FFP too? Any other move probably not good for FI. Suspect it'll end up being a 1 year ban and everything carries on as normal though.

• @Mintyfresh
    Most likely

• A lot depends on where Pep stands.