Positions - Mid or Fwd

• Hi guys,

Sure this has been on many of yours minds.

E.g Oyarzabal is classed as a fwd whereas Januzaj who plays on the opposite flank same role is classed as Mid.

And there are many more examples.

I was thinking why Ocampos who always plays is in that forward right position is classed as Mid rather than fwd.

Surely a change is due.

• @MI25

Aiui it's basically down to OPTA stats, FI just copy & paste with no input or opportunity to change or delay any changes, it's all very unsatisfactory. I genuinely don't care if say Kimmich is a defender or Midfielder just as long as I can place my bet, or not based on his given position, without it being changed without any notice or predictability. FF give positions out at the start of the season & that remains unchanged throughout so the game evolves on a level playing field for everyone.

Where anomalies exist I would prefer any changes to be restricted to set time periods, say transfer windows or off seasons, not just randomly on a whim.

• @Geronimo159387

Agree there need to be transparancy.

But there too many blatant positional blunders.. .not fair

• It's not as simple as in the old days with a 442 when it was obvious who is a forward and midfielders. A lot of these wide forwards would have been previously been called a Midfielder in a 451.

Kimmich is a bit different as he genuinely changed position.

But yeah agree, it should be set at start of season.