Would You Be In Favour Of Media Sources Outside The UK Being Used For Media Dividend Scoring?(Poll)

• One from the survey. Seems a no brainer to me that foreign media be included so more of the market can have a chance of media. But what say you the people?

• Foreign media, jazz mags and any publication.
    Get them all in! 😂

• Yes absolutely the market would actually benefit from it as other players would start win dividends Mbappe in France is always on the press so is tonali and Lautaro and ronaldo in Italy , Spain would be all about Messi and Real Madrid players , and do on imagine how the dividends would go around and no just the usual Bruno,Pogba,Kane , and so on ...

• @R9inter

If you have players from 5 leagues.. should have papers from same leagues.. ..

• @MI25 that’s excactly my point football is not limited to England hence why the papers should be from all five leagues , maybe I didn’t explain myself properly sorry for the miss understanding

• There's enough complaints when it's all in English.

• @Dalian-Smith not for me. It's enough of a minefield already, without worrying about how key words will translate, etc. Also, given the IS situation, not convinced that making such a large change now is a great idea, as it could wipe out the PL bias over night. Think they need to tread carefully when it comes to changes. For me, I'd only consider this if expansion happens into other territories with shared liquidity.

• @Dalian-Smith Was thinking about this just now and how it may be easier to use the English versions of foreign media first? Marca have an English version, and Bild also (couldn't see the sport section though). I'm sure this could work.

@Dan-The-Man @Mintyfresh Would resolve the translation issue?

Also what about the New York Times? And global football media? They should (in theory) not have so much of an EPL bias?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Would You Be In Favour Of Media Sources Outside The UK Being Used For Media Dividend Scoring?(Poll):

There's enough complaints when it's all in English.

I think adding more outlets may drown out the English specific nonsense. I can't imagine marca... Bild... Lequippe caring about a kyle walker sex party... But every paper will talk about a Messi hatrick or werner transfer to Chelsea etc.

Don't care so much now I've taken most of my money out... But I was always for it cos in theory is should benefit the premium players as well as the biggest football stories... And reduce the power of more controversial news.

• @Metropolis said in Would You Be In Favour Of Media Sources Outside The UK Being Used For Media Dividend Scoring?(Poll):

@Dalian-Smith Was thinking about this just now and how it may be easier to use the English versions of foreign media first? Marca have an English version, and Bild also (couldn't see the sport section though). I'm sure this could work.

@Dan-The-Man @Mintyfresh Would resolve the translation issue?

Also what about the New York Times? And global football media? They should (in theory) not have so much of an EPL bias?

I think the reality of FI change will be some token foreign media sources but I like the idea of global football media. Popular English version sports media from not just different countries but different continents. Asia and the Americas would be interesting.

• @Dalian-Smith for the World Cup yes. Could be interesting if every continent had an input. How would you choose sources though? From Asia for example?

• @Metropolis The China Daily is in English.
    0_1592077505741_Screenshot_20200613-204353.png
    I don't know the scene but there is substantial amount of English language foreign media out there. I think some due diligence is needed before proceeded with any new sources to attain if the source has credibility of circulation and no particular bias to any footballer or teams.

Its interesting to read foreign media without a European agenda. I was reading the China daily. The big story in over there I believe is hulk going back to Brazil. I do fancy media like the China Daily will throw up some curve balls but celebrate the stuff that needs to be celebrated as opposed to Kyle Walkers extra curricular activities.

• I am really surprised that there seems such demand to do something which could drastically alter the value of certain players. I can see an IS reaction happening all over again if this ends up happening.

• @Vespasian32 said in Would You Be In Favour Of Media Sources Outside The UK Being Used For Media Dividend Scoring?(Poll):

@Dan-The-Man said in Would You Be In Favour Of Media Sources Outside The UK Being Used For Media Dividend Scoring?(Poll):

There's enough complaints when it's all in English.

I think adding more outlets may drown out the English specific nonsense. I can't imagine marca... Bild... Lequippe caring about a kyle walker sex party... But every paper will talk about a Messi hatrick or werner transfer to Chelsea etc.

Don't care so much now I've taken most of my money out... But I was always for it cos in theory is should benefit the premium players as well as the biggest football stories... And reduce the power of more controversial news.

I see your point and when asked a year ago, I wrote a similar response as that used to be my position too, so I understand where you're coming from. My mind changed when I heard that there's going to be different indexes for each country, if that's true then I think the cons outweighs the pros.

I'm 55/45 on the issue... ie, slightly leaning to one side, rather than having a super strong position on it. The thing I'd most like to see is a rebalancing between PB and MB, so that football is more of a priority than media. I think that's the more important issue.

• Im no longer that bothered whether they add european media or not as ive decided im happy for them to make whatever changes they feel will need done eventually as its better that they do them while the entire index is appreciating with the growth of the the user base than making changes in a stagnant market where these changes could permanently devalue players and change dividend earners into non dividend earners.

• If UK FI isn't going to be pooled with other countries (I dont think it will) I dont think the media should be opened up. It has an EPL bias because it's a UK platform and the EPL is the biggest and best in the world so I'm happy for it to stay as is.
    I'm not sure people realise how many stories foreign outlets write about the likes of Messi and Ronaldo but it's a huge amount!
    Also as FI struggle to get media correct for the UK and we are all pissed off with it constantly how is it going to be any better with another load of countries media in foreign languages?!
    It will be carnage. All it will do is add to FI's workload, make media more of a lottery so harder to win divs and cause more damage to FI reputation when it inevitably becomes a shit show. The time, energy and cash could be used to better effect elsewhere!

• If people are bored of the same say 10 winning now then it'll be Messi Ronaldo neymar mbappe nearly every day if they do open up