Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?

• Would you care to summarise the main points?

Or was it a politicians interview again?

• Is this really necessary.. Can the negativity not stop until people have listened to the podcast

• @Karl
    It wasn't meant to be negative.
    It was mentioned on here that you could pay to listen to it before the Sunday broadcast.
    I was wondering what had been said.

• There you go!

0_1592085466266_Screenshot_20200613-225628.png

Can't be anything that could affect the market, so was curious what was said.

• Sorry, I didn't realize that was an option, just seen the heading and thought the opposite

• No but on the panda thing, they did mention that having proper stats available will allow people to evaluate matrix change. The thinking was that people fear matrix change because they don't know what impact it will have. If you say double the points for a dribble, if everyone has the data then they will understand the change and can re evaluate their portfolio. Making matrix changes less scary.

Now, it was a throwaway comment in a pod previewing a future pod which I wasn't listening to properly as I was stir frying some asparagus and celery. So not reading too much into it.

But if true it misses the point by a spectacular margin. People fear matrix change because if you don't know what the scoring system will be in a few months, how on earth can you judge what is a good buy.

More data so you don't need to pay for a 3rd party would be great but for very different reasons.

• @mike778
    True. It was more about stability, rather than the actual mechanics behind the matrix.

• Judging from the overwhelming response to this thread, I don't think fig can retire just yet on his income from his patreon page 😂

On next week's podcast - beryl the cleaner at FI HQ, she knows a lot and will spill the beans. Subscribers only though! 😂😂

Frigging patreon. Load of shite!

• @ScouseSte said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

Judging from the overwhelming response to this thread, I don't think fig can retire just yet on his income from his patreon page 😂

On next week's podcast - beryl the cleaner at FI HQ, she knows a lot and will spill the beans. Subscribers only though! 😂😂

Frigging patreon. Load of shite!

0_1592092109916_20200614_004803.jpg

• @mike778 said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

No but on the panda thing, they did mention that having proper stats available will allow people to evaluate matrix change. The thinking was that people fear matrix change because they don't know what impact it will have. If you say double the points for a dribble, if everyone has the data then they will understand the change and can re evaluate their portfolio. Making matrix changes less scary.

Now, it was a throwaway comment in a pod previewing a future pod which I wasn't listening to properly as I was stir frying some asparagus and celery. So not reading too much into it.

But if true it misses the point by a spectacular margin. People fear matrix change because if you don't know what the scoring system will be in a few months, how on earth can you judge what is a good buy.

More data so you don't need to pay for a 3rd party would be great but for very different reasons.

Sorry I just can't agree with that....... asparagus and celery.........shockin.

• @Le-Blanc two of my favs, but an odd combo.

@mike778 what was the rest of the meal? Full recipe only available to your patronas?

• @Le-Blanc said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

@mike778 said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

No but on the panda thing, they did mention that having proper stats available will allow people to evaluate matrix change. The thinking was that people fear matrix change because they don't know what impact it will have. If you say double the points for a dribble, if everyone has the data then they will understand the change and can re evaluate their portfolio. Making matrix changes less scary.

Sorry I just can't agree with that....... asparagus and celery.........shockin.

I Remember a work colleague (Gus Zapata) quitting so he could devote more time to his family restaurant.
    I went to opening night as they were offering a 50% discount.
    We sat down and one of the waiters came to our table and my brother in law enquired
    "Do you serve Apsaragus?" to which the waiter replied,
    "No we dont serve Sparrows and Gus is in the back doing the washing up".

• Anyone got a link?

• @MickTurbo Not live yet but should be here later.

https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/

• @Metropolis nice one 👍

• @Vespasian32 said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

@Le-Blanc two of my favs, but an odd combo.

@mike778 what was the rest of the meal? Full recipe only available to your patronas?

Rice and Chicken.

My other half is Chinese so we have some hybrid English, Chinese meals, basically everything other than rice is stir fried.

Celery and Asparagus work pretty well stir fried with ginger and celery and some other stuff. I have to do the cooking otherwise she will unload half a cupboards worth of ingredients in there.

• @mike778 when I use celery in [English style] Chinese... I dice it up really small and just scatter it on fresh at the end with spring onion and chilli. Nice bite to it and refreshing. I mostly use asparagus in plainer dishes like with fish or roast chicken... Can't picture it with Chinese flavours... Ginger etc. I'll have to try 👍

• @Vespasian32 said in Did anyone pay for this Adam Cole/Fig Podcast?:

@mike778 when I use celery in [English style] Chinese... I dice it up really small and just scatter it on fresh at the end with spring onion and chilli. Nice bite to it and refreshing. I mostly use asparagus in plainer dishes like with fish or roast chicken... Can't picture it with Chinese flavours... Ginger etc. I'll have to try 👍

When we cook for people it normally goes down well. Or they are good liars.

• I'm so envious of all the dishes on offer.
    I to ate like a King.
    My family were well looked after.
    This was pre - M E times though.
    You could buy a player, flip him and still have change left over for a pint of real ale.

I remember buying players and two weeks later the terms of that bet would be the same.

You could go down t'club. Leave your door wide open, have a rate good sesh and when you got back, your TAA would be untouched.
    No fiddling around with his points for inaccurate crosses.

Ahhhh the good old days!