Please give your honest opinions ...and any advice is much appreciated

• So last night I had a change of heart and changed my strategy I intend to hold less players with more shares and possibly long term so atm I hold :

200 x Gabriel Jesus £3.63
    472x takefusa Kubo £2.22
    250x Sandro tonali £2.94
    328x Francisco trincao £2.71

What do you think of my portofolio atm ?

Many thanks

• @R9inter said in Please give your honest opinions ...and any advice is much appreciated:

So last night I had a change of heart and changed my strategy I intend to hold less players with more shares and possibly long term so atm I hold :

200 x Gabriel Jesus £3.63
    472x takefusa Kubo £2.22
    250x Sandro tonali £2.94
    328x Francisco trincao £2.71

Many thanks

Solid. Find a new hobby, come back in a year and it'll be double 👍🏻

• Trincao is the most worrying one, in the next 6 months he could drop to around £2 I just dont see where he is getting 90mins from and certainly no MB.

• @Lukeroro thinking of adding a few more players on each pay day buy at least 200/300 shares in the following players:
    Szlobozai
    Goretzka ( once I see regular game time when Thiago is back )
    Cunha
    And a few other young ones with regular game time and potential for transfers to bigger teams

• Tonali will need a PB win early after moving clubs to maintain his price imo.
    He’ll most likely be the most expensive midfielder at whichever club he joins

• @R9inter maybe add some strong PB and/or MB contenders? I like being in the chance of winnings divs everyday but realise it might not be as profitable as other strategies

• @R9inter I agree with tom that Trincao looks a bit out of place in this company, but the other 3 look solid. Particularly with Kubo gaining sentiment lately

• @R9inter said in Please give your honest opinions ...and any advice is much appreciated:

What happens if one of them has a career ending injury or God forbid an Emiliano Sala/ Davide Astoria style death?

Would you be comfortable wiping 25%+ off your portfolio value?

Personally I prefer diversity, generally 2% maximum exposure is my rule of thumb, but everyone has different risk appetites & as long as you fully understand the potential downside risk then you deserve to reap any upside reward but sticking everything in a handful of similar risk profile players dramatically increases your risk.

• Tonali is the only one I would be cautious about. I actually sold mine last week. Looks increasingly likely he will join Inter which won't be good for his price. He would be slotting in as the second most expensive player in that team, and could easily have been first but Lautaro Martinez has a big move priced in.

I love Tonali as a footballer and could watch him all day. But he just seems one of those players who will spend his entire career in Serie A which will most likely hold him back. If you could get a rumour, even if it is complete bollocks, that he is joining United than I recommend selling on that rise and you would make a very happy profit.

• @Geronimo159387 that’s very true , but I only bet/invest what I can afford to loose obviously I would be gutted if that happened but hopefully I will get a decent profit in and sell on and spread the money a bit the thing is I was holding a few more players but I had an average of 100 share each and while I was gaining on one side I was loosing on the other so the value was very stagnant so I opted for something a bit more agreessive for the time being I can’t deny that is a gamble ! Especially trincao but I do believe that he will surprise most ripple and I am hoping that barcelona will have a positive impact on him as even the worst player would play better with such team mates I am possibly wrong but that’s my hope really barcelona always showed to be good on the market in my opinion so hopefully they prove me right but I am fully aware that I can be wrong

• @R9inter careful with Szoboszlai, same as what @Gregolocky said regarding Tonali, Szoboszlai could drop after a move.

I'm so pissed I didn't get on Goretzka a couple of months ago, seems to be the driving force for Bayern whilst Kimmich is the architect. I don't see Thiago getting his place back unless they play 3 cms in the CL.

• Szobozalai is my biggest hold. I think he's really got the game for FI. Set pieces and goal threat are his offer at minute. Lots to work with. He's likely to have a dip with a move. It's difficult settling into a new environment. He may need time to adapt. Depending on his move I fancy a big future but his transfer is the next big decision for holders. I've been to quick to jump ship in the past I'm hoping to resist the temptation to sell in the transfer window this time round. Hoping for a premier League move but Italy looks favourite.

• My honest opinion is that this portfolio will make you a lot of money, in about 2 years time, so i hope you can wait that long. Betting on youth is certainly a way to go, but always be prepared that it can fail. But granted you have addressed that point in your last reply. As others have said, do monitor the situation with Tonali, if he doesn't move or goes somewhere where he sits on the bench he won't sustain that price e.g. If he goes to Juve or inter both teams have stacked midfields and it will be a battle each week to start. Similar for Trincao if he turns up at Barca and doesn't get the game time, perhaps if they loan him out, it might be the best thing for his price in the short term bit this is the sort of thing to monitor closely. On the plus side if they handed out medals for market sentiment then Trincao would win hands down, so hopefully his price will be protected by that to some degree. With Kubo, i have watched Mallorca a few times this season, last night included, and i do like him but in my opinion he is not ready yet, if he goes back to Madrid i think he sits on the bench and plays a bit part next season, if he goes out on loan again, Madrid are not gonna give him to any of their rivals (because like i said he isn't a bad player) so expect another season of scraping it out at the wrong end of La Liga.

As far as i can see, investing in youth is all well and good, but the most important thing is that you give it time, if you are gonna go down this route then commit to it and do not waiver. Others will waiver, prices will fluctuate, things will get dicey but as long as you have resolve your port will be fine because the big picture is very much a long term view.

Another thing i will say is that, you have bought in to most of these players more or less at their peak prices, that's fine as long as they keep rising, but right now it won't take much of a swing in form/playing time/sentiment for prices to fall so you might have to spend some time in the red on these players, the trick is not to jump ship and ride it out, as i said at the beginning your exit points if you want to make big on these is not for a couple of seasons yet. Structurally you seem to have a hell of a lot of kubo compared to the others so your port will be especially sensitive to movements in his price, so if for any reason his price starts to tank i can't see the rest of your port being able to balance it out, i would recommend maybe one or two additions to your port, players who are getting first team action already and have dividend winning form (not just potential) to help with this. Whilst you might think that you have diversified by selecting different players in different positions etc you really haven't, because you are making the same bet on all for players i.e. you have bet on youth (which only booms maybe 1 - 2 times a year) . In the cut and thrust of mid-season when the last thing on peoples minds is youth where is your cap app gonna come from on a port like this, because it sure as hell is not winning any divs in large quantities, not for the next couple of seasons anyway.

• I wish I had the balls for a 4 man portfolio... feel like I'm missing out so I have 16 players and 20 on watch list

• @R9inter It will make you money but be boring as hell on most matchdays. Goes back to the old question, here for money, fun or a combination of both?

• @Chris-C thanks for the great analysis I really appreciate that these were all considerations that I made prior buying them but obviously I wanted opinions from an outside point of view that could be more realistic than my own , I did say I plan to add to my portofolio people that get regular game time and with potential transfer such as szlobasai ( sorry for the spelling haha ) he seems linked strongly to ac Milan and at the minute I can see him being one of the first choices in that squad as they are average atm , but I do plan to add one player at month buying 200/300 if I can more shares at the time ! I will definitely ride the dip out as otherwise my strategy would be a failure if I didn’t do so ! Hopefully next game kubo bangs one In to keep the hype going trincao I am hoping that he is gonna Impress at Barca and if he doesn’t at least gets sent out on loan but at the end of the day this is a gambling platform so nothing is granted can only hope for the best

Thank you again for your reply

• A lot of backing the really young talent is that you are really backing the platform long-term. Now I like to make short fast profits and withdrawing the money rather than having long term holds. My strategy reduces the risk of FI changes things in a negative sense, if I only have to wait a month for my trades I cant be effected by this. If you believe the platform is going to rocket then these youngsters will be worth holding long term. Just not for me.