🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show

• 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨

I was joined by @FootballIndex CEO @AdamColeFI & CTO Akash Gharu to discuss:

👉Trader Uncertainty
    👉Matching Engine 🤖
    👉Updgrading Tech Capabilities 💻
    👉NASDAQ
    👉Sell side OBs 📚

👂/⛓️: https://footballindexguide.com/fig_podcast/figcast139/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZRfsM3gRsk

♻️/❤️Appreciated!

#FootballIndex

• Almost through it, but need to finish it later. Thanks @The-FIG! Very good stuff. There were some really good questions in there and most importantly didn't let them off the hook with some of the more filibuster answers.

Initial thoughts is that Adam has no self awareness that he himself causes some of the market uncertainty. The Germany answer was a perfect example. He drove people to invest in Bundesliga, yet his answer suggested they hadn;t communicated much. In the Q&A where he dropped it on us that it could happen for next season, there was no reason to do that! No one expected it and I am sure some people have lost money. Another example was around the PB matrix. He said there are two clear horses- one saying don't change, one saying do change. What he didn't address is that changes are not necessarily a bad thing, but shouldn't be made flippantly and that we can adapt to changes, but give us more time and certainty on when they are going to happen. He created uncertainty around it but doesn't seem to be aware. Luckily it really was driven home how much we need better comms from him and the company so hopefully doesn't happen in the future.

One area of worry for me is how cavalier Akash was around changes. In one part he said that changes is part of the 'fun'! No! The fun is strategically putting together a port with an established and secure framework and watching the money pour in. It also worries me that he thinks 30 days is an adequate time to change the rules. Sure, tinkering is fine. But major changes that fundamentally changes the value of players needs WAY more than 30 days.

Some really interesting stuff about minor hedge funds and NASDAQ. Certainly food for thought there especially how it impacts top of the market. On the big question that we all want answering on the PB matrix, my gut based on that interview is that it will only change if there is overwhelming sentiment from the survey. At a guess, that sentiment won't be there apart from a couple of very noisy traders (who Adam alluded to).

Will finish off later but thanks again! Really well done!

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

On the big question that we all want answering on the PB matrix, my gut based on that interview is that it will only change if there is overwhelming sentiment from the survey. At a guess, that sentiment won't be there apart from a couple of very noisy traders (who Adam alluded to).

Whoever could he be referring to? @Ericali 😉

• It sounds like the ME was brought in because FI realised they had locked everyone into their bets.

Again no timescales on anything. The way they discussed ME at the beginning, makes it sound like they are making up things as they go along.

Sorry to sound negative but after taking a couple of weeks away from FI because of the way things were going I was hoping this would be positive.

The only good thing is IPOs will be “soon”. But what does that mean to them? Tomorrow, 1 week, 1 month. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

• Sounds like they don't want to change PB matrix unless the majority want it to be which makes it even stranger that they thought it was acceptable not to send the survey to everyone initially when those survey's could directly effect fundamental change!

• @FI-Ads said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

It sounds like the ME was brought in because FI realised they had locked everyone into their bets.

Again no timescales on anything. The way they discussed ME at the beginning, makes it sound like they are making up things as they go along.

I have to disagree, that's very short sighted.

They could hardly envisage Corona Virus and had to act quick to save the platform which led to 'bets being locked in'. Under the circumstances I was more than happy with that compared to the alternative!
    They were then pro active in accelerating the implementation of a product to create liquidity again to benefit us which came in the form of the ME.
    It's an un presidented time where there's been no football for 3/4 months due to a global pandemic where most markets are on their arse and our money has been kept safe in the whole period and I'm sure in most cases appreciated in a football gambling platform when theres no football on.
    I think that's a fucking tremendous outcome in a period where we shouldn't have been expecting anything!
    Onwards and upwards

• What a load of waffle. Barely said anything in 1 and a half hours. Pat let them off the hook there and was really licking some Adam cole ass.

• @Tom7471 said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

What a load of waffle. Barely said anything in 1 and a half hours. Pat let them off the hook there and was really licking some Adam cole ass.

I had to take a break after 3 minutes mate ... my throat was inflamed from all the corporate cocksucking!? 🤣🤣

• @johnboywalker it gets worse. The fact he calls him pat all the time is horrible to hear, sounds like they are in some kind of relationship. I was just listening to guarantee that he wouldn't put any of my questions forward.

• Did FAG ask them about some form of instant sell back to FI being brought back? Only question I really care about.

• I thought he was calling him Pep

• @Tom7471 said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

What a load of waffle. Barely said anything in 1 and a half hours. Pat let them off the hook there and was really licking some Adam cole ass.

I think the opposite here. Sure the first ten minutes is a jizzfest and was excruciating. But I get it. You kinda have to do that so they not on the defensive. Positivity makes them more likely to open up. And Adam kept trying to dodge the stuff around certainty of PB matrix and the confusion
    created in the Q&As, but in fairness to Pat he really did push Adam for more clarity. think he brought it back to the direct question on clarity over PB matrix four times, telling them this is stopping growth. Could Pat have pushed how Adam has manipulated the markets more directly? Absolutely and I would like to have seen more of a grilling. But this wasn't a pure propaganda exercise either.

• @FootstocksBetter said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

Did FAG ask them about some form of instant sell back to FI being brought back? Only question I really care about.

Yes I think so, Nally.
    They were talking about the equivalent of market makers but they called them something else.

• @Splurger_Dan - we can continue to make excuses but with 4 of the top 5 leagues being active within a week from now, how much time do we give them to sort this out.

There is very little trading apart from the odd 100 players.

An unpopular opinion here - I’d rather they’d done nothing with instant sell when Covid hit and they let the market ride just like every other financial markets in the world. I personally think with football returning we would have been seeing amazing growth again whereas right now we are seeing a stagnant market which is being artificially propped up because no one can move any money around.

An interesting thing I’ve noticed today is that on a fair few of my sub £1 holds, is that the number of shares on the bid is now less than 300. Some less than 100. Do I have shit holds? Maybe? Or is it traders selling off or traders no longer making bids. If those bids go to zero then I really am stuck.

FI need to get moving. I really thought we might have some timescales about further stages of the ME or Nasdaq but again we have nothing to go on.

I hope I’m wrong in all this and in 6 months time I’m singing their praises again. I took 2 weeks away from it but maybe I need a little longer.

• @FootstocksBetter they spoke briefly about market makers saying there would be more liquidity with NASDAQ but I genuinely don't think they care about the lower end. At one stage they said they were thinking of taking off some of the players from the low end so that they would have a better market of players for sale!!! Whatever the fuck that means. They were talking of taking them off and putting them back on if they are doing well!!! Madness.

They did say that the top 500 will be fine though, which was a big relief for the holders of 40p players!!

• FIGs just released footage from the Video feed. Looks like Adam and Pat got on quite well.
    0_1592167833395_Cupace20200614214800.png

• @Dalian-Smith 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 some top draw stuff that

• All the complaints about DD and Enhanced DD have been answered - FI are now being hammered for compliance (because they have been uprated) so they HAVE to get everything right. You can't muck about and cut corners with compliance

That's all I have to say. I'm endeavoring to not moan tonight! 😁

• Lads I think Fig’s name is Pet ( no joke )

• @Gregolocky said in 🚨#FigCast Ep 139🚨 Football Index CEO & CTO join the show:

Lads I think Fig’s name is Pet ( no joke )

0_1592168482507_IMG-20200529-WA0004.jpg