Questions I Should Have Perhaps Asked!

• When will IS be returning?

Do you think it is morally correct to change a traders bet so drastically without notice?

Traders/Betting Sites have to adhere to the responsible gaming policy set out by the gambling commission.
    How responsible is it to allow traders to risk assess their bet and taking the Instant Sell option into account when placing the bet only to leave them high and dry.

How often do you feel 'tweaks' to the PB matrix should be made?
    Traders like stability. They set themselves up for a 3 year bet, only go have to re-assess because someone at FI towers believes left footed defensive Midfielders are under represented.

What's that man called inbetweeΓ± those wooden things with the net attached?
    Just been asked to check that you knew!

And so forth......

Please feel free to add your own missing questions or to burn me on the forum for my disloyalty to 'the cause'.

If this shit affects me, it will invariably affect you!

• @Dronny-Gaz am I banging on about the same stuff a bit too much and is it getting tiresome?
    All very relevant points, but I swear you start a thread a day along these lines. Apologies if i am mistaken.

• @Dronny-Gaz I think you can read between the lines and make your own mind up about IS.

• @Notanyoldnewuser
    Apologies accepted.
    No I don't start a thread a day. I can only assume that perhaps a post I made a few days ago has remained active due to the exceptional writing and challenging content. 😁

• @Timothee-Atouba
    It makes it no easier to swallow, nor does the apathy shown by other traders.

• @Dronny-Gaz But it’s been discussed almost non stop for a month or so. I’ve seen or heard nothing to suggest it’s going to change. I think people need to vote with actions or probably draw a line under it.

• @Timothee-Atouba
    It appears to have been discussed on the Forum and certainly on Twitter.
    I'm sure traders may have also registered their displeasure in the recent FI survey.

Sadly the only one really not talking about it is Adam Cole.

He could draw a line under it or resolve it with one statement.

Yet we've had nothing.

• This post is deleted!

• @FootstocksBetter
    I'm certainly not looking to bring down FI, but equally I do feel that they have a moral obligation to honour the terms that were in play when the bet was placed.
    It just seems the right thing to do.

I'll leave the guerilla warfare tactics to you comrade! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Dronny-Gaz What statement are you after from Adam mate. He's had 2 recent customer engagement exercises. Here's footage from one of them.
    0_1592233453652_Cupace20200614214800.png

He's not addressed the IS. I've got a feeling his conscience is clear and it's all hands on deck to bring in the next phase of Orderbooks. I've got a feeling we won't see any FI Management IS discussion at least until Orderbooks is bedded in.

• Accepting that FI have made an error in judgement and re-introducing the IS option for one month and then it will be banished forever.
    The amount of goodwill such an act would create cannot be measured on a balance sheet.

Some people are saying that they daren't re-introduce IS as there would be a stampede to leave.

Not me of course, just some people!

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Questions I Should Have Perhaps Asked!:

When will IS be returning?

Well there's good news & bad news; Bad news FI backed IS has gone for good, never to return. The good news is once full OB's arrive then sell orders will allow the MS price to fall towards the IS/ME price & we will again have a fully functioning marketplace. Once the liquidity is demonstrated at the new market equilibrium price, then confidence will return & trading will start to resemble pre CV levels.

The potential drawbacks are that true market price is likely to be lower than current MS price & market depth is likely to be nowhere near as deep as the previous FI IS was. Patience will be required & trading strategies may need to adapt but at least we are now travelling in the right direction, albeit slowly.

I do have sympathy for those who's strategy depended, at least in part on the old IS function, but it seems pretty clear that FI have condemned it to history, so traders can adapt or sell up I'm sorry to say (as I believe it has been very poorly handled by FI to say the very least!) but we need to face the new reality.

• @Geronimo159387
    Interesting Geronimo. So they've taken away IS and the system they're introducing will ultimately devalue our portfolio?
    Controversial!
    Why would they do such a thing!

• @Geronimo159387
    And when will these fabled order books arrive and who exactly are these mysterious market makers I keep hearing about.
    Their names are only ever whispered!

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Questions I Should Have Perhaps Asked!:

So they've taken away IS and the system they're introducing will ultimately devalue our portfolio?

Yes & as much as I think they have an obligation to allow existing holders (who's buy price was largely based on the old IS) a fair exit, I just don't believe it will happen (my view is even stronger now after hearing the FIG podcast). Any price fall, which I think is almost certain at least for the mid to lower end prices, will most likely only be temporary, as platform growth will organically grow prices, remember the market overall doubles every 12-18 months. So even a 20-25% drop would recover in a few months, particularly if FI offer some promotion or net spend bonus to artificially stimulate demand.

MM will only act to facilitate short term liquidity & will probably receive a slice of the new 2% buyers tax, which is another terrible idea IMO.

• @Geronimo159387
    Thank you Geronimo. A well thought out, sympathetic and reasoned response.

It's still bollocks though! 😁

• 0_1592236199043_Cupace20200615164925.png

• @Dalian-Smith
    Quality! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Has it quietened down yet? Like the Wild West round here nowadays! πŸ˜‚

• Thing is I'm pretty certain fi had said numerous times that they didn't have to provide an is, and it was all based on risk management. They now have zero risk I hope they increase dividends chuck in a few bonuses etc but they never changed the condition of the bet. Like a cash out at bookies, if you make a bad bet they may well cancel the cash out function