Saliba £1.42, how??

• I've just noticed William Saliba looks to be extremely undervalued...

Only 19
    Will be at Arsenal next season and probably straight into the first team considering their CB options
    A lot of rave reviews about him
    Also was a regular starter for St-Etienne this season

Now, I must admit, I'm no FI veteran, but it does seem like a really good deal for a player so young.

Am I wrong?

• @SB I’ve no idea myself but what you might check before you buy is how many other CB’s are priced higher than saliba. I’d argue not too many

• @SB said in Saliba £1.42, how??:

I've just noticed William Saliba looks to be extremely undervalued...

Only 19
    Will be at Arsenal next season and probably straight into the first team considering their CB options

Now, I must admit, I'm no FI veteran, but it does seem like a really good deal for a player so young.

Am I wrong?

At that price he’s the 6th highest priced CB in the Prem with only the likes of VVD, Maguire, Laporte, Tomori and Gomez above him. There’s no doubt he’s a good player but that’s impressive company to be keeping for a teenager who hasn’t played in the Prem before.

• I think he is a good steal at this price. I know he only played 13 Ligue 1 games but 11 of those they won only conceding 6 goals in the process. Without him they played 19 games and only won 5 of them conceding 28 goals along the way....St-Etienne finished just outside the relegation zone, so you must think what could have been if Saliba was available for more. Surely this shows his worth.

With talks of Arsenal possibly letting Sokratis leave to accommodate Saliba in the first team, you will think he'll get game time over the season and his price will rise.

• @MikeWagner said in Saliba £1.42, how??:

@SB said in Saliba £1.42, how??:

I've just noticed William Saliba looks to be extremely undervalued...

Only 19

Am I wrong?

At that price he’s the 6th highest priced CB in the Prem with only the likes of VVD, Maguire, Laporte, Tomori and Gomez above him. There’s no doubt he’s a good player but that’s impressive company to be keeping for a teenager who hasn’t played in the Prem before.

Comparative pricing isnt all that. Saliba as a new signing... At Arsenal... A club berift of a decent CB for years... There will be some MB regardless... But if he does well... Imagine could be huge MB.

I don't really buy CBs... Boring and atm don't suit matrix.. But if I was, he seems fairly good value.

• You want an MB win at Arsenal? Get Auba or Ozil. Stars before they joined and MB magnets because they'll leave soon. Saliba won't win more than a day of MB in the next 12 months, probably 24.

And if an Arsenal defender wins PB on a gold day in the next year, I'll give you my Shane Duffy shares for free.

• @Vespasian32 I do agree, as a valuation method comparative pricing is more of a sense check than anthing else - much more important to consider potential dividend yield. As a CB his PB potential is lower, hence the lack of CB’s in the too 200. He’s also walking into a defence which has improved massively under Arteta but is still extremely questionable - big ask for a 19 yr old to shine and win MB in the process so where do all the divs come from? Laporte can’t even get into the French team so international football looks less likely in the short/medium term also.

Having said that, market sentiment and hype seems to drive value more than any tangible investment metrics so you’re probably right!

• I'm back to agreeing with vesp here, haven't bought him yet, but very well might do. The comparative value thing is real but that's got absolutely not to do with his potential to win PB if he can be their best defender, and the MB that would logically follow on from that

• @MikeWagner the divs come from mb. Any new signing to the prem is virtually guarenteed some in their first few weeks. If he plays well itl be big, if he doesn't... Itl fade away very quickly. I agree about current cbs value tho and as I said I don't buy them as I think mids/fwd are more valuable.

But I don't think tomori or gomez price has any relevance to saliba... In the same way Paul Dummets price has no bearing on TAA. They have been with their club a while and will only get mb for very good performances or big news. Saliba is likely to get MB for "here' s what new arsenal signing did to Aubameyang in training" kind of stuff... As the media will pin all of arsenal's problems on him being the solution (perhaps).

• Only? Expensive for a cb

• Pablo Mari 1 game... 3p mb...26 year old loanee.

Saliba is 19 and cost us a handsome sum. I reckon he will return min 10pb mb in first season, but potentially a lot more. At 1.42 and his age... Its very tempting.

• Arsenal have always been a bit of a black hole when it comes to dividend earners, the genaral feeling on FI has always been they are a bit of a boring team. Maybe Arteta will change that but ever since ive been on the index Arsenal players have always looked cheap maybe the tide will change

• @Vespasian32 I don’t think 10p is unrealistic for his first season given that he’s the new kid on the block and will likely look great compared to the current crop but he’ll need to win 10p in divs every season for the rest of his career just to cover his price and commission. It’s just something that would put me off when valuing him but I know many traders don’t employ any degree of logic so on that basis he’s probably a decent shout, just not for me.

• @SB Joe Gomez is around the same and I reckon he’s gonna be Liverpool’s main CB for a good few years

• @Bashamsarriving aren't they looking at other CBs... Diego Carlos been heavily linked? Matip had a great season too... Gomez has seemed good but he's 23... Not 19. Hasn't yet cemented a first team place. In danger of becoming a utility sub to cover CB and FB.

Hopefully he can kick on and settle as VVD partner.... Wouldn't hurt England to have a good young CB learning from the best match by match.

• Sorry guys, as you can see, I'm not exactly the most frequent person on here. I actually agree with you @MikeWagner it does seem that compared to others he's priced either fairly or higher, depending on how you view him.
    I do think he will grow a lot more though, especially for his age and because, like @Coriolanus mentioned, Arsenal haven't had a good centre back for years. I just think, knowing Arsenal fans (I am one myself) if he has one or two good games he will be hyped up so much and could see a fair bit of growth. Plus he's a very good young player.

• @SB last nights escapades from Luiz probably add even more value to Saliba... In that our defence is more in the limelight than ever before so it's even more eyes on whether Saliba will be another bumbling idiot or our saviour.

• @SB do you feel yesterday's game shows the need for someone like Saliba to come straight in? It's looking like there will be game time available for him next season, with the injuries answer have had at CB and also the (more than) likely departure of Luiz.

I might be speaking well ahead of myself here but this is slowly looking like a decent price for Saliba