What's the point of the Forum?

• Just wondering what people think the point of the Forum is.

For me, I think it should serve any one of three purposes:

1 To share useful information (e.g. IPO listings)
    2 To help each other/ask for help (whether it be player tips or trading techniques, etc)
    3 To be entertaining

If a post hits all 3, that's the holy grail.

Several threads have become arguments recently or the same points have been made over and over. Some of it really has me scratching my head trying to work out what the purpose of some of the posts has been. Player tips seem to be a bit thin on the ground and I'm longing for a good pump!

If it's not useful information or funny, I've definitely reached the point that I don't want to read it. Do we think we can strive to get the Forum back to these values or am I missing the point as to what it's for?

And before someone says what purpose did this boring message serve, it's a vague effort to encourage people to look at what they've been posting and to think about what they are positively adding to the Forum. Let's stop deliberately picking fights and start helping each other again. I've gained so much from the Forum in the past and we can all make it be a fantastic place again.

• @Mintyfresh one great example of this forum was the Ighalo thread, actually brought people together and theres plenty of others like it. Alot of people here want to help each other I just think there is alot of uncertainty especially considering the current environment. End of the day people have their hard earned money in here and are concerned. I had an email tonight from a betting company closing because of the current environment and think I saw one other go a couple of months ago too so these are unprecedented times. I think the forum can be used for debate, we cant and shouldn't agree on everything but I agree the arguing has got a tad tedious

• @Mintyfresh It’s definitely something we should be striving for. I’m all for constructive debates on important issues but recently it seems the same people are dredging up the same topics accross multiple threads. It just clogs up the forum and detracts from the general community experience the forum used to provide. The atmosphere often feels pretty toxic which doesn’t benefit traders, the platform or the product as a whole.

• @Mintyfresh

1. For 30-60 year olds to fill their dwindling social lives.
    2. For 30-60 year olds to avoid their missus’/boyfriends as much as possible.
    3. To tear Football Index and/or Adam Cole a new one every time the garden isn’t rosy and our portfolios aren’t at least maintaining equal growth with ageing torsos.

• @Shippers absolutely, got no problem with disagreements or even complaints, as long as it is going somewhere and serves a purpose. Some of the debates are the most helpful and useful threads. Would be good if we can just get a bit of mutual respect back, appreciate others have different views, then all move forward.

• @Mintyfresh couldnt agree more mate, spot on.

• I’m glad someone has spoken out as I was considering it. There’s more and more bitching and petty behaviour, it’s all good saying don’t read the thread but almost every thread descends into the same thing, with generally the same users bickering.

Let’s keep the forum to what it should be, a helpful and friendly environment to share our research and tips and help to point new users in the right directions.

• There are some wise old owls on here who seem to be in a willy measuring contest at times. So many threads go from healthy debate to who has the biggest pork sausage.

Oh well, that is the way of the world now which is a shame....

• @Kipper72 said in What's the point of the Forum?:

There are some wise old owls on here who seem to be in a willy measuring contest at times. So many threads go from healthy debate to who has the biggest pork sausage.

Oh well, that is the way of the world now which is a shame....

Interesting. I don't know about you. Maybe we need to get to the bottom of who's got the biggest sausage. Could put an end to all the dong swinging. I propose a poll....

• From a German point of view this could be the Wurst poll. I'll get my coat, apologies for a dad joke.

• @Kipper72 said in What's the point of the Forum?:

From a German point of view this could be the Wurst poll. I'll get my coat, apologies for a dad joke.

No apologies necessary. That made me chortle but then the forum is peppered with my own dad humour.

• Agree, personally I think it would be positive to expand the forum categories rather than everything housed under general discussion.

• @DW have a pork sausage sub forum 👍

• You can beg, preach, cajole, tell, ask all you like.
    But you will not change people. unless they want to change.

So. You had better accept that if you read this forum you will have to witness bitching pretty much every day.

And then you might decide to just read the threads that might be of some interest.

The only thing you can really do in a positive way to influence how you wish this forum to develop, is be part of the change you wish to see.

So you make sure, you do not get involved in petty infighting, and that you post useful and/or funny content.

It is all any of us can do, if we truly want things to change.

But don't expect anyone else to.

• Carlos Clerc

Decent fullback
    Cheap as he's a sub

But he's sub to an ageing Tono. Next year will be his year. Decent crosses and sounds like they're staying for PB.

• @Westy thanks for the tip, I'll give it a Google. Now if you could try bigging up one of my existing holds next time, that would be much appreciated 👍

• @Mintyfresh said in What's the point of the Forum?:

@Westy thanks for the tip, I'll give it a Google. Now if you could try bigging up one of my existing holds next time, that would be much appreciated 👍

He's a total punt. But you did ask for pumps and this is what they used to be like.

• @Westy I'm always happy to do my own research, but I don't get to watch as much football as I'd like these days, so it's good to get a few suggestions to look into. Even if I choose not to buy, anything that enhances knowledge has got to be good.

• @Mintyfresh shame the 20p and 40p threads got a bit muddied by proper pump n dumpers. They were the most fruitful threads for finding unknown players, still hold most of them at good profit. Maybe we should get them back up and just self moderate the blatant pump n dump attempts.

• @Mintyfresh When do IPO get added to the market and where do we find them ?