Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?

• I just noticed @Vespasian32 has been banned. Surely, this is a mistake to blanket ban a user for having a ‘different’ Opinion?

I’ve had some ‘beef’ with him in the past, but that aside, he was always a solid contributor and a £££ investor.

I am of the opinion he would have returned to the index, once he had his ‘fill’ of ‘the other company’.

Guys, are we echoing extreme left wing politics here? Freedom of speech, differences of opinion - this is what makes people ‘real’ people.

Do not remove sculptures/statues based on a few differences of opinion...

0_1592306323581_0E15E4D7-E6D0-423A-9844-CFBAAF3E2633.jpeg

• Perhaps we could all take a moment. Maybe even get down on one knee and remember 'The Pied Piper of FS'.

Hey lads. Can I be in your gang again now?

• Any other users been banned too?

• If he has been banned then it’s an appalling decision just because someone has a different opinion and an equally valid one as anyone else’s in the way the platform is at present.

I thought we didn’t have mods, so who has banned him?

• @Sol I agree with the sentiment but saw it coming a mile off

• He was one of a few traders that was always helpful to read when I was a new trader on the forum. I hope the ban is temporary and not permanent.

But let’s be real, his agenda was clear, he was hardly being the objective articulate contributor I remember from when I first joined the forum. So I’m glad he has gone, most people who talk about FS (or claim to be forced to talk about FS by someone who criticised it) are fine and I don’t think they need to go. But that PB debacle thread that @Vespasian32 set up was pathetic, it was an attempt to attack FI over the smallest mistake before they’d even had a chance to rectify it.

And about freedom of speech, honestly. It’s a private forum run by FI, he has freedom of speech in that he will not be executed if he says something out of line. But he does not have freedom to a platform, so if FI want to moderate the forum, they can do it how they choose, and those that disagree can debate on Twitter, other forums, slack. (That’s not me telling you to leave, but just stating you have the option.

Don’t get freedom of speech and freedom to a platform confused.

• @Sol agree somewhat but I feel he was trying to get himself banned to make himself look like a martyr

• I like the guy. He was basically a walking, talking FootStock advert though. Some of his ‘posts’ were nothing but promos and encouraging people to message him with for more info on a rival product.
    He should never have been allowed to get away with it for so long. Could you imagine McDonalds website being full of Burger King adverts?

• So Vesp gets banned for talking (rightly or wrongly) about another platform, yet people who have bullied forum members from here remain!

Some people on here need to take a fucking long hard look in the mirror, we’re all supposed to be over 18 how about we act like it?

I’m not defending anything Vesp posted I’ve not agreed with the way he has come across About FS and he’s probably done more harm than good, Mr White whilst I like conversing with you on Slack and the other forum you need to tone it down; but some of the comments and insults on here is becoming embarrassing.

How about we talk football, making money and helping each other out?

• He went from being a good contributor and a largely sensible fella, albeit one I didn’t always see eye to eye with to a man with a disruptive agenda.

• Grego knows

• Don't think I've commented on all of this before, but to be honest if he was going to act like he has for the majority of his time on here then it's a poor decision, but if he was going to carry on like he has recently then I'm not too fussed about him being gone. Wonder if anyone else is getting a bit panicky now lol

• SO, who does the banning and moderating on here? Who applied the ban as I’d really like to know personally? Or are FI in control of this forum?

• @Erased-Citizen said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

SO, who does the banning and moderating on here? Who applied the ban as I’d really like to know personally? Or are FI in control of this forum?

Even money favourite is @Ericali, a bit of late support in the market though for @johnboywalker at 4/1 😉🤣

• Also a user called 'Footstocks Better' has been banned.

I can see it both sides... If he had kept his posts to mainly about Football Index and its flaw I would agree this is ridiculous, but too often it would be pushing a rival company.

I do wonder what new users think if they ever check out this forum first. It's so doom and gloom at the moment I wouldnt invest if I had read this sort of thing before i joined. I think FI need to be held account over certain things for sure, but lots of people on here have made lots and lots of money, yet it sometimes reads like a TUI complaint group.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

SO, who does the banning and moderating on here? Who applied the ban as I’d really like to know personally? Or are FI in control of this forum?

If you go into the groups icon there are a list of Admin and Moderators some who have not been online for a while
    I think FI Mark is one with the most current presence

• @ChazFI123 said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

@Erased-Citizen said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

Even money favourite is @Ericali, a bit of late support in the market though for @johnboywalker at 4/1 😉🤣

Is anyone going to have the balls to admit it? I didn’t even realise the forum was under control by any so called ‘admins’.

A really disgusting decision and one that stinks of silencing anything that doesn’t tie in with what the powers that be want to hear.

• @FI_IPOSCOUT that was Nally cat I’ve called him out on slack and Twitter he’s a bitter bloke generally

• If anyone remembers A.S.P., he went the same way. But he REALLY went for Fi's jugular, launching a regular tirade on Twitter (don't think he was on the forum).
    But then recently he issued a full apology and came crawling back.

I do find it odd that Vesp looks like going the same way. It's all very irrational. If you've had enough of FI, just leave. Don't try and take it down with you.

There's moaning for the good of the platform and its clientele (what I do 😉) and then there's moaning to damage the product futher and cause people to sell up. That's where Vesp was heading.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

@Erased-Citizen said in Vespasian32 banned and no talk about it on here?:

If you go into the groups icon there are a list of Admin and Moderators some who have not been online for a while
    I think FI Mark is one with the most current presence

Let’s hope one of them has the balls to hold their hand up then or even more so give their reasoning?!?