A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return

• Someone mentioned that this is worrying considering the PL returns tomorrow with more games later this week. We have to remember that before covid-19 postponed football, everyone's ports had been set up for PL run-in, EL, CL, transfer specs and Euros. So traders have been sat on their PL players ever since. Of course, those who would normally sell to free-up money to get on or top-up PL players have not been able to do so because of the commendable hike in spreads to protect FI and our ports. Still others have left due to covid-caused financial reasons or to jump onto other platforms or are just disillusioned due to recent poor communications from FI.

Keep calm and positive. This place will be buzzing again by the end of this week!

0_1592326676337_upload-0782e5b9-426d-42aa-a78c-f0f3775b9028

• @Londoner

I agree with your sentiment but trading patterns definitely seem to have changed; just listened live to the BMG v Wolfs game & Hofmann scored & I only saw a single 60 future buy go through the ticker, just scored a second 200, 131,360 & counting but for a player to score twice, have a decent early shout at PB win (180 after 30 mins) yet not to light up the ticker is strange indeed. FI removal of IS has virtually killed the in game, matchday traders from this evidence.

• @Geronimo159387 people aren't going to take 2p of IPD's for a player they can't trade out of over the next few weeks, Bundesliga has almost finished.

• @Londoner To be fair, it wouldn't make much sense to start a promotion now.

1. Problem gambling has likely been worse for many in lockdown and the last thing FI want to do is encourage more
    2. Disposable income has fallen for almost everyone.

At least wait until the end of the month, or talk up improvements for next season. Adam alluded to sharing the roadmap in the FIG podcast so this could be a good thing to do now. Promotes positivity and keeps enthusiasm going without encouraging spending.

but yeah, some positivity is definitely needed right now.

• @DW said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

people aren't going to take 2p of IPD's for a player they can't trade out of over the next few weeks, Bundesliga has almost finished.

I get that but if he wins mid PB, 211 at half time, that's another 4p, star man would add another 4p (albeit the goat is in action later) but even 6p on a 71p, now 73p price is probably a better return than 90% of the EPL players will get for the rest of their season! Happy I picked a few hundred up at 45p via ME earlier in the week, looking good value now, but a long term hold for me so IPD's are just an added bonus.

• @Geronimo159387 it's too late to get the PB if buying now. Deadline has passed

• @Snrub

I picked a few hundred up at 45p via ME earlier in the week, so well before 3pm today, was really commenting on the lack of any noticeable buying on goals.

• @Geronimo159387 yeah I know yours are good. I was on about people buying now as you said

"I get that but if he wins mid PB, 211 at half time, that's another 4p, star man would add another 4p (albeit the goat is in action later) but even 6p on a 71p, now 73p price is probably a better return than 90% of the EPL"

People know if they bought on the goals they wouldn't see that extra 8p regardless of what happens

• @Geronimo159387 they're in for a massive disappointment if they're expecting any PB by purchasing in-game, having missed the deadline by several hours! 2p IPD might be some consolation admittedly

• @Snrub said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

People know if they bought on the goals they wouldn't see that extra 8p regardless of what happens

True but topping either mid PB &/or star man all day tomorrow on the dividend winners board always used to attract further buying, so in play buyers often take the opportunity to offload into that demand. This is just the latest example of lack of in play buying that I noticed, as I was watching the ticker whilst listening to the commentary. Just fluffed his hattrick chance, I look like I might've landed Messi in disguise! Finished on 287 with 2 ipd's.

• People who get paid monthly also don’t get paid until this Friday or the following one so I wouldn’t expect a huge amount of individuals to be depositing before then.

• @Londoner

Thanks @Londoner. I was getting worried but feel a lot more relieved now knowing that Alireza Jahanbakhsh will have doubled in price by this time next week!

No seriously, positive vibes. Many thanks.

I’m seriously regretting listing my portfolio in my signature!

• At the start of Covid I was expecting, and willing to accept, a 5 to 10% drop in my portfolio value. Thanks to FI's handling of the crisis and the various promotions they ran my portfolio hit an all time high instead.

I am currently down about 2% off of my peak but still a lot better than I was anticipating. I play mostly for dividends and we now have almost 3 years of uninterrupted PB football to look forward too. We are all betting on FI rather than our individual portfolios and I am very positive about the future, short term, mid term and long term👍.

• 0_1592399781438_Dardai 17062020.PNG

Late last night my risky gamble, Dardai suddenly had his IS (21p) removed. He's part of a squad in a PB league and is an under 21 international. I created this thread to add positivity, but FI make this difficult lately! I know how traders feel who have it worse than me with more than one player made worthless.

The reason I bought him just before the return of the BL, is that he was cheap, with potential and had a bit of a rise. I reckoned that he would get games as the season panned out. Looking at the BL table, Hertha are mid table with only 2 games remaining. They can't qualify for Europe, neither can they be relegated, so they effectively have meaningless games for them but the 2 remaining teams they play: Gladbach and Leverkusen are still playing for Europe.

This is a great opportunity for Dardai to make a name for himself!

• @Londoner “had his IS removed” is strange terminology. All this means is either someone sold their shares to the 21p bidder, or that bidder decided to cancel their buy order. It’s not like it was a company decision to turn off IS for that player!

• This post is deleted!

• @Londoner said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Coleyscrooge said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Londoner “had his IS removed” is strange terminology. All this means is either someone sold their shares to the 21p bidder, or that bidder decided to cancel their buy order. It’s not like it was a company decision to turn off IS for that player!

What do you mean? I bought Dardai on 24 April and he always had an IS button next to his "buy" button. But from yesterday that IS button has gone. I can't sell him. This has nothing to do with ME, I don't have him up for sell. See the above image. This is what many traders have been complaining about who trade at the lower end. FI have removed the IS from their players so they cannot sell and are thus trapped in their bets. It's very much a company decision.

• This post is deleted!

• @Londoner said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Coleyscrooge said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Londoner

@Londoner

What do you mean? I bought Dardai on 24 April and he always had an IS button next to his "buy" button. But from yesterday that IS button has gone. I can't sell him. This has nothing to do with ME i blame the poster above.

EDIT - AH! bugger you deleted them

• @Advinculas-Index said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Londoner said in A Positive View of the Lack of Trading on Eve of PL Return:

@Londoner

@Londoner

What do you mean? I bought Dardai on 24 April and he always had an IS button next to his "buy" button. But from yesterday that IS button has gone. I can't sell him. This has nothing to do with ME i blame the poster above.

EDIT - AH! bugger you deleted them

0_1592434365731_upload-ee3a575a-3fd4-496e-9e08-cf98f0f6a981

I've just checked and the IS button has returned! All is well in the world!