Is nobody on here concerned?

• I’m over £70 down in 24 hours and over £100 down in a week. I have a mix of all the big hitters and a load of potential stars. Has this happened before on the Index? It’s quite a substantial drop across the board. Should we be concerned? I’ve only been on here 2 months so wouldn’t know. All I’ve experienced prior to this past week is rises.

• Index is still growing so if you have value in your holds and you have a long term strategy then don’t worry about the bumps in the road. While the growth is in the green not sure you should be too concerned?

• @NewUser128630 firstly check the overall football index value on news page to see if it's up or down. That helps as a guide to whether the index is down or just your players.

Secondly I'm down £28 today but this is not unusual with the ebb and flow of the index. I wouldn't be surprised if some people are doing some withdrawl to then deposit at next trader event on the 5th may.

• As profitable as it is, with the amount of growth it has seen, you have to remember that it is a gamble, you are placing a bet and like the real stock market, prices will vary. It isn’t real profit until it is withdrawn. What’s important is why they might be going down in price and why you bought them in the first place. Does it look like a blip or does it look like something that continue towards the future? Are your reasons for your purchases still valid? (maybe potential summer transfers or good WC performance? because if so then those reasons should still be there as a reason to ride the wave and keep them.
    I know any loss is hard to see. Just £1 is painful for me let alone £100. But trust in your instincts 👍

• @NewUser128630 part of it may be Ronaldo and kroos not playing tonight when people thought they would combined with griezmann being subbed off earlier.

• Not gonna lie, I’m slightly concerned. Went for the MB strategy as it seemed easy money but apart from Salah, naymer & pogba all the big hitters I own have dropped into the red along with purchasing more Otamendi, kompany and de bryne before the Man City v Liverpool tie.
    I’ll be honest I’ve made some terrible decisions and panic selling and buying in the 5 weeks I’ve been on here but am still up £500 (mainly due to Salah) and earned over £500 divendends so god knows the potential I can earn when I finally stop making stupid mistakes
    I’m hoping big guns will recover with a whole month of triple media between end of season and World Cup.

• @NewUser128630 said in Is nobody on here concerned?:

I’m over £70 down in 24 hours and over £100 down in a week. I have a mix of all the big hitters and a load of potential stars. Has this happened before on the Index? It’s quite a substantial drop across the board. Should we be concerned? I’ve only been on here 2 months so wouldn’t know. All I’ve experienced prior to this past week is rises.

The big valued player have been having it far to good for far to long, a crash had to come, been saying it for a long time, the old and smart traders obviously new this and are getting out early while times were good. you got to stay ahead of the trends , a to will now be selling off to invest in the next trend. i avoided MB and WC players, my portfolio hasn't stoped climbing in the last month, and i expect huge boom after the WC when all that cash comes flooding into free transfers and high transfer linked players. Dont be a sheep and follow the crowd, the people holding these MB players hold a lot of money, they can control the market easy, if you have a small profile, why would you want to invest in expensive players to get 2 or 3 futures, you want maximum futures to get maximum growth on them futures at cheap value and flip, I have been beating this drum for ages on this form, but keep getting shot down by the big MB holders

• Bit of a 'Perfect storm' today.

Poor performances from Arsenal and Man Utd
    Griezeman subbed.
    Ronnie, Kroos and Bale not playing as being saved for Champions League.
    Kane poor game yesterday
    Neves profits being taken

However the drop is a big over reaction and gives some good chances to pick up some decent futures very cheap.

There have been HUGE rises on the Index recently and days like this I am surprised do not happen more often.

Even the Egyptian King is down and he's about to cash in AGAIN on the MB so somebody is making some poor decisions to sell, and if people are making poor decisions then take advantage I say.

• Stay calm. This is a minor, insignificant, and slightly overdue price correction after a period of massive growth.

It's happened many times before - including much worse crashes last Summer - but the lesson has always been to sit tight, ride it out, and then enjoy the resurgent market hitting new heights afterwards. We're not even close to the market hitting it's capital equilibrium yet.

• what do you mean by capital equilibrium please?

• @Steve-W I understand your argument about all top players having a bad games, salah have always said will break the £10, however if Madrid does come in for him, watch the chaos, i dont think he will leave personally this year. However part of your message I think you are sugar coating, were about to enter a big trend change, the smart traders always spot these trends early and get out before they happen, and with there being such a huge rise so quick in a lot of these players, i think no one expected such huge growth, and the smarter traders are getting out while they can as to minimise lose you have to sell when theres demand, you cant sell when theres no demand and theres 1000+ players in the sell que, i would just suggest have a very hard think and have a long term lan in your head when buying these top 10 players and be aware anyone that can rise so much, can also fall a lot to, a top end buy rough moths you need to make 70p a share just to cover the spread and commission in instant sell so who ever you do buy, you have to have a long term plan in your mind, not a quick flip

• @SMacFI I seem to recall you telling everyone not to withdraw any cash and just keep pumping it in. But the way you talk now it's like your trying to encourage market panic.

• @playingcards1 said in Is nobody on here concerned?:

Stay calm. This is a minor, insignificant, and slightly overdue price correction after a period of massive growth.

It's happened many times before - including much worse crashes last Summer - but the lesson has always been to sit tight, ride it out, and then enjoy the resurgent market hitting new heights afterwards. We're not even close to the market hitting it's capital equilibrium yet.

Have to agree, dont panic sell evaluate the situation over a few days, a lot of times, you see, someone dump 1000 shares, which drops the price 10p then others panic and has a snowball effect, then a day later there back to original price, but do try think a month ahead and think what events can or will change players prices and try and make choices on what will be a players value in a months time

• @Noirx4 said in Is nobody on here concerned?:

@SMacFI I seem to recall you telling everyone not to withdraw any cash and just keep pumping it in. But the way you talk now it's like your trying to encourage market panic.

Se message below

• @SMacFI agree with all of that follow up message.

• I will always try and give a fair balanced view and my thinking for it. yes i did say few weeks ago, in reply to someone withdrawing, joking you need to be using the deposit button not the withdraw, however I didnt aim that at any player range, or startagy. But people that know me know am a bit Anti MB with i get a lot of follow up dig messages about this is jut my opinion. but I have always said its god to have a diverse profile covering a little bit of everything. So would never suggest against having an Mb player or 2 in your profile, But in balance. I read message after message on Twitter about how much profit they were up while these MB players were growing at a crazy value. Got to take the rough with the smooth, It was bad enough having to listen to all them messages, i just dont want to now listen to messages of now my profile is red for the last week. FI is now a cash cow, there are risks. Buying high value players come with high risk.

• @NewUser45842

Yeah i’m down quite a bit today too and from what you’ve described I think we have similar portfolios.

Be patient with the big MB hitters, they will come good in the long term. 2% commission on a £10 future is 20p - quite a hit to take, so worth sticking with them and riding out any storm.

I see Pogba was rubbish again today, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he lands today’s MB as a result!

• Messi down 78p in one week, Kane down 14p, Ronaldo down 30p, Griezmann down 39p, Bale down 17p, De Bruyne down 23p, Werner down 30p. Just some examples. And I haven’t even mentioned the Bayern players! You’d think they’d already been knocked out of the CL!

• No, if you are phasing capital into the market then volitility is your friend. The market most days sees growth very rarely is there a drop. The regular traders just push the money around the index. I prefer to look at tracking the whole index. Very people are fearful and selling that is normally the time to buy. Hope this helps.

• I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit, there's mass panic at work here and agree that some of it has been manufactured. So Ronaldo is down 20p, he's returned that in dividends in the past month. There's a lot of new traders on here that have joined at the worse possible time, some of who may be IS a player in red, only to get on a top riser who is at his peak, only to see red again and perpetuate their negative situation. There's people out there just waiting for the big players to hit their floor before piling in big time. Personally I've restructured somewhat over the last couple of weeks but I sure as hell ain't selling my ronny, salah, Messi, neymar, pogba, bale for love nor money. Dividend machines and we have so much treble mb coming... Let all just chill out and plan next moves rather than panic selling and buying

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.