Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?

• The only reason I make money from gambling is because I put a lot of time into revision for sports and I have a good bankroll management. I see the amount of effort some of you guys put into the index and I think you could do really well as gamblers. I think that gambling with bookmakers gets a bad rep is because people just back stupid bets like accumulators on win, lose or draw bets on football, rather than specific markets on easier sports and then are surprised when they lose. There must be people on here that could easily make money betting specific sports markets?

• @Tom7471 which markets and sports do u think are the easiest?

• @Tom7471 said in Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?:

The only reason I make money from gambling is because I put a lot of time into revision for sports and I have a good bankroll management. I see the amount of effort some of you guys put into the index and I think you could do really well as gamblers. I think that gambling with bookmakers gets a bad rep is because people just back stupid bets like accumulators on win, lose or draw bets on football, rather than specific markets on easier sports and then are surprised when they lose. There must be people on here that could easily make money betting specific sports markets?

Careful Tom, you don't want to end up banned....

• I think so and I've considered gambling with higher stakes, but the risk outweighs the reward IMO. It's just not as satisfying and more stressful than the likes of FI. Give me a 10% rise on a player over a 1/10 winner with the bookies any day!

• @Tom7471 no matter how hard i try even after lots of success my heart always gets in the way. With FI i feel no matter when i buy the player im always betting in play and feel i can read the market much better than predicting a sporting event.

The little success ive had in sports betting has always taken months of hard work which can be undone by one mistake or over confidence.

What initially lead me to Football index was actually a £500 withdrawl from my sky bet account, i won this £500 and was pretty happy but when i checked my all time profits i discovered it was plus £20 from 10+ years of traditional gambling (just casual not professional)😂😂 i wasnt impressed

2years on FI has lead me to a profit of £4800. I wont ever go back to traditional sports betting in any shape or form

• @Black-wolf said in Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?:

@Tom7471 no matter how hard i try even after lots of success my heart always gets in the way. With FI i feel no matter when i buy the player im always betting in play and feel i can read the market much better than predicting a sporting event.

The little success ive had in sports betting has always taken months of hard work which can be undone by one mistake or over confidence.

What initially lead me to Football index was actually a £500 withdrawl from my sky bet account, i won this £500 and was pretty happy but when i checked my all time profits i discovered it was plus £20 from 10+ years of traditional gambling (just casual not professional)😂😂 i wasnt impressed

2years on FI has lead me to a profit of £4800. I wont ever go back to traditional sports betting in any shape or form

I still have a dabble from time to time but probably 90% less than before i joined up with FI 2 years ago mainly to make the game more interesting >2.5 goals etc

• I did okay on tennis once and was very clued up on players and surfaces they liked, made about 2grand from 100quid started losing and was just chasing after and then lost the lot, that was my last traditional bet.
    You just never know if someone is ill or carrying an injury/personal problems and it’s one chance....
    The index is A long term bet and a game changer imo.

• I did a bit of matched betting towards the end of last year and made about £1k in a month. It's straightforward but I found it a bit of a grind, so I knocked it on the head. I was quite sceptical about the sort of returns I'd see after all the main sign up offers too.

Had some annual leave to use at work so I took the week of Cheltenham festival off and made another easy £700 matched betting that could've been more if I hadn't fucked around and got greedy, but then that element made it much more fun.

Don't really have the time at the moment for any of that malarky, but if people are ever short of a few quid then I'd recommend it as a very easy way of making some quick money.

• I haven't touched traditional sports betting since I found the index.

It took me a long time to realise that the odds were never in the favour of the punter, and the bookie never really loses.

There is a reason every second shop on the high street is a bookies. There is a reason every football teams sponsor is a betting company. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have always seen the Football Index as a safer, long term option for satisfying my desire to gamble on football. I know the level of risk has now changed massively with the removal of traditional IS, but I'm happy to continue using the platform in the hope of more positive changes in the future.

If I didn't have the football index. I would no longer gamble on football, simple as that.

• You know traditional bookies odds are massively in favour of them against the punter, and as you also know, if you're too successful in making money off them, they close your account! Not interested in lining their pockets.

• It's hard to win via online bookmakers.

I've been limited to £3 bets on Skybet, I'm not eligible for any offers on PaddyPower & people like William Hill & Ladbrokes limit you to £200 if you are staking on any minority sport that isn't Football.

I do quite well on Boxing, but find you have to resort to doing accumulators or there just isn't the liquidity, even on Betfair unless it's a Joshua fight & then there's no value in the prices.

I've cut my gambling down by probably 9/10s since I found Football Index.

I don't really bet on horse racing either as I don't tend to follow it.

• @Advinculas-Index oh me too just a one off bet every so often but not like before when i set aside my weekly gambling money and set up £50 worth of singles and accumulators. Like yourself its now just a 2.5 or BTTS with maybe a £5 stake. To be honest most the time i forget to even bother putting a bet on i just dont find it as exciting as FI

• Not for me. Not matter how much I research, use stats, use modelling, I am up against the bookies who have some of the smartest statisticians there is. It is loaded in their favour and yes, I get the odd win, but over time it is very difficult to beat them. And when you do you can get banned.

On FI all I need to do is beat some other traderss. And I have confidence that there are some traders out there who make enough baffling decisions to make money from. These are the same people who bought some 20p Belgium based Kubo. Who used to IS at 30% spreads because their player looked at their hamstring. I know which platform I prefer to be on!

• @Black-wolf said in Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?:

@Advinculas-Index oh me too just a one off bet every so often but not like before when i set aside my weekly gambling money and set up £50 worth of singles and accumulators. Like yourself its now just a 2.5 or BTTS with maybe a £5 stake. To be honest most the time i forget to even bother putting a bet on i just dont find it as exciting as FI

The best tip i ever got was at the dogs
    Always watch for the dog that has a dump before the race
    Im sure the same applies to other sports as well so i always keep an eye out for football players during the warm up to see whether they do a dump on the pitch before the match.

John Mc Ginn looks as though he's ready to "drop the kids off at the pool" so id wager hell weigh in with a goal and an assist this evening.

Sebastian Coe was always worth a punt based on this theory (thankfully there werent as many cameras trained on the runners pre race during those golden days of middle distance running in the early 80's as there are now so he always got away with it without it being captured on screen.
    Paula ratcliffe was another one but she did it during the race.............

• I probably could - after all winning say one 1/10 bet per week is going to net you significantly more returns than FI over the course of a year, even assuming you aren’t simply letting it ride and betting your whole balance each time.

It’s the enjoyment factor though that puts FI head and shoulders above. That feeling of picking an unknown gem from a non PB league and watching his progess over 2/3 years can’t be quantified. Plus I’m buzzing after £20 in divs but the same return in the bookies just doesn’t do it for me at all. It’s just such a unique product.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?:

@Black-wolf said in Do you guys think you could make money gambling if you spent as much time revising as you do with the Football Index?:

@Advinculas-Index oh me too just a one off bet every so often but not like before when i set aside my weekly gambling money and set up £50 worth of singles and accumulators. Like yourself its now just a 2.5 or BTTS with maybe a £5 stake. To be honest most the time i forget to even bother putting a bet on i just dont find it as exciting as FI

The best tip i ever got was at the dogs
    Always watch for the dog that has a dump before the race
    Im sure the same applies to other sports as well so i always keep an eye out for football players during the warm up to see whether they do a dump on the pitch before the match.

John Mc Ginn looks as though he's ready to "drop the kids off at the pool" so id wager hell weigh in with a goal and an assist this evening.

Sebastian Coe was always worth a punt based on this theory (thankfully there werent as many cameras trained on the runners pre race during those golden days of middle distance running in the early 80's as there are now so he always got away with it without it being captured on screen.
    Paula ratcliffe was another one but she did it during the race.............

Hmmmm,

Didn't Gary Lineker score at the 1990 World Cup after shitein himself on the pitch?💩

This could have some substance this ... 🤣🤔

• I feel unusual in the sense that I have almost no interest in traditional gambling - I'm in my thirties so have has plenty of opportunity. I actually see FI as an alternative to Fantasy PL, instead of my time being sunk into no financial reward, at least here I can win some divs! Dunno if I'll make much ultimately but I have enjoyed it thus far too.

• In play football Betting was also ruining the game for me, just small tenner bets chasing a winner or an equaliser in the second half or something, it literally ruins your experience as a fan.
    The index has changed this as you can still get the high of a pb win or close plus potential capp app from a player you own with the safety net of the 3 year bet.
    It really is a unique product imo.

• @MickTurbo boxing is very easy but any sport where it is one Vs one I find the easiest, tennis, golf 2 balls and snooker.

• @Dan-The-Man hahahahaha