Can we trust the matrix scores?

• There seems to be a few weird things with the matrix scores recently like Kai apparently only getting 186 yet he won with 202 yesterday. There was also controversy before with previous scores a few days ago which got corrected. Does anyone check these scores? I would like to check gundogan just incase his 196 was 203 last night as it would be nice for some divs as I can't sell him to market.

• @Tom7471 They wouldn’t pay out on Gündoğan now anyway. It wouldn’t be an FI error. It’s on opta.

• @Tom7471 I think this just goes to prove that fi shouldn't be paying divs out at the time they do, make it midday of the following day and allow themselves/opta to check the numbers and ensure they are correct before making the payments.

Im sure that most people would be happy to wait an extra 12 hours if they have the knowledge then that there is absolutely no chance of an error in the scores

• I've mentioned several times on the forum that I believe the index should make available the full PB score breakdown of every player for every game.

Clearly if they can calculate the PB scores and assign a total, then surely the punter should have access to this information in order to achieve full transparency.

Considering the amount of money some folk have in the platform, I'm surprised that others are not as vocal in wishing to see a players PB score breakdown provided by the platform.

So to answer your question. No, I don't fully trust the current PB scoring system as I cannot manually verify its accuracy with 100% certainty.

• @johnboywalker It would be great if you could click a players PB score inplay and see a breakdown of his current score. I've not looked but i assume it is possible to view Opta stats as the game is being played.

• I don’t think they can change to a later than midnight payment. The tension of watching the table when you are leading with a player from an early kickoff or watching a midfielder you have clock up point by point pass by pass and gaining on the leader would disappear.

It would be like a bet on the horses and not watching the race. You can do it but it’s not as exciting.

• @AJH1982 said in Can we trust the matrix scores?:

@johnboywalker It would be great if you could click a players PB score inplay and see a breakdown of his current score. I've not looked but i assume it is possible to view Opta stats as the game is being played.

I can't see why it is not available ...

Surely if they can calculate the score mid game and provide us with a total, then we should be able to see the workings behind the score?

• @johnboywalker I don't know about these things but could it be down to computing power, website speed etc. Maybe it is all available and will be added when they can implement it smoothly

• @AJH1982 sofascore does it, and pre-COVID when there might have been 20+ leagues having simultaneous games on a saturday, it generates the in game actions for all of them. FI has only the 5 leagues to manage so it has to be achievable surely? Although FI does have an awful lot of other plates spinning which SS doesnt so maybe that's a reason, but it's definitely something they should be working towards

• @AJH1982 @johnboywalker yeh other footy sites do this for their scores, it has got about a 5 minute lag, but you see the points clocking up on your players and the reasons behind them its interesting to watch alongside a live game.

Surely there is scope for this to happen on FI, would be a good improvement.

Does anyone use the improvement feedback bubble thing on the website? I use it all the time- will mention this, but imagine the more the merrier.

• @Westy Where is the improvement bubble thingy?

• @AJH1982 bottom right corner...little blue speech bubble

I mainly tell them how to help the ocd with better drop down functions for sorting portfolio- the app lets you select 'for sale' the website doesnt, find it very hard to quickly cancel a sale or see whos up for sale on website...so feel free to mention that too 😉

• @Westy Agreed. Ability to order by sell queue, nationality, league, position would be helpful. Plus 24hr, 7 day and all time profit loss for each player in your portfolio. Will suggest them.
    We can't have pinned posts in the forum can we? Would be good to have an up to date feedback suggestion post that FI might read from time to time

• There needs to be more transparency and accountability of scores. Rather than just an overall score FI needs to show a breakdown.

1. The community will be able to quickly authenticate the score and point out errors that FI should be able to fix before the deadline

2. Increase trust in the scores, especially when there are constant errors.

• @NewUser607503 didnt i do a pb matirx transparency thread like the mb one? sure i did, mus tbe on here somewhere?

• @Westy In the tutorial error their is a breakdown of + 10 points for XYZ.

But what is needed is a breakdown on the points the player scored, I.E was KDB only awarded points for his assists and no goal points, That means the value is wrong. ECT.

• @NewUser607503 yeh thats what other footy sites are already showing in (pretty much) real time, so FI can do it if they want.

• @johnboywalker said in Can we trust the matrix scores?:

I've mentioned several times on the forum that I believe the index should make available the full PB score breakdown of every player for every game.

Clearly if they can calculate the PB scores and assign a total, then surely the punter should have access to this information in order to achieve full transparency.

Considering the amount of money some folk have in the platform, I'm surprised that others are not as vocal in wishing to see a players PB score breakdown provided by the platform.

So to answer your question. No, I don't fully trust the current PB scoring system as I cannot manually verify its accuracy with 100% certainty.

I suggested this again within the recent survey