Another Opta/FI mess

• Havertz's score from last night has now been corrected to 189 and KDB's to 203. Therefore KDB should have won 16p a share. However as FI impose a ridiculous and completely unnecessary deadline of 12am, KDB owners have been robbed.

16p a share is a lot of money...

Recently FI were more than happy to claim back the mistaken pay out of media for Pogba/Bruno, cannot see them doing the same for this situation strangely...

• @NewUser507842 said in Another Opta/FI mess:

Havertz's score from last night has now been corrected to 189 and KDB's to 203. Therefore KDB should have won 16p a share. However as FI impose a ridiculous and completely unnecessary deadline of 12am, KDB owners have been robbed.

16p a share is a lot of money...

Recently FI were more than happy to claim back the mistaken pay out of media for Pogba/Bruno, cannot see them doing the same for this situation strangely...

In relation to the score being corrected, where has that information came from?

What caused the change in score?

• @NewUser507842 They can’t take the Havertz payment back as they didn’t do it for the Espanyol player when Alba won. They should’ve done it then, but can’t do it occasionally depending on how much it costs them.
    Better still delay payment until 9am when everything’s settled and been clarified.

• How do you know the score has been corrected? We can't see the full list of scores after midnight has passed can we?

• Scores come from OPTA, they corrected it after the deadline - https://twitter.com/IcebergIndex/status/1273544131244146689

• Didn't they correct something recently the day after?

• @Westy said in Another Opta/FI mess:

Didn't they correct something recently the day after?

Alba won Def PB, over some 20p Espanyol guy, having previously been missing the CS bonus due to OPTA omission, after game finished around 11pm.

Any chance they could either drop Sterling (who played for about 2 hours) by a couple of points or bump Dabbur (70 mins) upwards, would really appreciate it!!

Whilst they're at it, if they could give Hawk eye/VAR a kicking for missing my Norwood goal IPD's then that would be grand!

• @Geronimo159387 thats the one- setting a most recent precedent then that they will correct issues even after the deadline made with a purpose of not changing pay outs the following day...another inconsistency to have to second guess what they will do.

• Guys,

Can we not jump all over every error that has occurred? It seems that for every 2 or 3 threads created to chat about football - there is one (may only be my perception, so please creater of the thread - this is not a go at you) having a tiny pop in some way about FI.

Today we have had this, and also the age rule about same scores.

Its clear that they use a 2nd party and its clear that the rule is a set time - this will be in place so we know the score.

FI has its faults - but to jump on everything just 'feels' like there is an agenda at the moment.

Again - owner of this thread - this is not directed 100% at you - but I have written this on yours. Im just getting tired of feeling like im reading negative stuff all the time when there is so much good stuff written on here.

Tell me if I'm wrong, or reading too much into things, and if so I will stick my head back down and bite my tongue.

This place is slowly chipping away at my give a fook meter.

• @Westy in their defence, the alba one was noticed straight away and they would have been alerted to this by the Twitter masses before midnight. Not saying it's right or wrong, but there's definitely a difference in the circumstances.

• @Millerman Agree. Although I have felt more general positivity on the forum over the last few days, especially with the return of the PL.

• This is an Opta error not FI. FI clearly say scores paid out as 12pm. They have to draw the line somewhere. Yes it is frustrating but again. Opta issue. Maybe FI could extend the deadline to say 9am. But this issue could still arise.

The Sheffield United goal was a monumental cock up. It won’t be retrospectively awarded. Sometimes shit happens.

• This post is deleted!

• Can some on here just have a little more patience and stop panicking like mad every time something needs correcting. You’re giving the platform a bad reputation which is good for none of us. FI always sort everything so calm down won’t you! FI has paid out in accordance with the rules it’s set and can’t be held accountable if OPTA amend things after the deadline.

• @Millerman said in Another Opta/FI mess:

Guys,

Can we not jump all over every error that has occurred? It seems that for every 2 or 3 threads created to chat about football - there is one (may only be my perception, so please creater of the thread - this is not a go at you) having a tiny pop in some way about FI.

Today we have had this, and also the age rule about same scores.

Its clear that they use a 2nd party and its clear that the rule is a set time - this will be in place so we know the score.

FI has its faults - but to jump on everything just 'feels' like there is an agenda at the moment.

Again - owner of this thread - this is not directed 100% at you - but I have written this on yours. Im just getting tired of feeling like im reading negative stuff all the time when there is so much good stuff written on here.

Tell me if I'm wrong, or reading too much into things, and if so I will stick my head back down and bite my tongue.

This place is slowly chipping away at my give a fook meter.

Your right mate, its getting tedious to say the least.

• If you note the Jordi Alba error. They haven’t paid it as dividends. It’s come as a cash bonus or something in transaction history. He hasn’t had dividends added to his player total and/or my total divs amount. It is as though they have paid on a clear and obvious error. He had won, it was on show and then there has been a systems fault. I suggest they will say they have made a good will gesture to correct the issue.

I don’t know how Opta do the stats in running, do the really have people watching each game adding it up as they go along? But one persons clear chance missed is another’s shot off target. They might review and change at a later date as the FA do when rescinding bookings etc.

It’s not perfect but it’s the rules and it was the rules before all yesterday’s games kicked off.

• Agree a rule is a rule and should be followed...but any precedents set then breaking their own rule should also then be followed and perhaps the rule reviewed. Doesn't matter if its a clean sheet error or a misplaced pass error its players performing to their matrix and with their deal with OPTA, these have been going on for ages with no progress on the matter whilst traders who may have bought KDB yesterday betting he'd win go unrewarded...Yes the error is OPTAs but the judgement is FIs.

If they stuck to their rule then fine, but the Alba payout muddies the water again even when they've tried to make a clear rule. They just cant help themselves sometimes.

• To answer someone’s question earlier, yes opta use real people watching games who manually tot up the score in-game.
    It’s clear that opta need to get their house in order just as much as FI does

• They need to clearly need to move the time they pay out at a later time if this is gunna keep on happening,as this is the second time since football has come back
    They advertise that the bet u place for pb is who is the actually best that day for the matrix and not how long opta take to work it
    They are a Tier 1 gambling company now so Shud act like one and pay out the correct outcome every time