David Luiz highlight reel from last night

• Stolen from Twitter
    alt text

• Poor bloke. Taking all the flak today for Arsenal being shit, but they're shit even when he's not playing.

• @Advinculas-Index 不不不不不不不不不滕滕滕滕

• The real worry and the concern Id have as Arteta (great manager) or as an Arsenal fan is that the board at Arsenal are totally clueless. For a decade now its been obvious they need a big rebuild but their biggest issue by a country mile is their defence (it would even struggle in the Championship). Yet whenever they spend proper money its on midfielders and forwards. On that very rare occasion they buy a defender its someone cheap, unproven or nowhere near the standard they need.

All of their efforts should be on sorting their defence or they can forget silverware and having anything but a yearly struggle to scrape into Europe.

• It's funny because it's true

• @Erased-Citizen said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

The real worry and the concern Id have as Arteta (great manager) or as an Arsenal fan is that the board at Arsenal are totally clueless. For a decade now its been obvious they need a big rebuild but their biggest issue by a country mile is their defence (it would even struggle in the Championship). Yet whenever they spend proper money its on midfielders and forwards. On that very rare occasion they buy a defender its someone cheap, unproven or nowhere near the standard they need.

All of their efforts should be on sorting their defence or they can forget silverware and having anything but a yearly struggle to scrape into Europe.

As a fan, I honestly think we're following the Leipzig model. Give youth a chance, and this attracts the top youth... I am personally very excited about the project as I can already see how good our youth prospects are - but it will require some patience... I think Arteta is the right man for the job

• if we offer him an extension il go watch Weymouth every week instead.

• Whilst you gooners are on here
    What's your stance on Arsenal Fan T.V MR DT etc

@Baydog @Westy

• @Advinculas-Index im too old to watch that..is it on the BBC?

• @Advinculas-Index

I only use Arseblog, and the guys at Arsenal TV are not discussed in high regards. I don't really know what it is to be honest, I don't even use Youtube let alone Arsenal fan tv

• Ive got to say, Arsenal now remind me of late 90s-early 00s Tottenham so much.
    Pathetic, flimsy, break under even the slightest of pressure, no real direction. Sign old dogs one minute, next minute try to produce the youngsters.

• @Baydog you're a very optimistic person! I think Arsenal are so so far off of it, and the gap is only going to get bigger this summer. A real chance Auba leaves this summer, there was a premier league table of if you took his goals away and Arsenal would be in the bottom 3...if that isn't a massive worry then I don't know what is! I don't know what is going on with their finances but they seem broke, having to spread the Pepe payments over multiple years. They seem to sign average players and then wonder why they aren't amazing especially defenders (Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac etc)

• Leno
    Bellerin, ? , Saliba , Tierney
    ? , ?
    ?
    Saka, Auba, Pepe

Only need a few signings...

• Lads lads lads, trust in old baydog. I can see what they are doing. We made a financial loss this year, that is not good. Our owner is a fucking joke. But I do think there is a project in place.
    There is similarity between what Spurs did under Poch - he'd built his reputation developing youth at Southampton - and continued in at Spurs (Harry Kane was given his debut early doors by Poch).
    If you build a certain reputation for trusting in youth, you in turn can attract the best low cost youth. We are not flush financially, so I think it is a decent strategy working within the current parameters. We have Saliba who has just joined us. He is going to make a big difference. We attracted Guendozi in the face of significant competition. Name me another team in the prem who has a list of youth prospects even close to Arsenal's Academy graduates?
    We will be able to attract the best of the best because we are not afraid to play them. It will hurt our chances of success for a year or tow minimum, but in a few years this crop of talent will be 23/24 and we'll probably sell them all to give Ozil a ten year extension

• @Westy said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

@Advinculas-Index im too old to watch that..is it on the BBC?

you tube

• @Advinculas-Index said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

@Westy said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

@Advinculas-Index im too old to watch that..is it on the BBC?

you tube

Well there's no need for that

• @Baydog said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

@Erased-Citizen said in David Luiz highlight reel from last night:

The real worry and the concern Id have as Arteta (great manager) or as an Arsenal fan is that the board at Arsenal are totally clueless. For a decade now its been obvious they need a big rebuild but their biggest issue by a country mile is their defence (it would even struggle in the Championship). Yet whenever they spend proper money its on midfielders and forwards. On that very rare occasion they buy a defender its someone cheap, unproven or nowhere near the standard they need.

As a fan, I honestly think we're following the Leipzig model. Give youth a chance, and this attracts the top youth... I am personally very excited about the project as I can already see how good our youth prospects are - but it will require some patience... I think Arteta is the right man for the job

Hes certainly the right man for the job and they do have some good youth coming through but you have to mix some quality and experience in with it, especially at the back. I think I could score a goal against Arsenal at present.

• @Baydog that made me laugh more than it should have

Lads lads lads, trust in old baydog. I can see what they are doing. We made a financial loss this year, that is not good. Our owner is a fucking joke. But I do think there is a project in place.
    There is similarity between what Spurs did under Poch - he'd built his reputation developing youth at Southampton - and continued in at Spurs (Harry Kane was given his debut early doors by Poch).
    If you build a certain reputation for trusting in youth, you in turn can attract the best low cost youth. We are not flush financially, so I think it is a decent strategy working within the current parameters. We have Saliba who has just joined us. He is going to make a big difference. We attracted Guendozi in the face of significant competition. Name me another team in the prem who has a list of youth prospects even close to Arsenal's Academy graduates?
    We will be able to attract the best of the best because we are not afraid to play them. It will hurt our chances of success for a year or tow minimum, but in a few years this crop of talent will be 23/24 and we'll probably sell them all to give Ozil a ten year extension

So Arsenal have fallen to the levels of following Southamptons model...do you not think top teams will just come and cherry pick your talent as has happened in the past? Fabregas, RVP, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Nasri etc. I dont get the idea of oh well, well be shit for 4 years but its okay cause weve got youngsters, every chance Arsenal can attract the top youngsters but dont be surprised if they sack Arsenal off once a top club comes calling. Wasnt that long ago Arsenal fans said they had another golden generation of youngsters Bellerin, Walcott, Coquelin, Lansbury etc

Name me another team in the prem who has a list of youth prospects even close to Arsenal's Academy graduates?

Chelsea for one but I do agree with you about once you play youth the younger players will want to join.