Some advice please....

• Stay or go is the question....

Been here since January, I’ll admit that I have over traded and jumped around different tactics, but many of my purchases were bought on the assumption that I’d be able to instant sell as a get out, obviously that’s not such a thing now, so I feel lumbered with around 60% of a portfolio dropping in price and no one wanting to buy at market sell.
    Every time I log in, my portfolio has dropped in price so I’m thinking is now the time to jump ship, sell up and cut my losses, or ride this out on the assumption that some kind of magic spell will be cast by Adam Cole and reinvigorate my portfolio?
    I believe I’ve bought good players who I thought I’d be able to sell for a profit, but that just seems a million miles away at the minute.
    Any advice appreciated, there’s definitely some good people on here and I’ve taken plenty of good pointers from here over the last few months...cheers!

• @RichardOsman Hello mate, who have you got in your portfolio? I'll give you my thoughts when I know who we're dealing with.

• I’m suffering with having a few too many Bundesliga players left over, Alaba, Muller, Plea, Bensabaini and Poulsom, all good players with varying plus points....main holds are Zaniolo Fred, Maguire, Coman and Almeda, followed by various young up and coming players and possible players who could get moved to PB leagues this summer. Then quite a few 50p to 70p ‘bargains’ like Dubois, Coady and Wober.

• There are another three stages of the matching engine still to be launched, based on what they said on the recent podcast. So much could still change, my advice would be to wait and see what the Index looks like when the ME project is fully implemented. If you leave now you’ll be gutted if the market is totally invigorated once the full engine is live.

• @RichardOsman I agree with @Coleyscrooge - unless you need the cash right now I don't see any major causes for concern in there. Hang tight! All your main holds have promise. I just bought more Muller today (bargain!)

• Cheers, good reassuring words, which I guess is what I was hoping for! Just annoying to see a falling profit every day, despite football ‘being back’ and holding some decent players...I do have a few 30p to 50p players too, I take someone like Stefen at Wolfsburg, I’ve watched him play, he’s a tidy player, gets an odd goal and assist and Swiss international but I see his ‘exit’ price earlier on buds was 17p! I just don’t get it!

• @RichardOsman I feel the same as the other lads, you've mentioned you over traded, take this opportunity to bring some patience into your game. Even if IS to FI was there would you want to use it on the players you have, they sound like good holds. Give it time, allow the next stages of ME to be implemented and see what this gives you.

• @RichardOsman everyone's losing on BL players at present but theyll be first back in late August so theyll then be on trend again, ride it out, you'll be glad u did

• Patience🙌👍

• @RichardOsman said in Some advice please....:

I’m suffering with having a few too many Bundesliga players left over, Alaba, Muller, Plea, Bensabaini and Poulsom, all good players with varying plus points....main holds are Zaniolo Fred, Maguire, Coman and Almeda, followed by various young up and coming players and possible players who could get moved to PB leagues this summer. Then quite a few 50p to 70p ‘bargains’ like Dubois, Coady and Wober.

assuming that you haven't overstretched yourself financially... and speaking specifically about the Bundesliga players you have

It would probably be the worst time to sell your Bundesliga players at the moment as they are near to or at the bottom of a dip.

They were the first ones to get the love from traders a few weeks back so naturally as newer shinier toys have become en vogue the BPL players are currently unfashionable, however, the cycle will change back again especially for those clubs still involved in the European comps in August.

There will come a point when the EPL players become inflated and traders will inevitably look for decent PB holds elsewhere.

The oft repeated quote also rings true as well, if the reasons that you purchased them are still valid then your better off sticking with them for now.

• Nobody is feeling great on the index at the minute but there's no need to panic. They aren't soft, they listen. And sentiment at the moment is probably the lowest I've seen in my 2 years here but I'm not worried. I have faith they things will turn around.
    The moaning can tend to drag everyone down but I see it in a more positive light - it isn't just one or two traders, if you look on Twitter I haven't seen hardly ANY positive tweets today. It's not just about the KDB issue last night either.
    There are growing number of dissenting voices. From BIG accounts too.
    Fi surely must be aware of current sentiment.

Something will kickstart the index again soon, don't worry.

And a good hold is a good hold. Those Bundesliga ones will rise again in a couple of months 👍🏻

• @RichardOsman Plenty of good holds there and numerous chances for divs. I don’t think you’ve anything to gain from selling up at this stage unless you really need the money.

On the Bundesliga players - the majority have dropped because it’s almost the end of the season but remember it’s back again in no time and some of those guys still have games in Europe to play.

Instead of chasing trends, try betting against the market and buying into players who have dipped - Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are great value right now.

• @RichardOsman sell on spikes not on the dip. If you plan to leave market list and sell as spreads narrow. If you sell on this dip you’ll be accepting prices at lot lower than you need to. If you really do want to leave though remember this when the market rises as this is the best time to sell, most will be too happy to see their port rise that they change their minds and decide to stay

Always remember a market cant just continually rise, its healthy to have dips but is always why dividends are so important.

• @RichardOsman said in Some advice please....:

I’m suffering with having a few too many Bundesliga players left over, Alaba, Muller, Plea, Bensabaini and Poulsom, all good players with varying plus points....main holds are Zaniolo Fred, Maguire, Coman and Almeda, followed by various young up and coming players and possible players who could get moved to PB leagues this summer. Then quite a few 50p to 70p ‘bargains’ like Dubois, Coady and Wober.

You have a similar portfolio as myself. I wouldnt be worried with those players, im not and the dips havent been enough to get me concerned

• @RichardOsman
    Some advice. I have been on here 3 years or so and there has always been seasonal trends. Around March every year PB type players get sold off in preparation for the summer. In a World Cup year, players not in the World Cup will be sold for those that are. Transfer spec. Players are bought. And then the opposite happens at the end of the summer.

Covid obviously has messed up the cycles but that is what you are seeing with the Bundesliga. The ME is irrelevant to this. It would be happening regardless.

You have missed the trend. Instead of worrying about it, learn from it. A lot of these trends are predictible so you either play them. Sell before the sell offs and buy back before the buy backs. Or just let it play out and don't worry about price fluctuations just now.

The cheap players are another matter. Most players with no IS were basically bad buys. Learn from it. You are buying bets. If a player is unlikely to win dividends then it's like making a bet you k know won't win, they were always bad bets just bets that the house was irrationally buying back previously. Don't complain, learn from it. Even these are going to have their day sooner or later. IPDs will be more relevant when there are more stable seasons not ending shortly. If these players have any value at all then there will be decent exit points.

For the 3+ years there have been untold crisis with people apparently quitting the index. Black Friday (when we found out non top 200 players could win pb), IPDs both spring to mind and saw the forum rammed with people queuing to quit. Whether they did or not I have no idea but everyone who stayed has seen the index keep climbing and their profits rising. Before the forum even existed there were other crisises which down the line ended up as small blips.

So it's up to you. Guessing people who quit over this sort of thing regretted it though.

• @RichardOsman

The platform is in a period of transition.

We are reaching a point in the road where if things remains as they are for too much longer, then many people will leave for good.

But rest assured that if our portfolios all fail, then the entire platform will too. I don't see that being allowed to happen.

They are currently only a third of the way through the biggest change in the history of the platform. Maybe they won't get it right first time, but they will get it right in the end.

If you believe in the football index concept, then have faith that those running the show will eventually figure it out and get us back on track.

Our interests are aligned. In order for the platform to be successful, traders need to be enjoying it, which ultimately means, traders need to be making money.

This isn't the first time we have seen mass concern and discontent amongst the users. It won't be the last.

I appreciate it can be frustrating to see your 'profits' dwindle on a daily basis.

My advice would be to wait it out. See how the platform looks over the next few months when the next stages of the matching engine/order books are implemented.

Leave now and definitely lose money or wait a few months and potentially lose money ...

I for one, will wait as long as it takes. The platform is too good an idea to fail.👍

• All great advice, many thanks!

I’m in no financial rush to sell up, I guess the frustration of seeing a decreasing portfolio after spending hours planning ‘good’ purchases gas just boiled up this past week or so.

It’s good to hear people saying be patient, I will be! It just seems like you should be doing something while your portfolio decreases before your eyes!

I’ll leave things be, taking a watching brief while keeping an eye on the forum, thanks again, goes to prove this forum is frequented by some decent people! 👍🏼

• @ScouseGeldof I agree. I’ve never seen sentiment so low in nearly two years. At least in October it was just the singular issue of dividends which they addressed quite swiftly. Right now there are just so many issues upsetting people, the majority of which have been FI induced so I do believe it’s on them to turn sentiment. I am confident they will, they always have before.

• A lot of positivity here which is very reassuring, any twitches of activity from AC and the high heid yins to get the market going again? I assumed it would pick up organically as EPL returned but if anything it's the opposite.

• The Outcome of Black Friday was doubling PB dividends. If they do that again, fair to say market will rocket.

Remember that vividly. Was in Shrewsbury on day out with my girlfriend so couldn't do anything. Didn't have anywhere near as money in it at the time though but was a proper 'Oh no' moment. Every PB player crashed.