A quick reminder

1. Stop talking about 'crashes' and 'panic sells'. Fear breeds fear- your sensationalism is only hurting your own portfolio by driving people to sell, calm the f*ck down.
    2. It's only a loss when you sell. I, and many others, have seen MUCH worse. Trust me, this is nothing but a little bump. It's actually a good thing, because...
    3. Now you get the chance to buy the players you already believed in at a knockdown price!

Swings and roundabouts, people. A massive part of this game is mentality.

• I hear ya they make out a player turns crap over night

• @CleanShirtTrader ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Lol but on the flip side all you guys bragging about how much profit you been making in the last few weeks, works both ways, everyone pumping MB players who's laughing now. Have been beating this drum for ages only to get shot down, whats them 3 words again, anyways my profile is booming, funny old world, cmon the index, and it will get worse before it gets better as well as an added bonus, and were no where close to the WC bloodbath yet

• When players like Ronaldo/Salah/Kane are over £9 is no wonder people have cashed out a bit to reinvest somewhere else. You have to take your profits at some point.

I got burned like this on Rashford last year when Ibra got injured I had Rashford at £3.00 and just watched him soar to over £5 and I sat on it too long in the end I instant sold him for about £3.40 .

Sell high buy low.

• @NewUser60527 my philosophy has always been to buy low and sell high but that doesn't mean buying players at the top end is wrong. I've already made loads out of neymar and salah. It's about buying the right players at the right time.

I agree buying cheap players can be a great tactic and has been for me but just because of this little slump it doesn't mean everyone has to crap themselves or people to start to start saying I told you so either.

• Agree with most of what you said however

"Its only a loss when you sell" is a damaging thought strategy to use imo

Holding on to bad trades in the red for ages until they swing back around/ if they swing back around! is a bad habit that will actually cost you money in the long run

• @Stevo This is vey true, how ever i took enough shit before trying to point this out, i think i can justify my 2ps worth now , but am sure it will only be a temp crash and everyone will be back on song soon enough.

• I bought Salah on friday for £9.06 im now holding at £9.40 odd with a clear exit plan in mind

I also bought perez for 71p sold at 83p

Value is buying a player who will be worth more in the future buy price doesnt matter its about money managment.

Buy low sell high

• @TradingJournal yeah exactly. But buying salah for over £9 isn't exactly buying low. It's about buying AND selling at the right time.
    Don't just sell a player cos you see them fall a few pence.

However I agree with your point about it sometimes being a better tactic to sell when in the red if you see a better opportunity to reinvest elsewhere and make it back a lot quicker. I've learned that by holding on to rashford all year as well! However I still believe rashford will come good again. I just wish I'd sold and bought 200 salah but that's the way it goes.

I don't see any justification for people selling someone like griezzman right now and that's when I don't really care cos I don't own him just making the point.

• @SMacFI said in A quick reminder:

Lol but on the flip side all you guys bragging about how much profit you been making in the last few weeks, works both ways, everyone pumping MB players who's laughing now. Have been beating this drum for ages only to get shot down, whats them 3 words again, anyways my profile is booming, funny old world, cmon the index, and it will get worse before it gets better as well as an added bonus, and were no where close to the WC bloodbath yet

Most of the players who have dropped are PB players.

• @mike778 Not even looked, just been reading the comments, however being on it all night and reply to messages when i really need to sleep prob never is the best of ideas, see you all on the flip side

• @Stevo some good points there stevo,

buying Salah in the grand scheme of the market is maybe not buying low but in a value sense he was low compared to what he is worth at the time

• @SMacFI
    Really? You hadn't mentioned this already on every other thread haha

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.