Werners true value any thoughts

• Werner seems to be free falling what's your thoughts guys?

• @NewUser267873 said in Werners true value any thoughts:

Werner seems to be free falling what's your thoughts guys?

His media is most likely gone until the new season then his price depends on performance.
    This is the index for you, many cases lots of rises are due to the hype and build up of a move - you hit the jackpot if a player turns into pb machine at the New club but at the end of day its a gamble.
    Imo he will continue to drop and then its anyone’s guess, a hatrick on the first day of the season and he jumps a pound🤔
    Doesn’t score for 3 games and he will drop more...

• These are the top priced players for Chelsea
    Now when you take away the young+English inflation effect why would you think that Timo Werner is going to be worth nearly twice as much as most of the rest of the squad.? -

Also factor in the amount of competition he will have for set pieces (e.g Ziyech) his PB wins will be far and few between.

Personally (based on todays prices) i see him settling at around £4.20 - £4.50

This is not an attempt to put a downer on the investment btw as im quite prepared to explore the possibility of trying to get on him through the ME on the cheap but im still not seeing the value even with the drop he has already suffered.

It also sounds like they are going to spend big on additional transfers (Havertz for example) which will further dilute his PB/MB potential even within the confines of his club

0_1592642040248_upload-49bbb771-e382-4c66-968b-ae87c547f93f

• Most Bundesliga players are dropping atm but he could end up a goldmine if he settles in well at Chelsea and it's likely he'll pick up some PB's. Chelsea look like they are going for it next season...I hope Lampard is up to the job!

• Look at both forwards who are joining Chelsea one is 3.18 yet a bit older and one is 5.91
    I see more upside in the cheaper player personally

• A lot depends on what you think Chelsea can achieve next season.

The comparisons to the prices of the rest of the Chelsea team are overstated in my opinion. There is no where near the certainty that Abraham can be a world class striker. Werner is one of the best strikers in the world, more high profile than arguably any Chelsea player in the PL except maybe Kante, but unlike Kante, Werner suits PB.

Werner should comfortably be the most expensive player in this team, except maybe Gilmour because of the youth bubble (not that I’m saying he’s worth £5-£6 yet). This drops logical, cause he’s not going to earn much media, and the BL is ending and he’s missing out on Champions League with RB Leipzig. But a good few games with Chelsea and he’ll rocket, if he starts well then he’ll really rocket.

He’s also Germany’s best striker, that counts for something too with the Euros and the World Cup. I still value him at £6.

• He’s only dropping because people are adding to the sell queue. Once he bangs in a hat-trick and is close to starting for Chelsea then he’ll be onwards to £10 by the Euros I’m sure of it. This is a temporary blip in a market lull.

• Best case scenario sky is the limit

Worst case scenario I'll leave that to others

• He's gonna fall,

ALOT.

No media attention now as the move and the back and forth is done (and no more 5 places that kept his price high)

More competition in the league so his PB is gonna be less overall. Their are very few easy win high performance teams in the premier league.

More competition to actually get minutes, I think its unlikely he's even a starter next year he could very well be looking at Pulsic minutes. Abraham is still gonna be the main man, if anything Werners fall could be Tammy gain.

• @NewUser607503 said in Werners true value any thoughts:

, I think its unlikely he's even a starter next year he could very well be looking at Pulsic minutes.

@TeamGB said in Werners true value any thoughts:

He’s only dropping because people are adding to the sell queue. Once he bangs in a hat-trick and is close to starting for Chelsea then he’ll be onwards to £10 by the Euros I’m sure of it.

I think youve both jumped the shark there for opposing reasons

• @NewUser607503 I'm sorry but I have to disagree, he will be the first name on the team sheet. They haven't spent that money for someone to prop up the subs bench.

I may add I have a concern as bought at the height of the market and could really have done with some liquid cash but long term what is not to like??? Especially as being Germany's main outlet for several years to come.

• Werner and Gilmour are by a long way my biggest holds, time will tell.

• Werner is one the rare forwards that has a decent pb game. On top of that he is a regular scorer and Germany’s golden boy.
    Add to the mix that Chelsea are resurgent again (in the transfer market anyway) and euros next summer.
    Oh yeah he’s also a great age for FI.

I’m a long term holder and will keep topping up as his price drops.

• If Chelsea qualify for the CL I think he’ll rise before next season but I’m not sure he’s bottomed out yet.

• Pb after change of clubs is difficult to gauge. New system means its very difficult to gauge what he will do point wise. The highest Chelsea player atm is £3.67.

£4 seems a fair valuation at the moment till we have seen him play for Chelsea and what scores he will get.

• @King-Fergus He has also improved his all round game this year with adding more assists....My suspicion is Lampard will set up similar to Liverpool next year with Werner, Ziyech and Abraham...time will tell.

• He’s a great player, 25+ goals next season easy.... one of the best about, wish he’d gone Citeh or United tho, perfect for them, would have scored 40 at City ! Having said that he’s been poor in his last three games missed a few, maybe down to the move that tho

• @Die-Eisernen 40 at City 🤣 He does remind me a bit of Aguero though