Quick Rant

• I have been on here a few years now and at the moment how things are On here are a right shambles worst since I’ve been trading I’m not gona go on about Footstock or other sites but had a look the other night to compare a few The index has been going for a good while now and should have made steady steps to keep the platform as structured as possible to keep a Lot of people on here/investing/ new traders. Before anyone says order books I like the idea but to make it a viable you have to have market buy, order buy, market sell order sell like footstock without this in place the market will generally drift down now. What in my eyes they should have done get this season out of the way then bring in a full system at a later date rather than a one way system. By doing what they have done is poor form. Was a wise move increasing the spreads to hold money in the platform few months back but Wiped there hands pretty much of all risk in the business. But I can see why totally did this if you can’t ipo a new player or get divs right the simple stuff what chance have they got order books weren’t done for us they were done because the system can’t cope with the selling or buying in huge amounts fact look at CHO or Neymar few years back.
    Rather than a deposit bonus or shitty comps should have sorted a lot of stuff out.

Rant over.!

• gold match day yesterday footie 159.

• @NewUser182678
    I don’t really look at that as Can’t get profit/losses correct so what makes you think that’s correct? they’ll pop that in there to say it’s up to give certain people a bit of hope.

• It's a complete mess at the moment. Everyone thinks they have done so well with increasing the spreads and halting instant sell but I think they got it all wrong. They should have increased the spreads and let desperate people get out because most people wouldn't have sold at massive spreads and then we would have put it on hold until when football was back and it would have been back to normal. Now a lot of people feel that they have been robbed of there instant sell and can't get out of bad holds. My biggest concern with FI is how little Adam cole and and the boys at the top know about there own product and what an impact there words have on the market. He comes across very arrogant in his product to me.

• @Tom7471 not saying you're wrong, but we have big spreads on some players now and people still complaining, so not convinced that from the outset would have gone down well either.

I don't think they could have done much more to protect themselves and therefore us. Most seem to be at an all-time high profit whereas it's been carnage on the stock market.

Doesn't give them carte blanche to do what they want to do moving forward and clearly there are things they could have done better but I think they were spot on with suspending IS and the introduction of the first phase of the ME has given the desperate few a chance to cash out.

• For the first time in 2 years on FI I deposited £50 yesterday

...in my Pokerstars account 😐

For 2 years nearly, FI has kept me engaged and enthralled in both football and my investments (and more importantly away from proper gambling).

But something just isn't right at the moment. I didn't watch a single premier league game yesterday! Wasn't interested whether Skov could hang on for defender divs (usually I would watch any game and track the PB charts). Turns out he didn't but I'm not bothered - I think all the uproar over Opta and tinkering with scores after the games has tainted things a little for me. Can't fully trust the system right now.

I'm just feeling pretty low about FI at the moment brothers 😣

• @Mintyfresh it's very different now though because they aren't proper spreads with proper liquidity. If before you had 1200 on a player and you wanted to instant sell him for the whole lot you would be able to with a small loss. Now I have been selling shares in lumps of around 15 shares at a time and the spread might still be huge and once I have taken the 15 shares there is no instant sell value again. I'm sure they will increase divs and do a bonus to prop up the market and maybe a cash drop but the real problems will come when order books come in and the 2% commission

• @Tom7471 I do sympathize, I was just saying that I don't think large spreads at the outset would have made people any happier.

I was never in favour of OBs and I would go back to the old system tomorrow if I could, but many were pushing for OBs and thought it was the gateway to further growth. It seemed to me it would be great for newbies or those with large cash balances but would add an extra level of risk to those of us with existing holds. A few on here agreed with me, but most seemed to think OBs would be a good thing. Long term they may be right, but I'm not personally seeing any great benefits.

Just another example I suppose of FI being unable to please everyone. I fear sell orders coming in will have the same effect. Some people demanding them now, but when they arrive and values start dropping initially, there'll be further outrage.

• @ScouseSte

It is definitely hard work. I am trying to pick out 4 players for Advinculas challenge and I am even struggling with that 😂 I think the obvious issues have been discussed, now up to FI to sort it out.. I'm confident the good times will return, but sentiment is taking a battering right now

• @Baydog said in Quick Rant:

@ScouseSte

It is definitely hard work. I am trying to pick out 4 players for Advinculas challenge and I am even struggling with that 😂 I think the obvious issues have been discussed, now up to FI to sort it out.. I'm confident the good times will return, but sentiment is taking a battering right now

Yea mate I'm not panicking at all but as you say it's down to FI now. Just gotta wait it out.

• My concern will be the 2% extra on bids when that starts. You will basically be 4% down straight away on any player bought via bids

• @Pez said in Quick Rant:

My concern will be the 2% extra on bids when that starts. You will basically be 4% down straight away on any player bought via bids

But you might be saving 20% rather than paying market price. The 2% on buys makes no difference really

• The trouble is now the present “value” of a player has become what people are willing to pay (the IS).
    I think traders are struggling to take it in and think “I’m not selling at £1.20 when his price is £1.50”.
    But the point is they’re only worth what people will pay and when sell orders come in it’s going to slap us in the face because the buy price and sell price should come together to create a current market value.

• @Pez said in Quick Rant:

My concern will be the 2% extra on bids when that starts. You will basically be 4% down straight away on any player bought via bids

Still 0% on normal buys though, if I think I’m onto something I will pay full price.

• Definitely something not quite right. I had massive growth in my port when there was no football. Now it is back and can not get a rise. And I have started well. Won PB with Sterling and Ings, lost out with jwp despite tied first, and on track today with SM currrently top forward. That is a decent few days. Yet my port is barely moving. I think between Ings, Sterling and SM I have had a combined rise of about 10p. That is not right.

• A lot of arm chair critics on here at the the moment, confident they know better how to run FI in the midst of a global pandemic- the last 3 months of which has had no football. Everyone suddenly a professor in algorithms and financial markets. Yawn. They have protected everyone’s assets and have kept FI stable. Getting tired of the whinging. Personally loving the opportunities and football at the moment.

• @Valhalla said in Quick Rant:

They have protected everyone’s assets and have kept FI stable.

No they have not.

They've reduced everyones assets and caused a lot of long term users to speak out against them.

Never took you for an "I'm alright Jack" kinda guy.

• @Valhalla I think people like you haven't quite realised the impact of changes yet... Or you're burying your head in the sand... Or you're just spinning positives cos you think itl protect your investment. Use your eyes and see the market behavioural changes. As well as mass sentiment change...

• Jesus its like a carcass waiting for the usual vultures to get their piece.

Not helping yourself fellas or sheep.

• @Dan-The-Man

If FI go bust everyone’s assets are reduced to zero.

Is it too much to ask for you to take a few months of reduced, or no, profitability at a time when there’s a global pandemic? At a time when investments in traditional asset classes are down 10-20% or more?

Meanwhile people are getting their knickers in a twist about FI not continuing to provide almost zero risk, high reward betting opportunities in the midst of the most extraordinary economic event of the last 75 years.