What percentage do you have in bids

• Quite clearly most of us have a usable cash balance sitting in out accounts as bid bit how what percentage do u have
    I have about 15% of my money i use on index in bids which wud before be spent buying players in the market but getting more value by bidding now obviously

• TBH the best percentage is 100% in bids! Its really sad that you get more of a return on getting a bid than you can on dividends or player price appreciation.

• None all my bids have been accepted and my cash balance has ran out so now i need a boom period while I continue restructuring my port

• @NewUser607503 well it's not real return as if u buy a player who's not market selling then u only got a profit on screen even tho it looks nice being 10 or 20 percent up. divs is the best returns imo
    But I agree hard to make a profit if u market buy ATM that's why every time I sell a player I just bid for a different player for now

• @Black-Wolf hope after my bids get accepted then there's a boom period so they can be market sold
    Sure it's not to far away

• @R2d2 said in What percentage do you have in bids:

@NewUser607503 well it's not real return as if u buy a player who's not market selling then u only got a profit on screen even tho it looks nice being 10 or 20 percent up. divs is the best returns imo
    But I agree hard to make a profit if u market buy ATM that's why every time I sell a player I just bid for a different player for now

Everything's on screen till it's in the bank but ME is for buying off trend and waiting. Weve all heard buy low, sell high, well view the ME as buy unfashionable, sell fashionable

• @MickTurbo that exactly what I'm doing pal

• @R2d2 im buying up players to just keep for next couple seasons, not interested in dipping in and out of the markets now and buying when yesterdays media king is thrown to the side for the next short term big news story etc

• 0%

Made a little bit of money trading via bids in the first few days after the matching engine was released, but have stopped now.

Picking up players at 40% seems like a bargain, but not really if you can’t sell them on.

• @ocs123 so are u still market buying or not really buying players atm

• @ocs123

This is the conundrum. We can now bargain buy, but all this leads to a false sense of port value, because it appears now its nigh on impossible getting the market value on a sale. In a sense, that metric means nothing now.

I'm fairly new to this, and had a buying / selling strategy. I did sell a couple of players for a tidy profit before the ME, but now it seems impossible to sell at the market price. I have 7 players up for sale, including a few in the top ten, but not one is moving. Some have been on sale for weeks. I first thought of selling the ones not doing so well, so to test the system i am trying now to sell my high earners "on paper" which I apparently are 25% up. Noone is prepared to pay the market value.

So, how much is my port worth ? And is it really worth buying a player for 40% of market value if you are having to sell at a similar discount too.

What they need to do on the app / website, is quote your port value on the IS price, not on this fake market value.

I am now going to re-evaluate all my players based on this rate. I thought actually I was doing quite well and up 7% in last 4 months, so it will be very interesting to find out the true value.