Who would walk away

• Who honestly here would walk away today if they could sell their port up and come out with their deposit, I'm £8000 up and would take my initial deposit as I have become massively disillusioned with the index and seems very boring compared to before covid, all you have is people chucking in ridiculous bids for your players so effectively your stuck with them

• Not me. Far too early to make rash decisions.

The current state of FI is temporary and the measures were necessary to protect us all.

Patience is needed more now than ever.

• My net deposit = 0 so for that reason im oot

• Leant a lot in the last year but definitely would not walk away at this point as it’s unprecedented time’s in all walks of life right now but get your point it’s a little boring. But look at the bigger picture I d rather it be boring for a few months than just crash so I’m just trying to accept it’s going to be like this for a little while or at least until the index produce something to get all ends of the market moving again. The most patient people will probably be the most rewarded in the future 🤞

• @MUFC Actually loving FI and football at the mo. So much underpriced undiscovered talent on the market at the moment, and with ME you can get them at criminal prices. Like a pig in muck.

• I think now is one of the worst times to walk away as this is a low time. Things will only boom again like they always have and those who have left - I can almost guarantee they’ll want to rush back once they realise they’re not happy with the 0.1% in the bank.

• They will not stand back and watch little trading, small if any rises on goals and good pb scores.
    Not going to happen. It’s boring for us and worse for them.

• TBH it makes sense FI want you to be stuck with the shares so they expire and thus they regain the whole purchase price. In addition to this when selling orders comes into force prices are gonna fall soooo much, I will be surprised if people who are up are able to get there initial investments back. Just take it as a game and a little fun.

• Think it’s time for the famous Warren Buffet saying: “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the impatient to the patient”

• @NewUser607503 said in Who would walk away:

TBH it makes sense FI want you to be stuck with the shares so they expire and thus they regain the whole purchase price. In addition to this when selling orders comes into force prices are gonna fall soooo much, I will be surprised if people who are up are able to get there initial investments back. Just take it as a game and a little fun.

😂😂😂

• @NewUser607503 said In addition to this when selling orders comes into force prices are gonna fall soooo much, I will be surprised if people who are up are able to get there initial investments back.

👆🏻This slightly over dramatic reply just reminded me of another Warren Buffet saying 😏: “The stock market is manic depressive”. And he goes on to say “it swings wildly on sentiment. Try not to lose your head in the madness”
    These kind of turbulent moments is exactly why FI whales become whales. Because they just plough on, hoovering up the money from those shitting themselves and running for the hills.
    They do this time after time after time. Ppl shit themselves, the rake it in. Don’t be one of those chumps funding their portfolios because you are IS’ing your players cheap.

• Is it just me or were people complaining about how volatile the market was pre-covid???
    Might just have to accept it's a bit more boring and play the long game (although you can still mess about short term on the ME). What happened to all the '3 year bet' preachers?
    It may take take away some of the classic short term gamblers money, but it's where the platform needs to head.

• @NewUser607503 For only being on the Index for a month you seem to be throwing a lot of negative comments about, in fact on 3 different threads today alone. Of course FI want everyone to be stuck in holds for the next 3 years and make no commission, and then finally all traders lose all their money, I mean that would be great for business. Most likely another fake account here to bash FI, give it a rest!

• @MUFC I wouldn't walk away with just my deposits... But id happily walk away if they offered me my port value. I could make the money work a lot better elsewhere but lots of it trapped in FI long term now

• @MUFC I'm happy where I am. I've been a bit nervous on a couple of occasions in the past, not unduly panicked but sold a couple of holds on a dip to reduce my risk, then kicked myself for not investing and buying more, as suddenly people start buying again and I miss all the rises. I decided after the last time that I wouldn't make the same mistake again so this time I've held my nerve and topped up some holds on the dip, instead of panic selling. I expect to be rewarded when things start spiking again.

So many opportunities on the horizon, with MB and PB reviews and the prospect of dividend increases too. The only change I fear is the introduction of sell orders so I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but I'll adapt if it does. Too much fun to be had here and way more stable than the stock market to walk away now.

• @Valhalla said in Who would walk away:

Think it’s time for the famous Warren Buffet saying: “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the impatient to the patient”

I think this is truer and more relevent than ever right now. A market that only goes up is not sustainable and actually extremely dangerous, especially one where spikes in price are caused by events that do not have any material impact on the value of an asset.

To put it in the context of FI - Player X is £1.50 - good age, solid PB scores and plays for one of the top teams in the league. Let’s say he has 5 goals and 5 assists at the midway point of the season. He then has a great game scoring a goal, getting an assist and picking up MOTM. His price spikes by 30p as a result of this so people are now buying at a 20% premium when fundamentally nothing has changed. Trends like this were all too common in the past and are not sustainable for the platform, in fact I’d be much more reluctant to hold larger funds in FI if this were still the case.

With the above in mind, why do you expect a player’s price to spike off the back of a PB win alone? You’re picking up a couple of pence worth of divs and if we’re looking long term, that’s one less career PB win available to you at the point of purchase.

I think what FI are doing is moving towards a more sustainable model and while growth will be slower, I have much more faith in the longevity of the platform. That plus the fact they are now a tier one gambling provider gives me much more confidence in FI and their long term financials.

The game has certaintly changed and I can completely understand that this may not suit those who need a short term buzz similar to that provided by tradtional bookies but I’m pretty happy with the direction we seem to be heading, or at least the direction I percieve us to be heading in.

• Have to admit I did some instant selling today. They were players I had on the market for ages anyway and just weren't selling. They were the absolute guff I bought not long after I started on here and have absolutely no chance of winning dividends so have no idea what I was thinking when I bought them.

The absolute Irony is that one of the players I sold was Joelinton, he had just missed a one on one at the time and it was the final straw. Then he scores in the second half after I had got rid and is currently top of the media dividends! Could only happen to me.

• @MikeWagner ive seen a few mention how important being a tier 1 gambling provider is.

Is there anywhere we can see what it means? And what other companies are tier 1 to give us some comparisons? Ive had a quick google and cant see anything about it.

• @Westy major tier 1 partners like Unibet, GiG, Betsson, Leo Vegas, Mr. Green, Bet365, William Hill, Sky Bet and Jackpotjoy, as well as Wazdan partners also on the Relax platform such as BetConstruct, Iforium, Bethard, Videoslots and EveryMatrix,

fount that in an article 2018

Havent heard of quite a lot of them.

So whats the deal with Tier 1 hype?

• @MikeWagner said in Who would walk away:

@Valhalla said in Who would walk away:

Think it’s time for the famous Warren Buffet saying: “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the impatient to the patient”

I think this is truer and more relevent than ever right now. A market that only goes up is not sustainable and actually extremely dangerous, especially one where spikes in price are caused by events that do not have any material impact on the value of an asset.

To put it in the context of FI - Player X is £1.50 - good age, solid PB scores and plays for one of the top teams in the league. Let’s say he has 5 goals and 5 assists at the midway point of the season. He then has a great game scoring a goal, getting an assist and picking up MOTM. His price spikes by 30p as a result of this so people are now buying at a 20% premium when fundamentally nothing has changed. Trends like this were all too common in the past and are not sustainable for the platform, in fact I’d be much more reluctant to hold larger funds in FI if this were still the case.

With the above in mind, why do you expect a player’s price to spike off the back of a PB win alone? You’re picking up a couple of pence worth of divs and if we’re looking long term, that’s one less career PB win available to you at the point of purchase.

I think what FI are doing is moving towards a more sustainable model and while growth will be slower, I have much more faith in the longevity of the platform. That plus the fact they are now a tier one gambling provider gives me much more confidence in FI and their long term financials.

The game has certaintly changed and I can completely understand that this may not suit those who need a short term buzz similar to that provided by tradtional bookies but I’m pretty happy with the direction we seem to be heading, or at least the direction I percieve us to be heading in.

@MikeWagner Couldn’t have put this better. I’m fully aware I probably won’t make as much profit now- but FI now look financially strong. I will take this all day long. A platform that only ever rises and sprinkles endless dividend wins on its participants would be a very scary thing indeed, and I would be out quicker than a jack rabbit.
    I sleep easier at night when there are dips like the one at the moment (and I’ve seen at least 4 significant dips since I’ve been on here) That means it’s a normal, healthy market after all.