Man City

• Now they've won the league is there a chance Pep could give some game time to a few of the highly rated youngsters? Foden is already around £1.70 but Diaz is only 96p, very highly regarded it seems and has been on the bench and had some time on the pitch recently. Good chance of growth short term if he plays?

• Depends if they want to break the 95 point record, or even the 100 point mark

• I think the youngsters will get a game or two. Pep will surely want to give his first teamers a bit of a rest ahead of the WC. And David Silva will presumably get some time off to be with his family.

The fixtures left are Swansea (H), West Ham (A), Huddersfield (H), Brighton (H), Southampton (A). They can comfortably expect to win all five games and hit the 100pt season even carrying Foden, Diaz, and Zivchenko.

• @playingcards1 Yeah you're probably right. I'm gonna have a bash on Zinchenko. I know the sample size isn't that big but he's averaged 81 passes per premier league game this season...

• Don't underestimate the foden bandwagon if he gets a goal or two before season is over

• @NewUser136822 said in Man City:

Now they've won the league is there a chance Pep could give some game time to a few of the highly rated youngsters? Foden is already around £1.70 but Diaz is only 96p, very highly regarded it seems and has been on the bench and had some time on the pitch recently. Good chance of growth short term if he plays?

My advice would be to watch out for the starting lineups, 1hr before the game, and if there announced in the starting select, then buy, you should get at similar price, and no gamble

• @Lights said in Man City:

Don't underestimate the foden bandwagon if he gets a goal or two before season is over

Massively over priced IMO but it is what it is

• Exactly. That's the game we are playing.

• Diaz has risen 19p since the first post. Looks like Adarabioyo is going a similar way, up 6p already today to 55p, could be another quick profit.

• I think this post is a classic example of how us as traders can influence the market... Start with a good rumor and any average players price can rise based on nothing but our 'opinion'....

Scary thought??? These guys for me have great potential but when you see that Phil Foden is priced higher than the French Leagues top goalscorer who is also on his way to the World Cup it makes me question the basis of my own investment strategy??? When Brahim Diaz costs more than the worlds best goalkeeper David De Gea as well as Ngolo Kante and Luka Modric...

Serious money to be earned when you look at 'potential' but I would be nervous about the pumpers and dumpers out there which could result in a crash as quick as they rise. No guarantees that any of these will play more than 90 minutes combined from now until the end of the season so i'll be staying well away!!!!

• @dannypea yeah I'm sure that's a possibility but I don't know if my 50 futures in Diaz would make that much difference! I'm less than a week into this so I'm still working out the best ways to profit and thought young players at Man City with potential gametime could be a quick win.

• @NewUser136822 said in Man City:

@dannypea yeah I'm sure that's a possibility but I don't know if my 50 futures in Diaz would make that much difference! I'm less than a week into this so I'm still working out the best ways to profit and thought young players at Man City with potential gametime could be a quick win.

I think this is a fair assumption. Both Diaz and Foden need to appear in 3 of the 5 remaining matches to be eligible for a PL winners medal; there's a good chance they'll get a start in which case the price will spike; more so if they play well or get a goal.

• certainly 'any' young player that announces themselves at one of the worlds best teams would be a good low risk gamble to take although I suppose my point is more towards the over inflation of his current value which puts me off the most... I question are you investing because he plays for Man City??? and because he's young??? Or are you investing because you believe he's a good player that will go on to bigger things? If the latter then stick with it as i'm sure he'll do you good!

All strategy dependent because this type of player sounds like a great quick flip opportunity (all be it not for me)? We've all seen the youngsters at Chelsea fail to make the grade at Stamford Bridge so my biggest concern would be that whilst Foden & Diaz look like they could be future stars... Are they guaranteed to play a large part of Man City's success over the next three years? If no... Then how will that effect their price overall?

Sounds like you could certainly have spotted him early enough for his price to rise off the back of making an appearance or two for City towards the season end which is great for a short term flip especially.

I still wonder at this early stage of his career would you get better value for your money elsewhere?? But if he is good enough.... His price will grow even more regardless...

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.