Footie

• I have quite a diverse range of players, but all down over the last week, averaging around 1.5% down, (not moaning as you have to take rough with smooth). Yet the Footie keeps going up? Is the footie based on the amount invested in players or just cash into the index - as I can only imagine there is a lot of cash in ME - but that shouldn’t contribute to the footie?
    Just seems a bit odd?

• I dont think anyone has ever really got to the bottom of what the Footie represents to be honest, at least before the ME was implemented it seemed to correlate with how the market was faring so im even less the wiser now.

• Footie is not really fit for purpose anymore given it can't go down. We now need to measure it by how little/fast it is growing, rather than the direction it is going. For example, over the last 7 days, there has been a loss of £14.95 from player prices. Thats adding together all the rises in pennies, and subtracting it against the players who have fallen. Yet the footie has 'risen' every day

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

How do you get that info?

ta

• @Advinculas-Index Have messaged you :)

• @Gazza used to think I knew how it works, but I'm less certain now. It seems to be based on money in players, therefore listing to the sell queue doesn't bring it down. Not sure about unmatched bids and whether they effect it at all.

On the basis that FI are not currently buying back shares, I'm guessing it's impossible for the Footie to ever go down, as any shares sold, which would decrease it, are being replaced by a new purchase at the same time.

I haven't checked but has the Footie gone down since the ME came in? If it hasn't, I reckon the above must be broadly right and it just can't decrease now.

• Banned

@Mintyfresh it tanked and then they announced it was broke and they had to fix it, since then, its never been down even though the market is tanking.

you are right, no shares being removed means it cant go down

• @Gazza I was asking the same thing.

Top of the index bleeding money as far as prices go, same with my port. However money isnt leaving the index as its still growing,

What I can put together is this, the new ME is just getting put to use and loads of people have money sitting in bids hoping for cheap shares.

All just teething pains I hope and will get back to normal once the market corrects itself.

• 0_1592958745135_upload-f8662fa4-a14a-45ca-94bd-24f4730c4449

The figure to watch is the one on the right of the big figure. It's only 35.01. The Footie is meant to be the amount of 1 share in every player on the index. It has been a minus -2000+ in a bear market a couple of times before and FI stepped in with a DD. So it has been worse than this. If you scroll down the squad list there are many players with no bids. Not all of them are crap. There are internationals playing in PB leagues. Traders are holding these players but they are trapped. When there are enough bids to get out, even offering less than 50% of buy price, traders are biting the hands off buyers to exit. I had to do that to get Dardai down from 200 shares to 100. I'm happy to hold 100 until next season.

AC went back on his word to keep IS when the ME came in. Traders are cheesed off. He also went back on his word when he said he would provide the maths behind the claim that only 7% of MB winners are outside the top 200 when he released MB to the squad. Wake up guys.

• @Londoner the bit in your second paragraph about MB isn’t true - they did a whole blog about this and showed their calculations. There was nothing underhand about this at all.

• Index is going through a difficult time at the moment, im sure it will come back round. I withdrew money for the 1st time ever last night. Ive never been compelled to do so previously . I also havent been putting in my normal Monthly cash, i will wait to see how things playout before investing more.

• @Londoner said in Footie:

0_1592958745135_upload-f8662fa4-a14a-45ca-94bd-24f4730c4449

The figure to watch is the one on the right of the big figure. It's only 35.01. The Footie is meant to be the amount of 1 share in every player on the index. It has been a minus -2000+ in a bear market a couple of times before and FI stepped in with a DD. So it has been worse than this. If you scroll down the squad list there are many players with no bids. Not all of them are crap. There are internationals playing in PB leagues. Traders are holding these players but they are trapped. When there are enough bids to get out, even offering less than 50% of buy price, traders are biting the hands off buyers to exit. I had to do that to get Dardai down from 200 shares to 100. I'm happy to hold 100 until next season.

AC went back on his word to keep IS when the ME came in. Traders are cheesed off. He also went back on his word when he said he would provide the maths behind the claim that only 7% of MB winners are outside the top 200 when he released MB to the squad. Wake up guys.

I reckon that they've tinkered with how the Footie is calculated and not told anyone. I suspect it now includes money tied up in "bids" too.

For most of the last month we've seen small day-on-day increases in the Footie, which seems bogus, because the vast majority of players on the Index have fallen in price during that time. Some of that can be put down to market listing and lengthening sell queues. But I find it very hard to believe that there is more money invested in players now than there was say a month ago.

• @ocs123 said in Footie:

@Londoner said in Footie:

0_1592958745135_upload-f8662fa4-a14a-45ca-94bd-24f4730c4449

I reckon that they've tinkered with how the Footie is calculated and not told anyone. I suspect it now includes money tied up in "bids" too.

For most of the last month we've seen small day-on-day increases in the Footie, which seems bogus, because the vast majority of players on the Index have fallen in price during that time. Some of that can be put down to market listing and lengthening sell queues. But I find it very hard to believe that there is more money invested in players now than there was say a month ago.

Yep doesn't mark sense. Over the last week players dropped by a cumulative total of 14 quid. Yet the Footie rose each day....

• They should be releasing a statement regarding the footie no doubt. This is a market place and the footie is suppose to represent and reflect what is happening in the market and not doing so is just misleading and bang out of order really

• If the drops are caused by listing, which they probably are, I dont think it will affect the Footie. I'm hoping that any good news will lead to mass delisting and people throwing 🚀 🚀 🚀 🚀 all over the place again

• @Coleyscrooge said in Footie:

@Londoner the bit in your second paragraph about MB isn’t true - they did a whole blog about this and showed their calculations. There was nothing underhand about this at all.

I haven't seen that. It couldn't have been widely and ostensibly advertised/sign-posted. I didn't say it was underhand. Certainly then opening up PB to the squad as well has resulted in many players few know or hold, winning PB. That achieved FI's aim of reducing their payouts and increasing their profits, thus making it harder for traders to win.

• @ocs123 I think there has to be more money tied up in players, as can only sell to another punter now. Prices can still go down when listed to market, but won't decrease the Footie as FI still have that money until it is sold (at which point they have the buyer's money, so still no decrease). Hence I don't see it is possible for the Footie to decrease under the current set up.

I don't think it's wrong to calculate it this way, but it does make it less of a useful measure to us traders. Arguably would be more helpful if it was just based on the market values, so if they decrease, the Footie would too.

• I personally think the "footie" is a made up number, a false god so to speak, that people will point to and say look were fine, as people leave.

I should add the place cant empty fully because you cant get your money out of here anymore unless somebody is willing to put some in.