100 Rashfords or 700 ME bargains?

• Thoughts on selling up my Rashfords and investing the money into 7 or 8 ME bargains (approx 100 shares in each) in the low £1 range?

Bearing in mind you can get certain players currently 10-40p cheaper right now.

Would you keep hold or get shot? Cheers

• @JonesyFI-WH said in 100 Rashfords or 700 ME bargains?:

Thoughts on selling up my Rashfords and investing the money into 7 or 8 ME bargains (approx 100 shares in each) in the low £1 range?

Rashford is a steady hold during a period of uncertainty.

But the opportunities currently available via the matching engine are mindblowing for those willing to take the risk.

You can pretty much get half price bids accepted on some of the sub £1 market. 🤯

If I had spare cash at the minute, that's where my money would be going.

• @JonesyFI-WH Last Friday I sold 200 Pogba and put £1,500 into ME. Missed out on £6 MB dividends but no regrets, yet...

Thoughts on selling up my Rashfords and investing the money into 7 or 8 ME bargains (approx 100 shares in each) in the low £1 range?

Depends on your strategy really - Rashford is lower risk and will supply a steady stream of divs, provides excellent liquidity but lower % CA.

If you're happy for your money to sit in some holds for the next 6-12 months then there's some serious value out there. I'm moving out of a couple of higher end holds to top up on 3 which are sub £1.20 and purchase a big chunk in 3 which are sub £1.

That said I'm more of a long term trader so happy to hold them for a while with the likely exit point in 2 years.

• Thank you all. Seems the general consensus so far is to sell up.

I am not someone who flips players (basically cos I’m shit at it) so my plan would be to hold the low £1 buys and hopefully sell for reasonable cap app later down the line. Also rather follow 7-8 more on a match day.

If I do go ahead I’d probably look into the French and German leagues before the main rush.

Depends on your approach.

I think it's worth noting that there is more liquidity in premium players like Rashford at the moment. Are you likely to need your money any time soon?

• @JonesyFI-WH I'd risk it but that's me wanting more chances to make some coin

• @Yellow no mate I wouldn’t need the money. This is just spare cash I’m playing with so no issue with it being in here the full 3 years.

• @JonesyFI-WH there are plenty of sub £1 players who will be going to the Euros next year.

I’ve been slowly (only using divs) topping up on Wober, Dubois and Jedvaj.

If I had more cash I’d be getting more that are over £1 but bids under like Klostermann, Piatek and Dilruson.

But pump aside the worlds tour oyster if you pick wisely....good luck in your hunt

• If I had to pick one I would go Roberto lopez of sociadad, he is next on their production line.
    I have 800 of him from 69p, think he doubles next season easily.

I have others under a quid but he is my pick.

Rashford should be good for 3 years though either way.

• Do we see this as the start of the end of Rashford or just people jumping off him to make some quick cash elsewhere.

I'm still thinking he will be around the £15 mark come the 2022 world cup.

Question though, in this current climate - say he hit a trick tonight and was just outstanding how much do you think he would jump - or don't you think people would blink at it?

• @Millerman said in 100 Rashfords or 700 ME bargains?:

Do we see this as the start of the end of Rashford or just people jumping off him to make some quick cash elsewhere.

Question though, in this current climate - say he hit a trick tonight and was just outstanding how much do you think he would jump - or don't you think people would blink at it?

I'm of the same opinion, I wasn't on Rashford until a week ago when he dropped to £7. Thinking of the Euros, World Cup, Man Utd potentially in the Champions league - he could double in value in 12-24mths .

• @Millerman said in 100 Rashfords or 700 ME bargains?:

Do we see this as the start of the end of Rashford or just people jumping off him to make some quick cash elsewhere.

Depends if hes wearing gloves at the time

• Market very up and down at the moment. Flavour of months coming and going faster than normal. We’ve Gnabry, Havertz, Rashford, Haaland (to name a few) all climb steeply then fall away. Rashers will be back earning MB once he’s match fit. Last couple games he looked much better.

• will Rashford double in price over a year?

I think there will be some gks to still double in price before the new season kicks off

Rashford is one of my biggest holds btw

• Issue I can see, if I'm right, is when OB come in, people will mainly buy shares if they see value in them, so divs/potential? When you buy your cheap shares, ask yourself if in 3 years time you would buy them at a higher price?

• I'd say that the money will come back around to the top end in due course, but it will be later in the year when I'd expect there to be some kind of FI intervention ahead of the Christmas spending lull...

I expect for the next few months we'll be seeing plenty of posts highlighting the value of player x at under a quid vs the value of player y at £10... People will move money around, sell up some premiums to jump onto the value. The higher end ports on the higher end players will all start threatening to split (if they are not already.). FI will leave it until the last possible moment and then do something that gets that end of the market moving.

This is of course only speculation but it is built upon a solid foundation of 2.5 years of watching the market and how FI tends to operate within it. Moving value around, controlling cycles, it is what they do.. I am not saying it is a bad thing, they probably have good reason to do so and modelling etc to control outcomes. All I am really saying is don't put all of your egg in one basket, and don't assume just because one end of the market is struggling right now doesn't mean it will be in a month or two..

• When we had the announcement last week initially I was thinking positive even though I could not participate in the buying as my laptop could not cope with the demand.

But since then even though I have got on board the GK train since Saturday the profits from my keepers is not keeping pace with the losses from my elite players.

Must admit this is becoming quite concerning and FI just did not by the looks of it consider the consequences of adding the GK category.

By now they must be aware of the damage it is doing (just look at them spreads) to nearly all stocks other than keepers.

Can they allow this to continue with out fatally damaging their product in the short and long term.

Just look at Sterling the other night, he has needed a performance like that for months and you would have thought would give him a 20-30p boost but no he rose what a penny or two?

I and all of us don't want this product to be about the most boring position on the pitch but at the moment it is the only game in town and it worries me to be honest.

Loved the index since beginning of 19 but there is not so much fun anymore.

We are all racing to the bottom with these premium holds putting in bids but a week later they are lower still🤔🤨

• It’s so easy to get caught up in the now, everyone spouts on about 2 or 3 year holds but the reality is not many have the balls to see it through.
    Goalkeepers have obvs been bought in to shake things up just like ipd’s did.
    I’ll keep saying, FI do not want the best and most talked about players in the world to be useless on the index, at some point the top end will rocket again.
    We have these dips consistently a few times a year and every year most players increase.